** Last 16 Europa League **

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that was Ross County mate

not long now until the lifelong Slavia Prague fan who moved to Glasgow shows up with the full squad breakdown 

They can ram their guard of honour, they have no honour to give. There’s also no chance they would do this. People need to stop yakking on about it. Fuck them, turn up and thump them as champions does

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Had a look on Skybet and there are no prices for the next round ties yet but we are 16/1 to win the cup and Slavia Praha are 66/1. 

Not sure about that, TBH. 

That will of course reflect the amount of money being bet on each team. There will obviously be more money going on us than them regardless of real probability of winning the cup. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

One of the sides I would rather have missed tbh. Its going to get harder now and I hope our defence is up for it. We will score goals against any of them but its the other side that could be the problem......

Think that's one of the benefits of being drawn away from home first. If we continue play as well going forward as we have done in Europe, then away goal(s) should put pressure on them to open up when they come to Ibrox - which also suits us.

Will be a tough tie though.

bluenoz likes this
25 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Think that's one of the benefits of being drawn away from home first. If we continue play as well going forward as we have done in Europe, then away goal(s) should put pressure on them to open up when they come to Ibrox - which also suits us.

Will be a tough tie though.

My thoughts as well. I wanted to be drawn as second team in a tie. Once Slavia were drawn I was then in 2 minds, get drawn and have away tie first or stay in that to meet Granada or Molde with a 50/50 chance of away tie first. Opted for the latter but it wasnt to be. That said not the worst draw and we can certainly compete with them. 

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

Had a look on Skybet and there are no prices for the next round ties yet but we are 16/1 to win the cup and Slavia Praha are 66/1. 

Not sure about that, TBH. 

I might be miles off it but I honestly think it’s a 50/50 tie between us and could be 2 draws and away goals could be vital. 

In all honesty this is a free hit, there is absolutely no way we (or the taigs for that matter) should be in the last 16 of a European competition with the way things are money wise these days.

There's a few teams there this year due to luck more than anything, Granada, Molde & Young Boys all fluked results last night & could've easily went out.

However in general, the teams that are left have ridiculous budgets & we're punching well above our weight getting this far....testament to how well we & Gerrard have done in Europe to get here twice in 2 years.

glasgow argyle likes this