** Last 16 Europa League **

BlueVanguard

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Where in Czech Republic are you from ballbag?

No, that's an incorrect translation. "z ball bagu" would be "from a ball bag". "z" is from. ball bag obviously is not an expression anyway. Also, you directly translated "where in the Czech Republic are you from", which does not literally translate as the sentence structure is different. You should have asked "Odkud v Cesku jsi, ball bagu" (if you insist on the English expression ball bag).

Just now, Gentleman Jim said:

No, that's an incorrect translation. "z ball bagu" would be "from a ball bag". "z" is from. ball bag obviously is not an expression anyway. Also, you directly translated "where in the Czech Republic are you from", which does not literally translate as the sentence structure is different. You should have asked "Odkud v Cesku jsi, ball bagu" (if you insist on the English expression ball bag).

Thanks mate 

4 hours ago, Gentleman Jim said:

Slavia fan here. I have to say I am surprised how many delicate flowers and snowflakes seem to be among the fans of the mighty Rangers... Some of the sensitive reactions from Rangers fans here and elsewhere to Slavia players celebrating the draw... wow! You lot seem easily offended by nothing. The reason that Slavia players (and fans as well) are very pleased with the draw is a combination of various factors, none of them disrespectful: we're playing a traditional club with lots of history, a legendary player is in charge of the club and they are playable. Rangers are favourites and Slavia is aware of that, but we certainly fancy our chances in comparison to playing the likes of Milan. At the same time, Rangers are a much more attractive opponent than some of the other playable teams left in the competition, like Young Boys Bern or Molde.

Some of the comments underestimating Slavia are really misplaced. This club - under the same manager - eliminated serial EL winners Sevilla from this competition in 2018/19, putting six goals past them, scored 3 at Stamford Bridge in the quarterfinals, and Sarri said after the finals win against Arsenal that Slavia had been the hardest opponent they faced in the entire EL campaign that year. In the CL last year, they were up 1-0 against Inter away from home until the 91st minute to draw 1-1 in a game they should have won, were the first team in 3 years not to concede away from home at Barcelona and were competitive in every game they played. But we like to be underestimated - that sort of attitude towards Slavia does not always work out for opponents. I have the utmost respect for Rangers as a club, although comments from Rangers fans here like "Tbf if i was a shitey czech football club, and i just got the news I was going to play the famous Glasgow Rangers, id likely cheer too" make me want Slavia to win even more.

Not seen a lot of people thinking this is an easy tie under any circumstances.

Think most of our support would have wanted Molde. But the fact you guys put out Leicester makes me believe you have a good team and it is a tie we should be taken seriously.

Jan Kutcha looks like he is an absolute handful as a few others also.

5 hours ago, Gentleman Jim said:

Slavia fan here. I have to say I am surprised how many delicate flowers and snowflakes seem to be among the fans of the mighty Rangers... Some of the sensitive reactions from Rangers fans here and elsewhere to Slavia players celebrating the draw... wow! You lot seem easily offended by nothing. The reason that Slavia players (and fans as well) are very pleased with the draw is a combination of various factors, none of them disrespectful: we're playing a traditional club with lots of history, a legendary player is in charge of the club and they are playable. Rangers are favourites and Slavia is aware of that, but we certainly fancy our chances in comparison to playing the likes of Milan. At the same time, Rangers are a much more attractive opponent than some of the other playable teams left in the competition, like Young Boys Bern or Molde.

Some of the comments underestimating Slavia are really misplaced. This club - under the same manager - eliminated serial EL winners Sevilla from this competition in 2018/19, putting six goals past them, scored 3 at Stamford Bridge in the quarterfinals, and Sarri said after the finals win against Arsenal that Slavia had been the hardest opponent they faced in the entire EL campaign that year. In the CL last year, they were up 1-0 against Inter away from home until the 91st minute to draw 1-1 in a game they should have won, were the first team in 3 years not to concede away from home at Barcelona and were competitive in every game they played. But we like to be underestimated - that sort of attitude towards Slavia does not always work out for opponents. I have the utmost respect for Rangers as a club, although comments from Rangers fans here like "Tbf if i was a shitey czech football club, and i just got the news I was going to play the famous Glasgow Rangers, id likely cheer too" make me want Slavia to win even more.

Your name should be ‘jungle Jim’

Why would you feel the need to log into another teams forum when you could be out dipping bins?

5 hours ago, Gentleman Jim said:

And here it is!  FFS!

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Always starts with .......... (whatever team we draws name) fan here then the big boring paragraphs praising us and putting us down at the same time then within a couple of post resorts to abuse 

Same guy every time imo being doing it for the last three seasons 🤣

Strange bunch

image.thumb.jpeg.0b671373a5d41124374b344ec4f315d2.jpeg

32 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Not seen a lot of people thinking this is an easy tie under any circumstances.

Think most of our support would have wanted Molde. But the fact you guys put out Leicester makes me believe you have a good team and it is a tie we should be taken seriously.

Jan Kutcha looks like he is an absolute handful as a few others also.

True, though to be fair, Leicester were not great in the second leg. Not sure to what extent that had to do with us playing well. Either an average performance by Leicester making Slavia look good, or a good Slavia performance making Leicester look average. Maybe a bit of both, but certainly not the best team selection by Rodgers. Rangers have more fire power than we do and are favourites, but I am expecting a competitive tie and maybe we might sneak through. Hard to call this one - I think anything is possible from a narrow Slavia win to a commanding Rangers win over the two legs.

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

And its goodbye to gentleman jhim. Only room for one gentleman on this site.....

You should have let that run a bit longer, the slavia Prague fan who lived in the U.K. and now resides in Japan had some miles in it.

I worry about some cunts.

Archived