** Last 16 Europa League **

BlueVanguard

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

I'm hoping for a good draw against one of the easier teams this round followed by a Battle of Britain in the next.

I'm sure we would all like to see how we compare against a really big Premier League team and to do well we need the best 11  possible out on the field.

I'm really not wanting to go so far that SG becomes the next big thing and we find it impossible to hold on to him. He has Champions League with us next season so would want a top 4 team anyway so it's hard to call.

Aye let’s not win the thing in case teams try and get our manager FS! 😂

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Aye I would love the English teams to be knocked out purely down to the arrogance of that cunt Tim Sherwood last week. He was banging on about an all English final and sniggering away when Boydie said teams will fear Rangers.

McManaman last night was one comment away from saying it’ll be all English semi finals after describing Slavia as poor, unorganised etc. Total silence when they scored though. Their arrogance about that league is honestly  pathetic 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Teams like Olympiakos, Slavia Prague, Dinamo Zagreb, Young Boys and even Molde are teams we could meet in the CL Qualifiers.

Would be a good yard stick.

Will they not all be champions of their league therefore seeded like us should we progress from this round?

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

McManaman last night was one comment away from saying it’ll be all English semi finals after describing Slavia as poor, unorganised etc. Total silence when they scored though. Their arrogance about that league is honestly  pathetic 

McFannyman

1 hour ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

I'm hoping for a good draw against one of the easier teams this round followed by a Battle of Britain in the next.

I'm sure we would all like to see how we compare against a really big Premier League team and to do well we need the best 11  possible out on the field.

I'm really not wanting to go so far that SG becomes the next big thing and we find it impossible to hold on to him. He has Champions League with us next season so would want a top 4 team anyway so it's hard to call.

Numpty

50 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s a fucking wank mate, and I’m being kind. 

United are the team to avoid.  Playing really well and lethal on the counter.  We would need to be 100% on the money defensively.

Arsenal are blowing hot and cold and Spurs are imploding.  If we get an English club I would go for Spurs. 

Whoever we get we need to be working on our defensive cohesion.  Too many goals conceded against Antwerp that were avoidable.   

3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

United are the team to avoid.  Playing really well and lethal on the counter.  We would need to be 100% on the money defensively.

Arsenal are blowing hot and cold and Spurs are imploding.  If we get an English club I would go for Spurs. 

Whoever we get we need to be working on our defensive cohesion.  Too many goals conceded against Antwerp that were avoidable.   

I wouldn’t want Spurs just for the fact that Son and Kane are absolutely lethal on the break. Helander is good positionally but I wouldn’t fancy his chances chasing Son.

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I wouldn’t want Spurs just for the fact that Son and Kane are absolutely lethal on the break. Helander is good positionally but I wouldn’t fancy his chances chasing Son.

On seconds thoughts those two charging at our deference doesn’t bode well.   Go for Arsenal. 

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

On seconds thoughts those two charging at our deference doesn’t bode well.   Go for Arsenal. 

Unfortunately there are few bad teams at this level as proved last year against BL. That was the only European game I recent years where I thought we were simply up against a superior side and were deservedly beaten.

We need to up a level to progress but that’s not impossible.

Archived