FIFA fair play award for Alfie

49 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I think he did the right thing and I'm sure the likes of Moses McNeil and Tom vallance would have been proud of this act of sportsmanship. 

If he does win an award for this, it would be amazing and the meltdown across the city would just get even bigger 🤣

Would put their self proclaimed 'best fans' back in their wee smelly box

I love the way Morelos is aggressive and I enjoy his shithouserry but I did admire him doing that today, showed some class.

If we had been 3 down and he'd done it idve felt differently right enough but we weren't and he deserves praise for doing it

Thought his all round performance bought him the right to show a bit of concern for an injured fellow pro.

He made sure his display of sportsmanship didn’t affect the outcome.

All’s well that ends well.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Was absolutely raging at him

kent was raging at play being stopped when the keeper was down

thats the type of cut throat mentality a want n a think Alfredo helped the keeper up

someones put vallium in Alfredos pre match meal imo 

I can't argue with any of that really, I do like that we now have players with that cut throat mentality, but were we not up by two at that point and playing quite comfortably at that point in the game? I think showing a bit of class at that time was totally fine, but id never want to see him do it on a domestic game. 

I think its a bit different when we're playing in Europe, domestically fuck every cunt should be the attitude but but I think ita good to show some class and represent ourselves well in Europe.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Was watching his brother wasn’t he?

For sure he was watching his bro but I'm sure he has many followers throughout the world paying attention to his comments. 

Alfie in Europe is a breath of fresh air. He has brought us back into a recognized team on that stage. (and Gerrard) Great to see.

Just now, bluenoz said:

For sure he was watching his bro but I'm sure he has many followers throughout the world paying attention to his comments. 

Alfie in Europe is a breath of fresh air. He has brought us back into a recognized player on that stage. (and Gerrard) Great to see.

Yup - was a great night to catch us mate!

12 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Hawd on here a minute. The ref stopped play and Alfie looked raging. The player actually went off the park injured - if anything the ref should have ignored him cos he was not on the field of play 

He was raging with one of the players who had a dig at him for stopping. 

Archived