Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Harsh on him.

It was a valid question to ask, unfortunately for him he was 1st up and Gerrard wanted to make a point.

well why ask it we had a great result and his first question is negative and would it be to much for him to wear a Rangers tammy instead of a Hugo boss one 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Harsh on him.

It was a valid question to ask, unfortunately for him he was 1st up and Gerrard wanted to make a point.

Disagree. I love listening to H&H and Davie Edgar but he himself highlights some of the questions asked by other media guys, and how inflexible they are/how they don’t change their questions, even if it’s already been asked.

If you’re selected to be first, you don’t open the pc with that question after THAT game/tie. He should’ve had a back up question.

Fully agree with the gaffer. Poor from Edgar.

7 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Disagree. I love listening to H&H and Davie Edgar but he himself highlights some of the questions asked by other media guys, and how inflexible they are/how they don’t change their questions, even if it’s already been asked.

If you’re selected to be first, you don’t open the pc with that question after THAT game/tie. He should’ve had a back up question.

Fully agree with the gaffer. Poor from Edgar.

Absolutely spot on Edgar made a tit of himself 

Surprised at Edgar tbh, after such an emphatic performance and result to bring that question to kick the conference off is way off the mark.

Ask it ahead of the weekend game if you must but tonight should have been about how well the team have done.

Its like the first question being “The two goals you conceded tonight were really poor defensively you can’t be pleased about the defending”

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Surprised at Edgar tbh, after such an emphatic performance and result to bring that question to kick the conference off is way off the mark.

Ask it ahead of the weekend game if you must but tonight should have been about how well the team have done.

Its like the first question being “The two goals you conceded tonight were really poor defensively you can’t be pleased about the defending”

To be fair, Gerrard has been very quick to voluntarily point out his irritation at losing goals as soon as he started talking  in both pressers after the Antwerp games.

He also mentioned always looking for ‘perfection’ in his post-match BT interview tonight.

That attitude is why we are excelling this season. His standards are off the scale and making an impact.

The clip of them training when he first came and him barking at them to get it right....👌 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

To be fair, Gerrard has been very quick to voluntarily point out his irritation at losing goals as soon as he started talking  in both pressers after the Antwerp games.

He also mentioned always looking for ‘perfection’ in his post-match BT interview tonight.

That attitude is why we are excelling this season. His standards are off the scale and making an impact.

The clip of them training when he first came and him barking at them to get it right....👌 

Not saying that the goals we lost weren’t an issue but it’s not the first thing that springs to mind after a result and performance like that. Just seems odd to start it off with something negative (although he did try to put a positive spin on the question it was still about something Gerrard wanted to draw a line under)

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not saying that the goals we lost weren’t an issue but it’s not the first thing that springs to mind after a result and performance like that. Just seems odd to start it off with something negative (although he did try to put a positive spin on the question it was still about something Gerrard wanted to draw a line under)

When I said ‘to be fair’ I was referring to the comment imagining ‘bad defending’ being the first question.

the opening question from Edgar tonight was just plain fucking stupid!

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was a stupid first question 

I'm curious, ( and no, I'm not having a go) if you ever get that opportunity and you were first on the podium tonight, what would you have asked?

Reporters rarely ask Gerrard hard question cos they are scared to fuck of his reactions.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I'm curious, ( and no, I'm not having a go) if you ever get that opportunity and you were first on the podium tonight, what would you have asked?

Reporters rarely ask Gerrard hard question cos they are scared to fuck of his reactions.

First up is usually some variation of 'talk us through the game in general terms'. After that, I would have been asking something along the lines of how happy is he at scoring 5 at home in the latter stages of a European competition as he now goes into March undefeated in the league and Europe. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ive had one of gerrard's reactions (question about Middleton he didn't like for some reason). Tbh, Ive never got the impression people are scared of how he'll react anymore than they are any other manager.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

First up is usually some variation of 'talk us through the game in general terms'. After that, I would have been asking something along the lines of how happy is he at scoring 5 at home in the latter stages of a European competition as he now goes into March undefeated in the league and Europe. 

fair enough and I agree but remember reporters also get remembered,recognized and respected for asking the tough questions as well.

However Edgar made a cunt of that and he has usually been quite good.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

fair enough and I agree but remember reporters also get remembered,recognized and respected for asking the tough questions as well.

However Edgar made a cunt of that and he has usually been quite good.

Theres a time and a place for them. Tonight was neither. 

Archived