Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

Never listened to any of our fan media podcasts so I may be speaking out of turn but any social media posts I’ve came across ,they always state the absolute obvious that any bear/bearette watching the match has worked out for themselves, the purpose of it all bewilders me tbh 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, badjon said:

@The Dude you can maybe justify a pass for Edgar to some extent. However MD runs a forum and his press contribution is posting pictures of tomorrow's back pages. What in your opinion justifies him being at every game, surely he is not essential ?

Well said 

8 hours ago, badjon said:

@The Dude you can maybe justify a pass for Edgar to some extent. However MD runs a forum and his press contribution is posting pictures of tomorrow's back pages. What in your opinion justifies him being at every game, surely he is not essential ?

He helps the club control the narrative. Easier to get what you want out to the masses without any dissent when you have the 'editor' of the biggest forum in your pocket. 

8 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Never listened to any of our fan media podcasts so I may be speaking out of turn but any social media posts I’ve came across ,they always state the absolute obvious that any bear/bearette watching the match has worked out for themselves, the purpose of it all bewilders me tbh 

Glad someone has said this.

These “echo chambers” of sad guys talking to their laptops in their bedsits are tragic.

Although, you could argue that’s exactly what we do on here!

:p:

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Glad someone has said this.

These “echo chambers” of sad guys talking to their laptops in their bedsits are tragic.

Although, you could argue that’s exactly what we do on here!

:p:

😂, a pass to every match to tell us I presume, front 3 were excellent, buff unplayable, sloppy goals to lose but onto the next round, is absolute nonsense , they honestly think nobody knew any of that till they post it 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

😂, a pass to every match to tell us I presume, front 3 were excellent, buff unplayable, sloppy goals to lose but onto the next round, is absolute nonsense , honestly think nobody knew any of that till they post it 

The ones who are in are in for much different reasons

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

All I’ve seen on social media is reiterating what every fan has worked out for themselves 

Thats the same whether is ex-players, journalists or fans tbh. But again, thays not why they are in. They are there to play mouthpiece for the club. Rangers have even gone to bat for one after being turned down for accreditation elsewhere, claiming they were the clubs official media partner

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats the same whether is ex-players, journalists or fans tbh. But again, thays not why they are in. They are there to play mouthpiece for the club. Rangers have even gone to bat for one after being turned down for accreditation elsewhere, claiming they were the clubs official media partner

Honestly if I read or hear a reason that makes the penny finally drop, how fans that discuss the game on a podcast is above paying season tickets holders in the priority list I’d hold my hands up , I’ve yet to see it justified though 

58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He helps the club control the narrative. Easier to get what you want out to the masses without any dissent when you have the 'editor' of the biggest forum in your pocket. 

Your ban from FF in the post.

Honestly if I read or hear a reason that makes the penny finally drop, how fans that discuss the game on a podcast is above paying season tickets holders in the priority list I’d hold my hands up , I’ve yet to see it justified though 

You're conflating two different things there. There's very different expectations being in as a fan v as a journo. 

They’re in telling us what we already know 

Thats largely the same whether it's Sky, H&H, Rangers News or anyone else that's in though. Particularly when it comes to match day content. It's getting a balance between being engaging and not just insulting folks intelligence. 

I said it before when it was stated the club would try and get closer to bloggers etc, there's something that just doesn't sit right with me there. 

We're a professional football club and a business. We turn over tens of millions of £s. It's unprofessional as fuck having random guys off the internet getting access while other *actual* time-served journalists are being banned because they say something the club doesn't like. 

I'm all for pro-Rangers media being out there, but not to the extent that these lapdogs will say whatever the club tells them to say without any independent scrutiny or thought. Our fans who want that need to be careful what they wish for. Just like in any business or any part of life, you need that independent challenge. 

Edgar's first question was an absolute nonsense, after a European tie where we just scored 9 goals over 2 legs. Where's the professionalism? Where's the congratulations on a fantastic victory for Rangers and Scottish Football, that any journalist worth their salt would comment? These guys just don't have a clue frankly and if I'm honest I'm totally put off by their content now, despite enjoying it in the past when I knew they had independence of thought.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats largely the same whether it's Sky, H&H, Rangers News or anyone else that's in though. Particularly when it comes to match day content. It's getting a balance between being engaging and not just insulting folks intelligence. 

Fair enough , need to agree to disagree, the way I see it 48 thousand fans are sitting in the house during a global pandemic well aware the buff is having some game , x amount of fans (not sure the total) are in ibrox to tweet the buffs having some game, it’s nonsense in my eyes , I respect you see the reason for it 👍🏻

Archived