***** The Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do we think there’s a better option for us or an advantage if Livingston win or lose tomorrow ? 

are their heads down if they lose or if they win are they all getting pished and not really interested in Wednesday or will they still be buzzing to win ?

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

do we think there’s a better option for us or an advantage if Livingston win or lose tomorrow ? 

are their heads down if they lose or if they win are they all getting pished and not really interested in Wednesday or will they still be buzzing to win ?

Don't think it will make any difference. Every team we come up against now will be wanting to be the first team to beat us in the league. These final fixtures will be the hardest run we have had all season.

10 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Don't think it will make any difference. Every team we come up against now will be wanting to be the first team to beat us in the league. These final fixtures will be the hardest run we have had all season.

Yes im trying not to take anything as a giving so we just need another 3 points on Wednesday 🤞

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m kind of hoping they win it. They are safe in the league. 

Think Kamara would be a quality full back but him being left footed would be an issue maybe play Barisic right back I know he's left footed but maybe a bit less left footed so him at right back Kamara at left back Kamara could come infield like one of them inverted wing backs on football manager Barisic could as well since he'd be coming onto his strong foot maybe this would be good as he could have more shots but would mean less crosses maybe play Scott Wright as a winger to solve this issue

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Think Kamara would be a quality full back but him being left footed would be an issue maybe play Barisic right back I know he's left footed but maybe a bit less left footed so him at right back Kamara at left back Kamara could come infield like one of them inverted wing backs on football manager Barisic could as well since he'd be coming onto his strong foot maybe this would be good as he could have more shots but would mean less crosses maybe play Scott Wright as a winger to solve this issue

Just read there that Scott Wright played right back up until he was 11 so that could be an option.

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Big fan of changing the system to play 3 centre halves and Aribo at right wing back tbh.

Seems an unpopular option on here but playing 3 centre backs gives us a chance to test alternatives, especially with Europe in mind.  We were exposed at the back against Antwerp and will need to tighten if we are to progress to the latter stages.  If it isn’t working we change it, but worth a try.  

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Pretty sure Kamara is right footed? (Although he's pretty comfortable with either).

Aribo is left footed.

3 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Seems an unpopular option on here but playing 3 centre backs gives us a chance to test alternatives, especially with Europe in mind.  We were exposed at the back against Antwerp and will need to tighten if we are to progress to the latter stages.  If it isn’t working we change it, but worth a try.  

If Patterson is suspended? And balagoun is injured ? It only leaves Goldson,  Helander and the rookie Simpson to play 3 at the back, as if Patterson is suspended,  then Bassey will be also, so I think its highly unlikely, but it's all conjecture at the moment. I would trust S.G. to find a solution for this dilemma,  somehow I feel it's a bit late to start tinkering with the system,  albeit I take on board the point we need to tighten up a bit at the back for Europe. 

Archived