Think Ukraine overtook us tonight in coefficient

GOAT

6 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Am I the only one that couldn’t care less about the co efficient?

Obviously not, League priority 1, however as easy a route as possible into the CL would be most welcome. Whilst they will not admit it, I would imagine that those in charge of the pennies at Ibrox will be dearly hoping for an injection of CL cash for at least the next couple of seasons.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Obviously not, League priority 1, however as easy a route as possible into the CL would be most welcome. Whilst they will not admit it, I would imagine that those in charge of the pennies at Ibrox will be dearly hoping for an injection of CL cash for at least the next couple of seasons.

Going straight into the Champs League would be massive for the club. As you said the cash injection would be huge. 

18 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Coefficients are for cunts who can't win leagues. We don't need to worry about that anymore. Infact. I suggest we forfeit the next round to fuck all other Scottish teams. They couldn't give a fuck about Coefficients in 2012. Why bother now?

25 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

It's massive for us financially both for the actual money and for forward planning. We will be able to get players in earlier knowing we have money coming in guaranteed. Even if we are guaranteed the play off round that's us guaranteed a 5m euro pay day.

3 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Coefficients are for cunts who can't win leagues. We don't need to worry about that anymore. Infact. I suggest we forfeit the next round to fuck all other Scottish teams. They couldn't give a fuck about Coefficients in 2012. Why bother now?

:confused:

Not necessarily true. It may not be for the top leagues in Europe but every other league cares about it due to the amounts of cash involved. 

The higher it is, the more it will benefit the club. Not having to play the dangerous qualifier and receive the huge cash injection from automatically qualifying is massive. The club needs to play in Europe.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not even close to being accurate.

7th Russia - 38.382

8th Holland - 38.000

9th Belgium - 36.500

10th Austria - 35.825

11th Scotland - 33.125

If we win both games we as a club receive 5 points. 2 for a win and abonus point for making the last 8. Scotland get 1/4 of that which is 1.250 points. Thus best case scenario Scotland would have 34.375.

That seems more accurate, i thought it was a bit farfetched. Seems they were only adding on 5 and not dividing by the amount of teams.

5 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

:confused:

Not necessarily true. It may not be for the top leagues in Europe but every other league cares about it due to the amounts of cash involved. 

The higher it is, the more it will benefit the club. Not having to play the dangerous qualifier and receive the huge cash injection from automatically qualifying is massive. The club needs to play in Europe.

I was trolling. Poorly. 

5 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes, if it goes our way and we win 56 next season we have direct access to over £30 million before a ball is kicked. It’s massive.

Indeed, but it's still an 'IF' we win 56 next season.  If they manage to win the title next season it would be them going straight into the group stages, thanks to us. Whilst I'm confident we'll push on and they will still be playing catch up for a while, you just can't guarantee that. So it's a double edged sword. I think if we miss out on 11th spot, we'd both have to navigate the qualifiers and so it could be seen as a wee bit of a safety net should we not win 2iar, if you know what I mean. 

5 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

2 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

I'm just an idiot, i misread what the guy was meaning. We have the potential for 7th next year if we continue to do well.

How are Austria above Holland! 

17 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Indeed, but it's still an 'IF' we win 56 next season.  If they manage to win the title next season it would be them going straight into the group stages, thanks to us. Whilst I'm confident we'll push on and they will still be playing catch up for a while, you just can't guarantee that. So it's a double edged sword. I think if we miss out on 11th spot, we'd both have to navigate the qualifiers and so it could be seen as a wee bit of a safety net should we not win 2iar, if you know what I mean. 

We're in 9th, so surely we cant end up in 11th? Unless Ajax and both the Ukrainian teams win all their games and we lose both of ours?

4 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

How are Austria above Holland! 

Could ask the same about Scotland. 

The Dutch teams must've been doing bad the last few years.  Plus as a club, are we not quite far down the table with missing so many years meaning when we put out that Dutch team it must've put a huge dent in their coefficient? Just guessing? 

Only reason why I can think we're above Belgium too cause it's not like Scottish teams have been doing well recently bar us the last 2 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Could ask the same about Scotland. 

The Dutch teams must've been doing bad the last few years.  Plus as a club, are we not quite far down the table with missing so many years meaning when we put out that Dutch team it must've put a huge dent in their coefficient? Just guessing? 

Only reason why I can think we're above Belgium too cause it's not like Scottish teams have been doing well recently bar us the last 2 seasons. 

I would assume that Ajax have been carrying Holland for quite a while. We've faced both Feyenoord and Willem II recently who weren't great shakes tbh. We are really gonna struggle from next year onwards due to having 5 teams in the competition as all our gained points get divided by 5 rather than 4. Generally it's just us and Celtic that get any meaningful points but hopefully this new Conference tournament will allow Aberdeen and Hibs to actually beat teams in Europe.

1 minute ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

I would assume that Ajax have been carrying Holland for quite a while. We've faced both Feyenoord and Willem II recently who weren't great shakes tbh. We are really gonna struggle from next year onwards due to having 5 teams in the competition as all our gained points get divided by 5 rather than 4. Generally it's just us and Celtic that get any meaningful points but hopefully this new Conference tournament will allow Aberdeen and Hibs to actually beat teams in Europe.

Yeah, true. Will teams that finish 3rd in Europa league drop into this new tournament? Only seems fair since teams dropping out the champions league qualifiers and 3rd in the group stage get dropped in to the Europa.

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I would prefer just individual club rankings rather than country rankings.  Shite that if scum FC win the league next year they get the CL cash despite being absolutely gash in Europe.

It's not guaranteed yet and if we did get these points would it not be next season that this kicks in. Says that it next season that these points come into effect.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It's not guaranteed yet and if we did get these points would it not be next season that this kicks in. Says that it next season that these points come into effect.

Nah, it would be the champions of season 21/22 for the CL going into 22/23.  Next season is already confirmed as far as I understand.  Same applies to Leicester btw.  Shite in Europe but may walk into CL with no qualifiers.  There should at least be more emphasis on individual clubs performances.

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Nah, it would be the champions of season 21/22 for the CL going into 22/23.  Next season is already confirmed as far as I understand.  Same applies to Leicester btw.  Shite in Europe but may walk into CL with no qualifiers.  There should at least be more emphasis on individual clubs performances.

Agreed. We all know this is all about keeping the big 4 as the big 4 though. 

30 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

We're in 9th, so surely we cant end up in 11th? Unless Ajax and both the Ukrainian teams win all their games and we lose both of ours?

We are in 11th mate, by the skin of our teeth. Not sure what you're talking about tbh

Archived