Apex Legends and/or Valheim

Big V

• Big V changed the title to Apex Legends and/or Valheim
1 hour ago, ready1873 said:

Anyone playing Valorant? Wish it would come to consoles 

Was last year. Decent btw and doesn’t need a good PC to run tbh, much like counter strike style of shooting  

• 2 weeks later...

I got Valheim @Big V but I literally need to chuck it on 720p low graphics because I bought a ‘cheap gaming PC’ with a GT 710 in it.

The performance for me is dreadful on nearly everything apart from CS, Valorant & Fall Guys really so I’ll need to upgrade to make this playable. You liking the game?

54 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I got Valheim @Big V but I literally need to chuck it on 720p low graphics because I bought a ‘cheap gaming PC’ with a GT 710 in it.

The performance for me is dreadful on nearly everything apart from CS, Valorant & Fall Guys really so I’ll need to upgrade to make this playable. You liking the game?

Yes it's really good. There is a ton more content to be developed. I think this game has a bright future.

2 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Tried Valorant on my laptop and it passed 3 of the 4 requirements easy but couldn't handle it. Would love to get a gaming pc sometime. Massive aiming help on pc too on all shooting games. 

To be fair, all the cunts you are playing against have the same benefit, so it wont be any easier!

15 hours ago, CR3 said:

What happened to your mate's 1080ti? I'm guessing your mate didn't upgrade to the 3080 because of the ridiculous lack of stock on the 30 series? 

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

What happened to your mate's 1080ti? I'm guessing your mate didn't upgrade to the 3080 because of the ridiculous lack of stock on the 30 series? 

He had paid £600+ for the 3080 and was in a queue system for months, ended up cancelling after being fed up waiting and probably due to a bit of a financial decision aswell. Mental what’s happened to that market due to crypto mining. I’m back to the drawing board in regards to a PC build and was nearly swaying to a series X for 120 frames, as an easy get-out.

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2021 at 18:30, Tak3rNo1 said:

I play Apex on PS4, love the game, i think it's a very great game. Easy to burn out though when you are going hard at it. I'm needing some regular guys to play with.

I play mate. Getting shredded this season though with the skill based matchmaking. Got about 12k kills and 1k wins so feel like I'm constantly playing preds.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/03/2021 at 19:43, ready1873 said:

Massive aiming help on pc too on all shooting games. 

This is quite wrong, the opposite of the reality in fact. Most FPS type games have auto-aim/aim-assist built in for console players (who primarily use controllers).  Most PC games do not have any such thing. The reason for this is that using a keyboard and mouse for to control is vastly vastly better than using a controller - so much so that anyone using a keyboard and mouse has a very distinct advantage versus a console player. 

Many games do not allow "crossplay" [console and PC players playing together] - e.g. console players play together, pc players play together, and never the twain shall meet. This has been that case primarily because of the controller issue. However more and more games are now offering crossplay and most if not all games that now offer crossplay give some aim-assist mechanism to those using a controller to give console players a chance to compete with people using the vastly superior control mechanism of keyboard and mouse.

The one thing that might have formed your incorrect opinion on this is the prevalence of cheaters on PC games. Aimbots, anti-recoil, and wall hacks are all rife within online PC gaming, it's very annoying but a difficult problem to solve. It is one of the reasons why traditionally LAN performances are much more trusted than online tournaments. Having said that there have been numerous instances of people cheating at LAN - including installing cheats onto the onboard memory in their mice (for non-BYOC shenanigans).

Not playing so much Valheim now since I have no one to play with and I have sort of done everything to death on my own.

Still playing quite a bit of Apex Legends if anyone fancies a game.

• 2 months later...