Forget Mols, Boyd & Jelavic - Current Ibrox star is Rangers' best since McCoist

The Dude

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos might still only be 24 years old but the Colombian has already marked his place in Ibrox folklore with his stunning European goals haul for the club – and El Bufalo can be considered as the Gers’ best centre-forward since Ally McCoist was in his pomp.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/forget-mols-boyd-jelavic-current-ibrox-star-is-gers-best-striker-since-mccoist/

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love Alfie, but I don’t think he’s a better player than Jelavic. At times he looks it, but his form’s too patchy. He needs to nail his consistency to be properly considered as the best since McCoist IMO. 

1 minute ago, trueblue 64 said:

Some people start threads just for likes, others start them just for the blue pound.

Well, I'm hardly likely to be inundated with likes and in the seven years of writing/podcasting etc I've yet to ask for a single donation, sold a bit of merch or hidden anything behind a paywall/subscription service so I'm not sure which category I fall into.

One thing that can't be forgotten with Alfie is quality around him or lack of I should say for a part of his Rangers career.

He's certainly got his flaws and his red cards have affected us greatly as well which can't be forgotten but he has carried us for large spells of his time here.

The other players mentioned came into title winning squads or squads capable of winning titles which immediately gave them a platform to be a success. Alfie has never had that until probably this year but is already being talked about in the same level as those players.

Boyd scored more and won more, broke records that we wont see again. Morelos is a much better footballer but Boyd had better numbers and ultimately medals.

In terms of ability Mols trouces them all with ease. Jelavic was also a high level

We have been blessed with fantastic strikers over the years and long may it continue. 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Boyd scored more and won more, broke records that we wont see again. Morelos is a much better footballer but Boyd had better numbers and ultimately medals.

In terms of ability Mols trouces them all with ease. Jelavic was also a high level

We have been blessed with fantastic strikers over the years and long may it continue. 

In my youth big DJ was the man. Maybe didn’t have the ability of someone like Mols but he could score goals 

14 minutes ago, Falkirk Blue said:

It is strange that he is our top european goalscorer of all time but still hasnt scored against celtic which underlines the fact that he is frustratingly inconsistent.  Hes as talented a striker as I have seen for us at his best.

Ah the old child rapist's comfy blanket; aye bit he's no scored against us, he's scored regularly against far better and at a higher level than they cunts.

Morelos is an excellent player, that’s let down but his temperament and his finishing. 

Jelavic was lethal. Mols touch and turn we’re on a different planet. Boyd’s scoring record speaks for itself. Morelos can dominate any defence almost single handedly, but takes 3 good chances to score 1. 

Archived