Rangers FC - Back to Where We Belong

Davy Vandenbroucke

16 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Great video and shows just how far we have come. 

It shows how far we have come, but I think it also shows how deluded (for want of a better word) some of us might have been too.

Our squad, team, club was the drizzling shits for a long time and yet we still had the same expectations that we previously had when we were a top flight club. People coming on here (myself included) raging that we weren’t making cup finals and winning trophies but in reality we had squads that couldn’t beat teams like Hearts and Motherwell and managers who weren’t up to it at all.

Sometimes you can’t see the woods for the trees and I think a lot of us fell into that category during some of the worst times.

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It shows how far we have come, but I think it also shows how deluded (for want of a better word) some of us might have been too.

Our squad, team, club was the drizzling shits for a long time and yet we still had the same expectations that we previously had when we were a top flight club. People coming on here (myself included) raging that we weren’t making cup finals and winning trophies but in reality we had squads that couldn’t beat teams like Hearts and Motherwell and managers who weren’t up to it at all.

Sometimes you can’t see the woods for the trees and I think a lot of us fell into that category during some of the worst times.

Even if it was unrealistic I still think that demand like ‘going for 55’ in our first season back is a good thing. It keeps players, staff and directors on their toes as to what the support expects and what Rangers is all about.

9 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Crazy to think the league could be won this weekend depending on results. 

It feels as if some people haven’t realised this :lol: 

If we win against Livingston on Wednesday night then beat St Mirren on the Saturday, our lead extends to 21 points after 32 games, meaning they HAVE to win on the Sunday against Dundee United to keep their challenge hanging by a thread on goal difference.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

As much as Warburton wasn't the answer at this level, Caixinha's appointment was a dreadful setback. Could have really fucked us. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It feels as if some people haven’t realised this :lol: 

If we win against Livingston on Wednesday night then beat St Mirren on the Saturday, our lead extends to 21 points after 32 games, meaning they HAVE to win on the Sunday against Dundee United to keep their challenge hanging by a thread on goal difference.

This weekend doesn’t suit me, I’m working. I hope they beat Dundee United 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This weekend doesn’t suit me, I’m working. I hope they beat Dundee United 

Brilliant mate. Maybe let the SPL know you're shifts for next season, plus any other commitments. Inconsiderate fannies. :lol: My only wish is that we're on the pitch when we win it, we're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea(of Ibrox) with this one...

26 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Brilliant mate. Maybe let the SPL know you're shifts for next season, plus any other commitments. Inconsiderate fannies. :lol: My only wish is that we're on the pitch when we win it, we're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea(of Ibrox) with this one...

That’s an idea. Could you give me a contact number for them mate 

16 hours ago, bornabear said:

Mixed emotions watching that, the good, bad and ugly.

First two years should have been, and was, easy. Then came the roller coaster years.

Looking forward to part two though, I think it will have a happy ending.

If you're looking for a happy ending, try your local sauna parlour :mutley:

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

As much as Warburton wasn't the answer at this level, Caixinha's appointment was a dreadful setback. Could have really fucked us. 

Still don’t know how Pedro got the job.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Torn on this one. I get that we were in a Bad place but I think the supporters expectations to win every game sets a standard that the players and management need to thrive on.

I have heard Gerrard mention it a lot. I think he identifies with it as a Liverpool legend. 

any player lucky enough to play for Rangers should feel the weight of expectation and rise to the challenge. I think the fans laid down the expectation and accepted that as long as our team gave the best of themselves we couldn’t ask for more.

That’s why we appreciate players who gave their all for the jersey but just weren’t good enough over those that are good enough but don’t put in the blood sweat and tears. 

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

Crazy to think the league could be won this weekend depending on results. 

Was going to ask that , i was never any good at Maths , if Rangers win against Livingston and St Mirren , and the Bheasts drop points at Tannadice , could Rangers win the League on Sunday ?

13 minutes ago, Angus1965 said:

Was going to ask that , i was never any good at Maths , if Rangers win against Livingston and St Mirren , and the Bheasts drop points at Tannadice , could Rangers win the League on Sunday ?

That's it mate. Win our next 2 and the scum fail to win on Sunday we are champions. 

32 minutes ago, Angus1965 said:

That's exactly it mate, your maths isn't that bad ! 

1 hour ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Aye a was a bit the same hoping the sheep would nick a point at the weekend there, I say i'd rather it was us on the park but In all honesty I'll be that delighted (and pished) when it happens I'll probably let it slide :lol:

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Aye a was a bit the same hoping the sheep would nick a point at the weekend there, I say i'd rather it was us on the park but In all honesty I'll be that delighted (and pished) when it happens I'll probably let it slide :lol:

Was hoping that too. No chance however. Aberdeen are rank just now. They've sold Wright to us, put Bruce Anderson out on loan to Accies, and sold Cosgrove. Replaced with Kamberi, Hendry and Hornby, all decent enough players(for them), one goal between the three of them. They're the lowest scoring team in the league this year, and a baw hair from being the worst based on form over the last 2 months. To think that we even had Mcinnes in our thoughts. For clarity, I never did. Wee beardy tramp. Sorry I've went off course a bit here but a good opportunity to get intae the sheep should never be missed.  

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I've been guilty of it myself moaning about lack of silverware. 

Looking back when we were coming up the leagues it was delusional to expect league cups or Scottish cups when we couldn't even win the petrofac cup until our 2nd season in the championship. 

Once we got back in the top flight the expectations were always going to go up. We all knew even if we didn't want to admit it, that the league would take time.

We set ourselves back but with appointments like pedro and that took more time to fix the mess he left. 

Once this league is secure and our sqaud get that first taste of silverware. I think many more trophies will be on the way.

Archived