Lundstram

lerxst

John Lunstram. Hope the rumours of Rangers looking at him are false , watching him against Liverpool and he is nowhere good enough . a yard off the pace and not very mobile . Offers nothing and just would not get in the team.

25 minutes ago, lerxst said:

John Lunstram. Hope the rumours of Rangers looking at him are false , watching him against Liverpool and he is nowhere good enough . a yard off the pace and not very mobile . Offers nothing and just would not get in the team.

i have seen him a lot you cannot judge him on tnite there are no liverpools in scotland and sheffield are devoid of confidence at the moment technically he does not have the ball skills of jack davis kamara but he is big strong and a powerful runner sometimes you need a mix and if the money was right he could do a turn

I don’t think you can judge a player on one game. Plenty of our players have had poor games this season, and it doesn’t make them bad players. Lundstram has a solid reputation and I’m sure if we are genuinely interested he’ll have been extensively scouted. We need to be alive to replacing ageing players like Davis, while being ready to replace players who might go if unexpected bids come in like Aribo or Kamara. I have no doubt we are looking at plenty of players coming to the end of contracts and for fees and can react as necessary. The worst thing we can do after a season like this is sit back. We need to keep improving. 

Aye cos that’s how transfers work looking at one player in an elite league for a struggling team in one match.

Wait til the op @lerxstfinds out we’ve signed 2 free transfers from Bournemouth who’ve hardly kicked a ball.

I take the OP also saw Balogun or Helander before this season. 

Players previous form are irrelevant until they can actually show what they can do in the SPFL. 

i think he’d be a decent addition to the squad seeing as Davis isn’t getting any younger and Aribo and Kamara will probably be away in the next 18 months 

2 hours ago, billscott said:

i have seen him a lot you cannot judge him on tnite there are no liverpools in scotland and sheffield are devoid of confidence at the moment technically he does not have the ball skills of jack davis kamara but he is big strong and a powerful runner sometimes you need a mix and if the money was right he could do a turn

Not just tonight obviously , big and strong has nothing to do with a good midfield footballer and could rattle of a dozen big strong players who were no good on the ball

I'll back the boss on this one. Gerrard's record has been reasonable to date, yes, albeit one or two who will never make the grade and be moved on. EPL is a mixed bag of good, bad and ugly. There are many decent players down there, often not utilised properly, playing in teams hell bent on giving game time to the over priced prima donna's shifted into Disneyworld by their agents. As I say, for now, in Gerrard we trust.   

22 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Aye cos that’s how transfers work looking at one player in an elite league for a struggling team in one match.

Wait til the op @lerxstfinds out we’ve signed 2 free transfers from Bournemouth who’ve hardly kicked a ball.

I take the OP also saw Balogun or Helander before this season. 

Players previous form are irrelevant until they can actually show what they can do in the SPFL. 

i think he’d be a decent addition to the squad seeing as Davis isn’t getting any younger and Aribo and Kamara will probably be away in the next 18 months 

A replacement for Davis? He's a completely different midfielder. 

24 minutes ago, Broxi said:

OP might be basing it on one game but every SUFC fan I've seen have been slating him all season

He has wanted away though. Head turned and performances dripped. Happens all the time. Previously he has been excellent for them.

As others say I think our interest cooled in him but if we did go in for him I've every faith in our management team getting getting very best out of him.

Didn't he have a decent season last year which is why the interest came about, he's known he'd be leaving the blades for a while so wouldn't judge him too much on current form.

Not my cuppa tea tbh prefer midfielders to be a bit smaller and nimble then again we do need some more height in there.

Archived