10 years since we won our flag

eejay the dj

Thought i would post this brilliant tribute for our footballing legend Sandy Jardine .

And all our other players and fans, that aren't around now to witness us winning our 55 league championship . 10 years since we last won our last league at Rugby Park . All the pain is now over . We can hope our legends in the sky . Sandy , Coop and the rest will be looking down with a smile. :cup:

I was 46 back in 2011 , thought it would be an idea for bears to post their age in any comments , the day we won our last league title before this beautiful season .

Life is short bears, but at times like this , so worthwhile :bow:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was 54, working on my daughter’s flat in Aberdeen, stopped lunchtime to watch the game in the Rosemount Bar (now gone) which was full of sheep supporters hoping we’d fall on our faces.

By the time the third went in, they’d gone from bitter to resigned and most had either stopped watching or left the pub before halftime. Hard to keep the smile off my face at these sad bastards chuntering away behind me :lol:

If you’d told me then that we would have to wait this long, I would not have believed you. Fucking disgrace what happened but we’re back and staying back

:UK:

Always remember the first game back against East Fife on a sunny night at Ibrox after all the admin and court cases etc. Must have been a near sell out that night and Sandy Jardine came on the Microphone and addressed the fans. Had a lump in my throat then and thinking how he will be looking down on all of this with a smile brings a lot of joy.

Back in 2011, when we won our last top title at Kilmarnock, I was  46 years old, but I can guarantee anyone, that when we finally clinch our 55th, I will be running about and behaving like I am 16 again ... canny wait 🇬🇧🍾🇬🇧🥳🇬🇧

39 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Was 54, working on my daughter’s flat in Aberdeen, stopped lunchtime to watch the game in the Rosemount Bar (now gone) which was full of sheep supporters hoping we’d fall on our faces.

By the time the third went in, they’d gone from bitter to resigned and most had either stopped watching or left the pub before halftime. Hard to keep the smile off my face at these sad bastards chuntering away behind me :lol:

If you’d told me then that we would have to wait this long, I would not have believed you. Fucking disgrace what happened but we’re back and staying back

:UK:

Lived on Northfield Place just round the corner from that place! Some decent wee boozers round Rosemont.

8 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Lived on Northfield Place just round the corner from that place! Some decent wee boozers round Rosemont.

👍

Was it The Queen Vic on the main road? Saw a couple of games in there too. Best part of town as you’re only ten minutes from Union Street.

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

👍

Was it The Queen Vic on the main road? Saw a couple of games in there too. Best part of town as you’re only ten minutes from Union Street.

Only really 5 mins walk from the top of Union St. Aye Queen Vic was a nice wee place for the football. As you say tho, not a lot of love for the bears in most pubs up there.

Was 47, out in Prague where I was supposed to be representing our software company at a conference. 

All our partners were  sitting round a table by the river, the day of the game. The tradition was for us to entertain them all through dinner and drinks etc.

I made sure they had a round of drinks in front of them, told the CEO that he'd have to host them all for a bit as I wanted to check if there was a bar I could "check the score" - got to a sports bar at the 5 minute mark, then never went back.. :lol:

Got blitzed throughout the game, it was just a goal-fest - we just seemed unstoppable that day, scoring some great goals (especially big Jela's free kick for number 4) - I stayed till close celebrating with random new Czech 'pals' and then weaved my way into a random curry house for a balti and a bottle of wine. Very messy but it was fucking fantastic.

Had obviously no idea what was about to unfold, so glad I went berserk... 

23 and I was in the louden watching it. It was one big party throughout. I also remember having 4-0 on with lafferty first scorer then we scored 5 lol. 

I then went to the stadium afterwards to see the trophy being taking around the stadium. 

At that time never thought we would have to wait so long again. 

This title is going to be the sweetest in my lifetime. I can't wait. 

I was 21, working a shite job at the time for beer tokens and it was quiet, so I got to head off early and meet my mates to go in to Ibrox. The train from Hamilton Central in was bouncing with bears and it was just chorus after chorus of Rangers tunes. 

It feels like a lifetime ago after what we've been through. I still can't believe we're about to be champions again.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Thought i would post this brilliant tribute for our footballing legend Sandy Jardine .

And all our other players and fans, that aren't around now to witness us winning our 55 league championship . 10 years since we last won our last league at Rugby Park . All the pain is now over . We can hope our legends in the sky . Sandy , Coop and the rest will be looking down with a smile. :cup:

I was 46 back in 2011 , thought it would be an idea for bears to post their age in any comments , the day we won our last league title before this beautiful season .

Life is short bears, but at times like this , so worthwhile :bow:

Funny you should mention about age, it was my birthday that day at Kilmarnock, 15 may 2011, I turned 32 on the day and remember it being the best birthday ever, this season we do it again and I can't wait 🥳🥳 #55

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Funny you should mention about age, it was my birthday that day at Kilmarnock, 15 may 2011, I turned 32 on the day and remember it being the best birthday ever, this season we do it again and I can't wait 🥳🥳 #55

Good to reflect mate .In some of the older guys like myself, perhaps our mortality .With all the things that have happened these past 10 years 👍

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good to reflect mate .In some of the older guys like myself, perhaps our mortality .With all the things that have happened these past 10 years 👍

Just following on from that day, me and my father, we went to most of the games on the way back up, my father passed in May 2019, so it's going to be an emotional day for me in more ways than one when we finally do it. 

15 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Just following on from that day, me and my father, we went to most of the games on the way back up, my father passed in May 2019, so it's going to be an emotional day for me in more ways than one when we finally do it. 

Sad mate .That’s what I was meaning .So many of our lives have changed since that day at Rugby park .I’m sure he will be looking down at you mate .That is what I always think about my Dad 

I even think helicopter Sunday 2 in 2005was down to him 🙏😄

21 - came home from Uni to watch it with my Dad. I can remember a few things from the day so vividly, I remember us both sliding on our knees in the front room when the third went in and the dog going absolutely mental wondering what the hell was going on. I also flung some union jacks out the back windows at the end of the game. Can also remember the guy who dressed up as Walter Smith, face mask and all, that still cracks me up to this day. 

Because of Covid and distance, there is chance I might not be able to be with my Dad to watch whichever game is 55 and I'm gutted about it. Whenever it happens though I'm going to be an emotional mess - the journey has been torture at points but this will be the sweetest title of them all for me. 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sad mate .That’s what I was meaning .So many of our lives have changed since that day at Rugby park .I’m sure he will be looking down at you mate .That is what I always think about my Dad 

I even think helicopter Sunday 2 in 2005was down to him 🙏😄

Helicopter Sunday 🤣 we've sure had some winning day's compared to the scum, when it's tight we always seem to come through.

2 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Always remember the first game back against East Fife on a sunny night at Ibrox after all the admin and court cases etc. Must have been a near sell out that night and Sandy Jardine came on the Microphone and addressed the fans. Had a lump in my throat then and thinking how he will be looking down on all of this with a smile brings a lot of joy.

Took my wee brother to his first game that night, was surreal. 

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Helicopter Sunday 🤣 we've sure had some winning day's compared to the scum, when it's tight we always seem to come through.

4-0 on incredible days like that mate 

2003/2005/2009 and 2011

Outstanding memories .Now let’s go and make new ones .

25 I woulda been that day.

Got home end tickets and travelled down with the doublet loyal.

We were wrecked and when we got in the ground my mate said to me to keep calm don't go mental if we score. 30 odd seconds later I was going tonto and it was bedlam.

Met a lot of the boys I knew in the home end that day and it was bouncing.

We then went back to the doublet pub, everyone was singing and dancing on the tables and the pub had hired a singer and band to play that night. Sadly for them they were a normal band and not a flute band and they just said over the mic "I don't think we are going to be able to play, enjoy yer night"

Was some day.

Archived