10 years since we won our flag

eejay the dj

Was 25 and full of optimism. Little did I know what was about to unfold but that day we won the league was brilliant. Was before I had a season ticket and me and the auld boy watched it in the masonic. One of those moments war your da you don't realise is special at the time. 

Great post. Typing this after reading some of the stories with the song from the video playing in the background is a wee tad emotional and signifies the magnitude of the upcoming 55. This title has truly been 10 years in the making and once the dust is settled, we will look back on this one and realise it was one of the most important in our history.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I was 30 and I watched the game at sea with about 40-50 other bears packed into the Jr ratings aboard HMS Dragon. 

What a fucking day that was, etched into my memory til the day they plant me. 👍

Have pictures of that somewhere from when it was getting fitted out.

Edit: Just looked up on Wiki it must have been when it was being initially built.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Was 25 and full of optimism. Little did I know what was about to unfold but that day we won the league was brilliant. Was before I had a season ticket and me and the auld boy watched it in the masonic. One of those moments war your da you don't realise is special at the time. 

Great post. Typing this after reading some of the stories with the song from the video playing in the background is a wee tad emotional and signifies the magnitude of the upcoming 55. This title has truly been 10 years in the making and once the dust is settled, we will look back on this one and realise it was one of the most important in our history.

That’s a great post to be fair Malky👍

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

I was 12 :lol:

Jesus I thought that was your present age Bronzy 😀only kidding 

So you really haven’t seen that much of our mind blowing glorious title wins .Well I’m happy for all the young bears more that anybody .😄

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jesus I thought that was your present age Bronzy 😀only kidding 

So you really haven’t seen that much of our mind blowing glorious title wins .Well I’m happy for all the young bears more that anybody .😄

Thankfully I was aware enough at that age to appreciate almost all of Walter’s second spell, this past decade must have been even more hellish for those only slightly younger than me though, they’ve basically grown up for the majority of their childhood watching piss-poor Rangers sides and a complete lack of proper trophies.

Genuinely think I’m just as buzzing for them as I am for myself about this title win.

My first game was in 1963 at Ibrox when I was 9 v Dunfermline. Don't remember if we won the title that year or not but we have won many since. 

This one will be very special after the last decade. Just hope that my liver can take the celebrations. My wife doubts it. House is full of booze.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Have pictures of that somewhere from when it was getting fitted out.

Edit: Just looked up on Wiki it must have been when it was being initially built.

I was on her during the build from just after launch right up to sea trials in one of the spark squads. 👍

2 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I was on her during the build from just after launch right up to sea trials in one of the spark squads. 👍

Aye my Dad used to work in the yards back in the 60s / 70s and is obsessed so whenever he's back in Scotland it's always take a trip down to Braehead and take a picture of anything that was getting built or fitted at the time :lol: 

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Thought i would post this brilliant tribute for our footballing legend Sandy Jardine .

And all our other players and fans, that aren't around now to witness us winning our 55 league championship . 10 years since we last won our last league at Rugby Park . All the pain is now over . We can hope our legends in the sky . Sandy , Coop and the rest will be looking down with a smile. :cup:

I was 46 back in 2011 , thought it would be an idea for bears to post their age in any comments , the day we won our last league title before this beautiful season .

Life is short bears, but at times like this , so worthwhile :bow:

Cheers eejay.
That's the stuff that gets me emotional.
Have never cried at any defeat.
Have wept tears of joy a few times.
Seeing that makes me happy i have a million memories and Sandy Jardine and Davie Cooper feature in a good few.
The one day that will live with me forever was 1999 at the piggery.
I was 48 and my son who was 16 had got me a last minute ticket,and on the way back to the bus i started thinking about the people i had lost in lifes journey,and how lucky i was to witness days like that.
Tend not to reminisce too much,and just enjoy the here and now.
BUT!!!!what is coming is something special,and it is only Rangers supporters who could've stood strong in the face of what happened.
Tend to think the more that they threw at us the stronger we became.
Give yourselves a round of applause some time soon.
Cheers again eejay.:UK:

i was 68 bought a ticket in the main stand beside the killie season ticket holders most of whom left after 10 mins the stand was full of gers fans   seen it all over the years but that first 7 mins was unbelievable as cammy would say

who would have thought at the time that 10 yrs later we would not have won another title  it is going to be very sweet soon and very emotional for me

I was 25 I had to get the train to Rugby Park myself for various reasons that day.

The train on the way home was bouncing. On that train I met a girl who is now my wife!

We have a wee boy who’ll be 8 next month. A great day I’ll never forget for more than one reason.

When I set off that day I had a girlfriend and me and my wife think we put a 10 year curse on Rangers for my misdemeanours.

Cant wait til we wrap this up and have the party of all time.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I was 25 I had to get the train to Rugby Park myself for various reasons that day.

The train on the way home was bouncing. On that train I met a girl who is now my wife!

We have a wee boy who’ll be 8 next month. A great day I’ll never forget for more than one reason.

When I set off that day I had a girlfriend and me and my wife think we put a 10 year curse on Rangers for my misdemeanours.

Cant wait til we wrap this up and have the party of all time.

what a lovely story  good luck to you and the family

34 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Cheers eejay.
That's the stuff that gets me emotional.
Have never cried at any defeat.
Have wept tears of joy a few times.
Seeing that makes me happy i have a million memories and Sandy Jardine and Davie Cooper feature in a good few.
The one day that will live with me forever was 1999 at the piggery.
I was 48 and my son who was 16 had got me a last minute ticket,and on the way back to the bus i started thinking about the people i had lost in lifes journey,and how lucky i was to witness days like that.
Tend not to reminisce too much,and just enjoy the here and now.
BUT!!!!what is coming is something special,and it is only Rangers supporters who could've stood strong in the face of what happened.
Tend to think the more that they threw at us the stronger we became.
Give yourselves a round of applause some time soon.
Cheers again eejay.:UK:

Naw thank you for a brilliant reply Scotty

Never forget 99 either mate .It really gutted them .It really will kill them if we win it there again .That is what I would love tbh.And this will probably mean we have to draw one of our next 2 games though .As I see them drawing or losing next Saturday 

Archived