10 years since we won our flag

eejay the dj

29 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I was 25 I had to get the train to Rugby Park myself for various reasons that day.

The train on the way home was bouncing. On that train I met a girl who is now my wife!

We have a wee boy who’ll be 8 next month. A great day I’ll never forget for more than one reason.

When I set off that day I had a girlfriend and me and my wife think we put a 10 year curse on Rangers for my misdemeanours.

Cant wait til we wrap this up and have the party of all time.

That's brilliant lad. Surely you named the wee man Kyle? 😜

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I was born in 55, last time we won the title, I was 55, now we are winning 55. 
All is good with the world now. 👍🇬🇧

I always thought you were a young witty guy. Now I realise youre a bit more mature I can see it's "Hadron" collider and not "Hard-on" Collider. 

My bad.

Mad to think the amount of posters on here who have probably passed each other at various grounds and events.

Would be good to get a massive lockdown zoom event and do a big Rangers quiz or something. Could make some money for Erskine too and get to put some faces to names.

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mad to think the amount of posters on here who have probably passed each other at various grounds and events.

Would be good to get a massive lockdown zoom event and do a big Rangers quiz or something. Could make some money for Erskine too and get to put some faces to names.

Stealth “I’m a stalking bastard” post imo.

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Naw thank you for a brilliant reply Scotty

Never forget 99 either mate .It really gutted them .It really will kill them if we win it there again .That is what I would love tbh.And this will probably mean we have to draw one of our next 2 games though .As I see them drawing or losing next Saturday 

Posted on the Livi thread that should we win our next 2 matches that i honestly think they will change a lot of their team for Dundee,and will quite happily accept a draw/loss eejay.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I was 25 I had to get the train to Rugby Park myself for various reasons that day.

The train on the way home was bouncing. On that train I met a girl who is now my wife!

We have a wee boy who’ll be 8 next month. A great day I’ll never forget for more than one reason.

When I set off that day I had a girlfriend and me and my wife think we put a 10 year curse on Rangers for my misdemeanours.

Cant wait til we wrap this up and have the party of all time.

Loved that story mate.
It kind of reminds me that sometimes good can emerge from shite things that happen to us in life.
Hope the 3 of you have the best of times to come.

61 in 2011. The league brought a ray of sunshine into an otherwise shite year for me. Pensioned off on medical grounds due to an industrial injury in 2010, diagnosed with bladder cancer: I have spent the last ten years hoping I could hang on for the next league win - only a couple of weeks to go!

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate if you want to stalk fellow posters a good place to start is the post a recent picture of yourself thread in the OT 😉

Some right handsome bastards In there. 

16 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

61 in 2011. The league brought a ray of sunshine into an otherwise shite year for me. Pensioned off on medical grounds due to an industrial injury in 2010, diagnosed with bladder cancer: I have spent the last ten years hoping I could hang on for the next league win - only a couple of weeks to go!

You all clear mate? 

47. Watched at pals House with the boys. His son went upstairs for a shower and missed first 2 goals. After the match went round to another pals who had turned his garage into a Rangers themed drinking den/bar. 

Great day.

I was 38. Went to the music room in Larkhall and after we won there was free champagne and then the whole of Larkhall Main Street was closed off so that all is bears could do the bouncy on the main road!! It will be some party here when we are eventually confirmed as champions 🔴🔵

23 years young. 

Got bus from Wishy and 2 boys spued and missed the game. 2 years laters was married, house and kids and the football days were a thing of the past. 

I'd give my left nut to go back to that time and do it all again. 

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Corky mate .Very happy for you Bud .Ffs you deserve something to lift you after all that 👍

Was 50. Sitting in the house with the Mrs and the kids. Who knew the shitshow that was just around the corner...

Fuck me, reading this thread, for me is emotional. Without doubt this will be our greatest ever title. You look at the comments and how much the Club means to us all - amazing. 
A remarkable Club and an inspiring support 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

No long turned 20,me and 2 mates had the cracking idea of going into PRW early doors and trying to get into a pub to watch it, fair to say it never happened as everywhere was absolutely mobbed, can always remember walking up the street hearing one roar then going off our nut. Then 2 more not long after the first thinking Motherwell must have scored at the piggery and we got another, had no idea we were 3 up until one of us managed to get it on the radio on the phone. Ended up sitting up a close next to the Spar just up from the subway with some cargo drinking it all in. 

Within 20 minutes of the FT whistle outside the stadium was packed with people turning up waiting on the bus coming back from Rugby Park, absolutely surreal day, got back to Coatbridge about 6 that night and and the town was in uproar with fireworks going off for what seemed like hours. 

Nothing will ever top this upcoming championship though imo. 

Watched it with my Dad and was secretly guzzling straight vodka from a litre bottle stashed in my room. 

Vowed to myself I would only slug from it after we scored. So 15 minutes in im half pissed and and singing along with the lucky Bears at Rugby Park. 

By halftime ive made arrangements with a few mates to meet up at Ibrox and got my Dad to drop me off. He was shaking his head as I jumped out the car on PRW to go in for more swallay. 

Decanted a bottle of buckie into a 2ltr coke bottle and topped it up with more vodie. Met my mates and then the rest gets a bit blurry after that. But can remember that cunt White walking past taking credit. Got home on the Tuesday and was still wanting to keep the party going. 

Then everything went tits up in the coming months and years as we endured so many kicks and setbacks. 

This Flag winning I will be very emotional when its confirmed. But delighted I will be able to saviour it sober and my wee village will be my wee part of Glasgow and Ibrox for a few weeks. Bunting Flags and Fireworks. Even have RFC CHAMPIONS 55 wheelie bin stickers to put on when its done. 

Never gave up supporting my Team and so Proud of all of us for everything we took. And this reward is only the beginning. 

16 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

FFS, whit a day you had! You don't hold back, do you bud?... I'll bet the wife is just glad that COVID has stopped you being able to go to The Piggery! :lol: 

Archived