Looks like the Scottish Cup is back on for 20/21, plus leagues one and two.                                                                                                                                                                                                            Highland League teams to be allowed to compete in the Scottish Cup.

Announcement later today apparently.  

SPL, SC, EL in the cabinet by the end of May!  

Also senior women's football, may need to build a new trophy cabinet... 

Mafeking St. likes this
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to hear.

Worst post I've ever seen Fucking hell

Imagine we won the league and Scottish Cup at their place this season

Posted Images

Cramming the SC in before the end of May could be a disaster for us .We are still in Europe .Remember the last time we had a good run .

Its going to take about a month to get the lower leagues restarted so it’s unlikely any cup matches until the end of the month at least ,4 rounds before a late May final .

AGC123 likes this
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Cramming the SC in before the end of May could be a disaster for us .We are still in Europe .Remember the last time we had a good run .

Its going to take about a month to get the lower leagues restarted so it’s unlikely any cup matches until the end of the month at least ,4 rounds before a late May final .

Cant disagree with that. I'm sure the authorities here have given any potential European run consideration, aye right! Saving grace perhaps if we can wrap up the title in the next week or so, allows us to limit key player exposure to the remaining SPFL games.

4 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Cant disagree with that. I'm sure the authorities here have given any potential European run consideration, aye right! Saving grace perhaps if we can wrap up the title in the next week or so, allows us to limit key player exposure to the remaining SPFL games.

That’s a possibility but also reduces our chances of breaking any records in the league .

Suspicious paranoid loyal 😁

BlueHatBlueDay likes this
2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im from East Kilbride, you might be thinking of me.

I'm from the Hairmyres end of Easter Kinkell. I'm just playing with him, didn't appreciate his tone, confirmed in the follow up post. Hook, line and sinker....:lol:  

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

That’s why I don’t think there should be a clamour to get the SC finished .There was no problem playing last seasons into this season .

Perhaps they'll pick it up beginning of next season in that case, good point.

22 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Think the Lower League clubs are aiming to get back playing in a fortnight

magic8ball likes this
24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

That’s why I don’t think there should be a clamour to get the SC finished .There was no problem playing last seasons into this season .

Excellent point mate and I'm sure if the SFA wanted to we could get it done. 

However we all know that's not going to happen. Get the league wrapped up and then we can focus on Scottish cup. 

magic8ball likes this
26 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Far more fixtures to be completed than last season. Much easier to schedule four games over two rounds than it is to schedule more than 30 games over six rounds.

magic8ball likes this

Really should be playing the Scottish cup round 3 ties on 13/14th March. I appreciate it's unfair on lower league clubs but it's a pandemic, the competition is already behind and I believe R2 ties not finished either. Worst case they should be played on that day alongside any R3 ones that can go ahead.

Had we to advance to the next stage and draw a lower league side I wouldn't be against playing that tie at the end of March during the International break. Know it would never happen but we could still put out a decent side.

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Simpson, Bassey*, Barjonas, Arfield, Stewart, Kent, Defoe and Wright

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Really should be playing the Scottish cup round 3 ties on 13/14th March. I appreciate it's unfair on lower league clubs but it's a pandemic and competition is already behind and still believe R2 ties not finished. Worst case they should be played on that day alongside any R3 ones that can go ahead.

Had we to advance to the next stage and draw a lower league side I wouldn't be against playing that tie at the end of March during the International break. Know it would never happen but we could still put out a decent side.

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Simpson, Bassey*, Barjonas, Arfield, Stewart, Kent, Defoe and Wright

Tav Goldson and Kent will be away with England mate.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Little surprised they are going ahead with this but more than happy.

Will we see another 2008 fiasco when we get to the Europa final and SC final?

Last time we were still competing for the league on top of everything else.

We could have the league wrapped up this weekend if results go our way. 

If we progress in Europe and the SC we can afford to rotate in league games to keep players fresh. 

12 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Winning the Europa League 🤣 aye ok mate.

Be in touch morning of May 27th!  Joking aside, the bookies rarely get the odds wrong and we'll probably be 7th favourite should we get to the last 8. That said, I'll dream on.