Treble Back On!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Far more fixtures to be completed than last season. Much easier to schedule four games over two rounds than it is to schedule more than 30 games over six rounds.

Play it down to the semi finals then .Quarter finals played on the scheduled cup final weekend .

Friday ,Saturday ,Sunday and Monday 

or 

2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday .

Then have paying fans at the semis and final in Autumn .

21 hours ago, magic8ball said:

That’s why I don’t think there should be a clamour to get the SC finished .There was no problem playing last seasons into this season .

This season the SC will have to be completed before the qualifying rounds of the EL as the cup winners go into that. The third and 4th in the league go into the new Euro competition IIRC. Maybe The Dude could confirm

Doesn’t  the Scottish cup have to be completed by early May this year . Think hampden is getting work done before the euros . Leaves them pretty much 2 months to cram in more or less a full tournament . 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Doesn’t  the Scottish cup have to be completed by early May this year . Think hampden is getting work done before the euros . Leaves them pretty much 2 months to cram in more or less a full tournament . 

Surely the semis/ final could be at a neutral venue like when lawell demanded the final be at the piggery only for them to get papped out.

24 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

This season the SC will have to be completed before the qualifying rounds of the EL as the cp winners go into that. the third and 4th in the league go into the new Euro competition IIRC. Maybe The Dude could confirm

It wouldn’t have to ,The chat even at the weekend was 4th being good enough if the cup wasn’t completed .

Just like last year when the place for winning the cup was allocated to league placings .

Just like if we won the cup and beat the Taigs in the final or vice versa the Conference league place would go to 4th in the league .

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Cramming the SC in before the end of May could be a disaster for us .We are still in Europe .Remember the last time we had a good run .

Its going to take about a month to get the lower leagues restarted so it’s unlikely any cup matches until the end of the month at least ,4 rounds before a late May final .

Play the 2nd team/young lads in the s/c if we’re still in the Europa!!

15 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate. Why would we play a weakened team and possibly let the taigs get the cup. Not on my fucking watch!  👍🇬🇧

Going to be a tricky one if we advance in Europe.  Play the kids in the League and go strong in both cups? Stay strong in the league and try and win every remaining game?  Play it on a game by game basis?  

I think we now have sufficient strength in depth to cope.  Confident SG and the backroom boys can manage this. 

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Murrayfield then.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Going to be a tricky one if we advance in Europe.  Play the kids in the League and go strong in both cups? Stay strong in the league and try and win every remaining game?  Play it on a game by game basis?  

I think we now have sufficient strength in depth to cope.  Confident SG and the backroom boys can manage this. 

I get what you’re saying mate. No fucking way though am I happy to play a second team and end up with the tarriers getting a trophy. They’ve done enough shouting from the rooftops! 

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Cramming the SC in before the end of May could be a disaster for us .We are still in Europe .Remember the last time we had a good run .

Its going to take about a month to get the lower leagues restarted so it’s unlikely any cup matches until the end of the month at least ,4 rounds before a late May final .

If that was the card they were gonna play then I’d just be playing the young team in the SC.

I really couldn't give a Monkeys about the Cups.

It feels right St Johnstone won that the other night.

What do they really mean? Sod all. Let a team win it that it means something to.

I'd play the reserves in any cup competition.

21 minutes ago, LucyBlue said:

I really couldn't give a Monkeys about the Cups.

It feels right St Johnstone won that the other night.

What do they really mean? Sod all. Let a team win it that it means something to.

I'd play the reserves in any cup competition.

Jesus fuck.

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jesus fuck.

I'm kinda with her on that one. The league and Europe is the main goal for me now. If we win the cups then its a nice wee bonus bit give me a good european run over the cups any day. 

Archived