Treble Back On!

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm kinda with her on that one. The league and Europe is the main goal for me now. If we win the cups then its a nice wee bonus bit give me a good european run over the cups any day. 

Won't ever get that myself tbh. Find it baffling.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really odd opinions on cups in here. We’re a big club off the back of winning trophies, it’s what we do. Dismissing them as pointless when we haven’t won one in 10 years just smacks of accepting we’re no longer a big club IMO. 

No point thinking take Europe or cups over one another.  The fact is we need to push as far as we can in every competition.  Fans (including myself) sometimes think otherwise but the fact is we are all raging when we lose any game no matter who it is or what the circumstances.

Europe is absolutely vital though, if we don’t do well there then there’s a lack of funds to finance doing well in the other competitions.  

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

I'm kinda with her on that one. The league and Europe is the main goal for me now. If we win the cups then its a nice wee bonus bit give me a good european run over the cups any day. 

Benfica on a Thursday or Falkirk on a Sunday .

Cups are great to win ,finals are always a good day .But with the way finance is these days I would far rather win the league and have a euro run to allow us to stay as strong as possible .

That way the cups will happen too .

7 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate. Why would we play a weakened team and possibly let the taigs get the cup. Not on my fucking watch!  👍🇬🇧

Europa or Scottish cup? If it came to it what would you prefer? Mate the taigs are winning fuck all for years 🤣🤣🤣

The league is no doubt the be all and end all this season in particular and we should always be ambitious in Europe 

But as a club we’ve always taken every trophy seriously and some of our best moments have come in the  cup competitions. Each to their own but it doesn’t seem like Rangers to just totally dismiss a trophy 

11 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

I really couldn't give a Monkeys about the Cups.

It feels right St Johnstone won that the other night.

What do they really mean? Sod all. Let a team win it that it means something to.

I'd play the reserves in any cup competition.

Worst post I've ever seen

Fucking hell

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Worst post I've ever seen

Fucking hell

Everything we play for has a cup at the end of it so essentially she doesn’t give a monkeys about anything. Would question if she was a real Rangers fan tbh

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Everything we play for has a cup at the end of it so essentially she doesn’t give a monkeys about anything. Would question if she was a real Rangers fan tbh

Obviously wasn't bothered after the Hibs game and didn't really celebrate the St Mirren game with 9 men.

11 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

I really couldn't give a Monkeys about the Cups.

It feels right St Johnstone won that the other night.

What do they really mean? Sod all. Let a team win it that it means something to.

I'd play the reserves in any cup competition.

There have been numerous honkin opinions from you on here over the years, but this one is probably the worst I have ever read. 

11 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Play the reserves if still in Europe imo.

Break that news to the first team! We should be going with the strongest squad possible for all tournaments/cups. The question I'd pose would be assuming we have the league done and dusted by end of March, this weekend would be better, do we sacrifice setting possible points, goals against and clean sheets records for this years campaign, by giving the core first team limited and managed  exposure in the remaining league fixtures. Trophies in the cabinet, imo, trump goals and clean sheets. Those red, white and blue ribbons, adorning the oldest national football trophy in the world have been sorely missed. 

I'd point out that should we be crowned champions this weekend, as far as I'm aware, this will be the earliest the SPL, or old division one, has been called. We currently hold that record anyway.     

1 hour ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Break that news to the first team! We should be going with the strongest squad possible for all tournaments/cups. The question I'd pose would be assuming we have the league done and dusted by end of March, this weekend would be better, do we sacrifice setting possible points, goals against and clean sheets records for this years campaign, by giving the core first team limited and managed  exposure in the remaining league fixtures. Trophies in the cabinet, imo, trump goals and clean sheets. Those red, white and blue ribbons, adorning the oldest national football trophy in the world have been sorely missed. 

I'd point out that should we be crowned champions this weekend, as far as I'm aware, this will be the earliest the SPL, or old division one, has been called. We currently hold that record anyway.     

Do you think the first team players would rather go further in Europe or win the Scottish Cup? I know the obvious answer is both, but I'm sure I know which they'd prefer. Listen, I want to win absolutely everything we can this season. Financially though, going as far as we possibly can in Europe this season will limit our losses and reduce the £23m or so we will need. My suggestion was also to play the reserves in the Cup, rather than the league. Again, I want as many records as we can throw a stick at. I just think that, in the earlier ties, if the quality of opposition allows it, play the reserves. 

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Do you think the first team players would rather go further in Europe or win the Scottish Cup? I know the obvious answer is both, but I'm sure I know which they'd prefer. Listen, I want to win absolutely everything we can this season. Financially though, going as far as we possibly can in Europe this season will limit our losses and reduce the £23m or so we will need. My suggestion was also to play the reserves in the Cup, rather than the league. Again, I want as many records as we can throw a stick at. I just think that, in the earlier ties, if the quality of opposition allows it, play the reserves. 

Aye, hopefully horses for courses with team selection. I think we're all desperate to fill our boots over the next couple of months or so. Be nice to have everything. 

Archived