12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He said himself his ambition was to play for an EPL side. If an Everton or West Ham came in for him right now and were offering money we would accept then I am pretty convinced he would go, aye. 

Going to be honest, there’s not many EPL teams I could see him turning down as long as the money was right for everyone. He would probably see all clubs as a good stepping stone to a bigger club in the future. Plus foreign players view international football as a big thing and he will get more chances there while playing in the premier league 

saved me a lot of typing.

.Williamson. likes this
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/03/2021 at 16:57, tom1780 said:

Someone needs to tell him if his ambition is to win trophy’s stay with us 

if you want to win a European trophy not many teams who are in the hunt would sign him realistically just yet so a season more winning more domestic trophy’s and a crack at Europe again fine but don’t go this window. 

but how many player have left us to go on and become top top players or win bigger and better things 

Arteta 

gio 

im struggling now to think 🤔 

laudrup didn’t even do much after leaving us , 

His ambition is to play at the highest possible level. Whilst winning trophies is important, not many players(especially non-scottish ones) will fancy spending their careers competing for the SPL title long term. It won't help them entice European heavy hitters since the SPL is considered a very weak league.

Players want a multitude of challenges and it doesn't get much bigger than playing in the biggest and most watched league in the world. If he goes down there and performs the world is his oyster.

Whilst European football is a great incentive, for us it's realistically 6 group stage games and perhaps some knockout football depending on our luck. Playing in the Prem guarantees you games 14 against the likes of Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Spurs. That's very attractive for a footballer... And many would take that over playing in Scotland.

Whilst not many players from Rangers have achieved huge success. There's plenty players jn recent times that have went down there and made a name for themselves.. Van Djik, Tierney, Robertson, McGinn to name but afew.. even abroad Dembele has done well and has been rewarded with a move to Atletico. That wouldnt have happened if he stayed with celtic.

NorthernLights and tm91 like this
2 hours ago, Iakona said:

His ambition is to play at the highest possible level. Whilst winning trophies is important, not many players(especially non-scottish ones) will fancy spending their careers competing for the SPL title long term. It won't help them entice European heavy hitters since the SPL is considered a very weak league.

Players want a multitude of challenges and it doesn't get much bigger than playing in the biggest and most watched league in the world. If he goes down there and performs the world is his oyster.

Whilst European football is a great incentive, for us it's realistically 6 group stage games and perhaps some knockout football depending on our luck. Playing in the Prem guarantees you games 14 against the likes of Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Spurs. That's very attractive for a footballer... And many would take that over playing in Scotland.

Whilst not many players from Rangers have achieved huge success. There's plenty players jn recent times that have went down there and made a name for themselves.. Van Djik, Tierney, Robertson, McGinn to name but afew.. even abroad Dembele has done well and has been rewarded with a move to Atletico. That wouldnt have happened if he stayed with celtic.

If Rangers make the CL next year, they are a bigger draw than a Southampton for a year. 

2 or 3 CL goals would get him a bigger move next year than 10 or 12 league goals for Southampton I reckon. The likes of Wilson, Watkins or Che Adams aren't getting a move to a Lyon like Demele did. 

Bad Robot and tom1780 like this

"One of my big dreams is to play in the English Premier League. It is one of the best leagues in the world and there are a lot of important players and important teams.

"So if the opportunity presents itself in my career, I am going to take it."

18 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

"One of my big dreams is to play in the English Premier League. It is one of the best leagues in the world and there are a lot of important players and important teams.

"So if the opportunity presents itself in my career, I am going to take it."

he probably never had any CL ambitions when he made that statement 

25 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If Rangers make the CL next year, they are a bigger draw than a Southampton for a year. 

2 or 3 CL goals would get him a bigger move next year than 10 or 12 league goals for Southampton I reckon. The like of Wilson, Watkins or Che Adams aren't getting a move to a Lyon like Demele did. 

How about Ings to Man City? Southampton have a fantastic record of developing players and selling them at a huge profit.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

How about Ings to Man City? Southampton have a fantastic record of developing players and selling them at a huge profit.

I would be pretty shocked if that actually happens TBH. 

Southampton do have a great record to be fair, just think a team wouldn't be put off by a player scoring a few goals in the CL group stages. 

All I’m saying is he might have the ambition to play in the best league in the world.... go sign for Southampton..... do me a favour!!!!  or sign for a West Ham , Everton and have a stinker you’ll no be seen again. 

or stay at Rangers with a world wide fan base loved and adored win leagues, play in the champions league bag a few goals then get a bigger move fair enough. 

all I’ll say is the grass is not always greener 

Hadron Collider likes this
5 hours ago, tom1780 said:

All I’m saying is he might have the ambition to play in the best league in the world.... go sign for Southampton..... do me a favour!!!!  or sign for a West Ham , Everton and have a stinker you’ll no be seen again. 

or stay at Rangers with a world wide fan base loved and adored win leagues, play in the champions league bag a few goals then get a bigger move fair enough. 

You mad bruv?

13 hours ago, tom1780 said:

You’re right but this is the view of a Rangers fan, which we all are but we can’t apply our logic and love of the club to Morelos’ ambitions. We would give anything to turn out for Rangers and while I don’t doubt he has affection for us but he has been clear many times his ambition to play in a better league. In the EPL even for a mid table side he will make a shedload of cash, be playing against de Bruyne, Fernandes etc or testing himself against much better defenders. Of course a move might not work out. Hopefully he stays, and nobody has indicated they will move for him yet. They key for us is to maximise and reinvest any fee if he does go. Itten and Roofe are not replacements for what he offers. We’d need to bring someone else in. 

20 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Don't understand why he'd want to go to England and get £75,000 a week when he can stay and play Ross County 3 times a season. 

Madness.

Maybe even end up near the south coast where for months at a time a big glowing light in the sky heats the place up above 12 degrees Celsius.

They Gnu likes this

If we get a good enough offer from a top 5 club, particularly a Premier League club, he's off, that's always been the case.  He has ambitions, he's got a family and a young kid to look after, he's free to chase the riches. He's never hid that and fair play to him. We've had him longer than we had Gazza and just about as long as we had Laudrup and he's been a key player, we can hardly complain.

Enjoy him while we have him and give him our best wishes when he leaves.

He's gave us great moments to celebrate, he's frustrated the life out of us, but now he's won the league with us!

Look he's not only wanting to go to a top league to test himself but it's for the top wages that come with it. He does at lot of charity work which comes from his pocket, the more he earns the more he can contribute to that. Realistically he'll get offered 2-3 times what we can pay him and that's the nature of the beast. If an offer comes in that's satisfactory with all parties then I wish him all the best. 

On 23/03/2021 at 05:47, RFCRobertson said:

Keep watching Morelos goal vs them, not the prettiest goal but god i celebrated it more than any other goal this season I think :lol:

Was fuckin brilliant man, the excitement when we scored then the sheer joy when I realised it was Alfredo

The dog always hides in his kennel when the football is on cause I always shout at the telly and he thinks I'm angry, he practically bolted up the stairs when I shouted at Alfredos goal 😅