Alfredo

TamCoopz

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes he’s honest about wanting to play in the premiership but it’s not the best league in the world but the most hyped up league in the world. Everyone who plays there is a millionaire and the millions easily accumulate up if you get a good run at it and that’s why many play there.

What league is better? Genuine question because it isn’t La Liga, The Bundesliga or Siere A.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Sell Morelos for 20m and reinvest half of that in another striker, I’d be looking at Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague going into last year of his contract so could possibly get him for 10m 

Zero chance of us getting Hlozek unfortunately. He will go to one of Europe's top sides.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What league is better? Genuine question because it isn’t La Liga, The Bundesliga or Siere A.

It's the same argument people used to make about Serie A in the 90s - boring, overhyped etc etc.

But the Premier League has the the most top coaches, the most top players across a large spread of teams in the league, compared to any of the other 'Top 4'. There's no contest that it is the top league in the world at the moment.

Do I enjoy watching it over other leagues? Not particularly.

31 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not seen him mate but we’re either going to have to spend a fair chunk of Morelos transfer fee to replace him or we’d need to get extremely lucky in the transfer market, I don’t think Itten or Roofe are up to replacing so we definitely need to sign a direct replacement should Alfredo leave. 

I’m hoping that there’s still a serious conversation to be had between SG and AM re CL football next season.
I know we all have blue tinted specs but if we get through on Thursday anything could happen especially if we play out A game and don’t respect the opposition too much.

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Zero chance of us getting Hlozek unfortunately. He will go to one of Europe's top sides.

Depends on wether he wants to play football or go and sit on the bench somewhere, he could come be a star for us for 2/3 seasons then move on to EPL and still only be 21/22

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m hoping that there’s still a serious conversation to be had between SG and AM re CL football next season.
I know we all have blue tinted specs but if we get through on Thursday anything could happen especially if we play out A game and don’t respect the opposition too much.

Think we’ll see Alfredo go up a couple of levels if we go through and are drawn against and English side, I hope he gives us one more season qualifying for the champions league would be huge for us financially and we are far less likely to do that without Morelos 

20 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Some of the worst games I’ve ever watched have been in PL this season.

Remember sitting down to watch a Manchester derby. This was right after the old firm am sure and jesus christ almighty ive never seen a more dull game in my life 

54 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not seen him mate but we’re either going to have to spend a fair chunk of Morelos transfer fee to replace him or we’d need to get extremely lucky in the transfer market, I don’t think Itten or Roofe are up to replacing so we definitely need to sign a direct replacement should Alfredo leave. 

Alfie's a one-off, hard to replace like for like. Itten still interests me. I think he's done ok, with very limited game time. I wonder how he'd fare over half a dozen or so, starts. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve actually misquoted Alfie as he says it’s one of the best, not thee best and yes he’s right as it is up there especially with the players, coaches, cash and worldwide tv coverage.

46 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think we’ll see Alfredo go up a couple of levels if we go through and are drawn against and English side, I hope he gives us one more season qualifying for the champions league would be huge for us financially and we are far less likely to do that without Morelos 

I want one more season from all our current players and hope the investors continue to speculate as with CL group stages secured it which would mean no ones needs to leave and they can possible get some of their cash back. 

40 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Alfie's a one-off, hard to replace like for like. Itten still interests me. I think he's done ok, with very limited game time. I wonder how he'd fare over half a dozen or so, starts. 

I’m not convinced by Itten tbh, he’s looked decent at times coming off the bench but anytime he’s started he’s been disappointing Poznań away aside. 

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m not convinced by Itten tbh, he’s looked decent at times coming off the bench but anytime he’s started he’s been disappointing Poznań away aside. 

I think he’ll be better next season once he’s had a year at the club under his belt and he’s bulked up a bit to help himself cope with the physicality.

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Morelos opportunity to get a run back when he joined us made sense, with Dalcio, Windass, Waghorn and the like offering little competition. We have 4 players now, all effectively vying for the same jersey at times. I'm just curious to see if an extended run would show us anything we've maybe not spotted.  

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think from top to bottom La Liga is still better but the drop in quality in Barcelona and Real Madrid has it closer than ever. Certainly dont buy into the claim EPL is clearly the best.

People go on about the money in England but there are some absolutely horrific sides in the PL.

Sheffield United have 14 points this season and scored 16 goals, WBA 18 and conceded 57 goals. I wouldn't back either to beat Huesca or Eibar.

Still a possibility there could be 2 La Liga sides in the QFs of CL and 2 in EL. Equal to PL. 

Not sure I agree with most top players either. How many EPL players get in a worlds 11? 

There will be 1 Spanish team in the quarters when the Best team in Spain are embarrassed by a pish Chelsea team. 

A lot of big clubs in the elite leagues are having poor seasons during the pandemic . Barca, Real, Liverpool. Bayer L, Juve, Arsenal, Marseille. All of  which makes the standard of the leagues look poorer.

Still, that's were the money is and will lure Morelos away this summer.

alfredo has my blessing if he gets the good deal in the premier league that he is after.

after a shakey start he now can play a different style up top and has a league winners medal in his pocket now.

england pay silly money. always sell to english teams

Archived