Alfredo

TamCoopz

He’s always been clear what he’d like to do in his career. We have to ensure whatever happens it is on our terms though. We don’t want an unhappy player, we don’t want to be short changed and we don’t want to be left without cover. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I like the look of the boy Dike who’s on loan at Barnsley from Orlando City as a potential replacement for Morelos because he looks like he has all the tools needed to develop into a class striker.

Just a shame that the big six are already rumoured to be sniffing about him. 

Barnsley have an option to buy him at the end of the loan but it’s $20 million. No chance we could get him. 

2 hours ago, Assegai said:

Alfredo has been nothing but honest with us. When he goes, good luck to him and thank you Buff.

He’s had about two interviews since arriving. 😂

The constant rhetoric about him leaving for a “bigger league “ has come from fans not him. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The constant rhetoric about him leaving for a “bigger league “ has come from fans not him. 

He's constantly given interviews to Colombian media.

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s not true

56 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He regularly gives interviews in Colombia where he speaks about his 'dream' of playing in the Premier League. One published today/yesterday where he says that there are 'opportunities now' for him to move.

Also the PL is the most over-hyped, arrogant and over-inflated league in the world, consistently shown up in European competition. 3 winners of the CL since 2005 and the same in the Europa league in fact in the EL they’ve had 4 winners since the turn of the century lol. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Also the PL is the most over-hyped, arrogant and over-inflated league in the world, consistently shown up in European competition. 3 winners of the CL since 2005 and the same in the Europa league in fact in the EL they’ve had 4 winners since the turn of the century lol. 

look how many english teams make the final or semi final compared to the rest. excluding spain of couse this generation of trophies belongs to that nation it seems in euro football.

english teams until recently did not take the europa league seriously.

I hope we get at least one more season from him, but many times in the past we've had our best players leave and I've usually said that ill wish them all the best and hope to see them back one day

But its usually just something you say for a leaving player. But with Alfredo, if he leaves, I'll really mean it from the bottom of my heart

If he eventually leaves I hope he goes on to be a fucking superstar and earn all the glories he deserves, I fucking love the guy, he's up their with my childhood heroes like Mccoist and Albertz, and I never thought I'd feel that way about another player, but Alfredo is already a legend in my eyes, and I hope to fuck he puts at least one past the tarriers this week.

And the best thing about it is I could say the same thing about a good few of our players

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

👍👍👏👏

Thing is mate, they have tons of cash. 

18 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

This 

Money talks as it will do with every player in our squad. Certain the board will want a player or two to be sold for massive profit this summer to make up for the financial gap made this season.

The interesting point will be what price point Wilson and Gerrard will have on the players as we had seen last summer they are very rigid on what players values are.

Alfie is a far more complete forward than last summer and has turned around his disciplinary problems for the most part. Can only see us wanting the same amount if not more this time around and with the distinct lack of goalscoring forwards down south I can see a few sharks already hovering around.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Money talks as it will do with every player in our squad. Certain the board will want a player or two to be sold for massive profit this summer to make up for the financial gap made this season.

The interesting point will be what price point Wilson and Gerrard will have on the players as we had seen last summer they are very rigid on what players values are.

Alfie is a far more complete forward than last summer and has turned around his disciplinary problems for the most part. Can only see us wanting the same amount if not more this time around and with the distinct lack of goalscoring forwards down south I can see a few sharks already hovering around.

Surely our player valuations have gone up after the season we’ve had, Morelos should be in the 25-30m bracket now 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

No point is selling guys on the cheap when we’re about to have the chance to showcase them at the top table in Europe, particularly as I’d expect the likes of Kamara and Morelos to thrive there. 

If it’s big money then fair enough.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Surely our player valuations have gone up after the season we’ve had, Morelos should be in the 25-30m bracket now 

I think £20m+ and he’s gone. Supposedly wanted £18m last year and didn’t blink. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

In a normal market you would probably be right but as we all know this ain't a normal market now. Money is limited to the elite clubs and needs them to spend for it to filter down. Not that I'm saying Morelos couldn't play for one of the big money clubs but you'd think it would be a mid to upper table side looking at him. No fans for a season and a half has put a huge strain on clubs transfer budgets.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No point is selling guys on the cheap when we’re about to have the chance to showcase them at the top table in Europe, particularly as I’d expect the likes of Kamara and Morelos to thrive there. 

If it’s big money then fair enough.

Yup, as I said money talks. How big that money is though is another thing. We ain't going to be seeing £80-100m transfers this summer.

Just now, esquire8 said:

In a normal market you would probably be right but as we all know this ain't a normal market now. Money is limited to the elite clubs and needs them to spend for it to filter down. Not that I'm saying Morelos couldn't play for one of the big money clubs but you'd think it would be a mid to upper table side looking at him. No fans for a season and a half has put a huge strain on clubs transfer budgets.

All the more reason to hold onto our top assets for another season, I’d rather keep them till at least after the champions league qualifiers, if we don’t qualify then we could always sell to balance the books. 

Archived