Alfredo

TamCoopz

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

All the more reason to hold onto our top assets for another season, I’d rather keep them till at least after the champions league qualifiers, if we don’t qualify then we could always sell to balance the books. 

Don't think we are in a financial position to reject bids that meet a players valuation with or without champions league qualification.

Books have been needed to be balanced since King took over and lucky enough for us the board have dug us out. Champions league qualification for one season does not come close to balancing them books yet. 

Players have a price, if that price is met then the player will most likely be sold. It's the reason we have Ross Wilson here, it's his job to replace that player with someone cheaper and just as much of not more potential.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think we are in a financial position to reject bids that meet a players valuation with or without champions league qualification.

Books have been needed to be balanced since King took over and lucky enough for us the board have dug us out. Champions league qualification for one season does not come close to balancing them books yet. 

Players have a price, if that price is met then the player will most likely be sold. It's the reason we have Ross Wilson here, it's his job to replace that player with someone cheaper and just as much of not more potential.

Think if Morelos goes we’ll need to spend around half his transfer fee to get anywhere close to replacing him, I’d like to see us push the boat out for a young up and coming striker who could give us 2/3 seasons then again be sold at a profit, love to see us go for Adam Hlozek not sure how realistic that is as there’s some big clubs looking at him, his contract is up 2022 tho so could be within hour budget. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think if Morelos goes we’ll need to spend around half his transfer fee to get anywhere close to replacing him, I’d like to see us push the boat out for a young up and coming striker who could give us 2/3 seasons then again be sold at a profit, love to see us go for Adam Hlozek not sure how realistic that is as there’s some big clubs looking at him, his contract is up 2022 tho so could be within hour budget. 

Pretty confident Wilson, Gerrard and the scouting dept have a solid list for every position. Transfer policy bar Zungu has been great and looks very well planned.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Pretty confident Wilson, Gerrard and the scouting dept have a solid list for every position. Transfer policy bar Zungu has been great and looks very well planned.

Hopefully, I like the look of that Sakala we were linked with on a free tbh, not as a Morelos replacement though more a project/Defoe replacement. 

On 03/03/2021 at 19:52, TamCoopz said:

Deserves his own topic 

❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙

Absolutely, he is a menace and defenders are terrified. He is becoming an all round player. A striker with the brain of a number 10 and a Souness like attitude. Love him.😍

On 15/03/2021 at 10:10, GersInCanada said:

I reckon that Gerrard will do everything he can to keep him for next season and the CL but a significant bid this summer and that decision will be taken out of his hands. 

Need to do our best to keep him. Without him this year we would have struggled.

7 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Indeed, show the same again and the Paedos will be toast

Most relaxed scum game I've felt in ten years, probably like most of us. If the players feel the same, we will do them big style.

4 hours ago, Quiet Jim said:

Most relaxed scum game I've felt in ten years, probably like most of us. If the players feel the same, we will do them big style.

Every time I’ve felt relaxed about one, we’ve got humped.

However, it is nice to go in to it knowing that it has no bearing on the outcome of the title race, better still that there are 2 games left v them that matter little, other than for us to rub it in or for them to regain a bit of (hopefully false) confidence.

I’d qualify the ‘matter little’ in that I’m really hoping we can go the full league season unbeaten, so they’re must wins for me.

Archived