Gerrards sending off

Virtuoso

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the official ruling on cards and managers - Two yellows to a red is a 1 match ban, but dissent is 2? Does an appeal postpone when it would take effect?

Not that it matters much in an empty stadium - he’s going tonto when we win regardless where he is. Just be good for him to be pitch side for the whole game/ instant we win.

Beaton was an absolute disgrace last night. He should never be allowed to officiate one of our games again. 

His consistency was woeful, he clearly lost control at one point in a game that wasn't dirty. The big decisions he got wrong, his linesmen were as bad, flagging late, missing the penalty, quick to blow as soon as any contact was made with a Livingston player. 

The McGregor booking also looked like when we were making a substitution so that was bizarre as well. 

The decisions, or lack thereof, have cost us points in the past and if it wasn't for an 87th minute winner it would be the same again. How many times can this be allowed to happen?? 

If he is that poor a referee, and I believe he is, then he should be nowhere near the top flight never mind one of our games. We should be requesting he never officiated one of our games again, but knowing our sporting body the Morelos yellow will stand, Gerrard's ban will be extended and Beaton will be the referee for the old firm game.

We must appeal the decision to book Alfredo and the red card to the boss.

Morelos must surely win his appeal but Gerrard will get a ban. Keep this in the public eye by appealing these today. I cannot accept that 'cheating' is merely incompetent. We all remember Jack getting sent off for being attacked by Stokes in that infamous game.

Beaton has to be called out as a cheat. No other explanation fits the facts.

They could have just got away with it by not giving him a penalty and not booking him. If he said it happened quickly but didn’t look like a penalty from where he was then that is what it is. Disappointing but it happens. It’s the fact that he made the statement by booking him that he had a good enough view to be certain that Alfie was cheating 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

So, Gerrard might be in the stands for the celtic game.

Can he choose to sit anywhere he wishes? Move seats during the game etc? 

With the stadiums empty, I’m pretty sure the players will be able to hear him shout instructions and encouragements.

I think he will have one of these and it will be blasting all around the piggery. :seal:

Megaohone.jpg

I don’t think Beaton is a cheat. Just yet another utterly shite ref. Bottles big decisions, gets major ones wrong, panics all the time, doesn’t consult his linesman. 

That said in my whole life watching Rangers there’s only ever been twice I’ve felt that a ref set out to ‘cheat’ us. Beaton at home to Hibs 2-3, and Clancy away at the filth 1-2. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Beaton shat it when Morelos went down then shat it when Gerrard came up to him. 

Fucking disgraceful referee.

Morelos yellow rescinded, Gerrard sending off rescinded and Beaton relegated to League 2 football for the rest of the season.

The only answer from the SFA that's correct.

Not a chance Gerrard’s is rescinded. Morelos will be though. Be tempted to try and do the same with McGregors if possible. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think Beaton is a cheat. Just yet another utterly shite ref. Bottles big decisions, gets major ones wrong, panics all the time, doesn’t consult his linesman. 

That said in my whole life watching Rangers there’s only ever been twice I’ve felt that a ref set out to ‘cheat’ us. Beaton at home to Hibs 2-3, and Clancy away at the filth 1-2. 

Nah...he is an actual prick...outwith the game as well. He hates us 👍

1 minute ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Nah...he is an actual prick...outwith the game as well. He hates us 👍

I think the whole ‘Beaton in a Rangers bar’ pish after the Jack 1-0 OF game has some getting completely the wrong perception of him. Arsehole of a guy.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Beaton shat it when Morelos went down then shat it when Gerrard came up to him. 

Fucking disgraceful referee.

Morelos yellow rescinded, Gerrard sending off rescinded and Beaton relegated to League 2 football for the rest of the season.

The only answer from the SFA that's correct.

that will never happen  maybe morelos card overturned bit nothing else  beaton will have another top flight game this week and next as if nothing happened

43 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Beaton was an absolute disgrace last night. He should never be allowed to officiate one of our games again. 

His consistency was woeful, he clearly lost control at one point in a game that wasn't dirty. The big decisions he got wrong, his linesmen were as bad, flagging late, missing the penalty, quick to blow as soon as any contact was made with a Livingston player. 

The McGregor booking also looked like when we were making a substitution so that was bizarre as well. 

The decisions, or lack thereof, have cost us points in the past and if it wasn't for an 87th minute winner it would be the same again. How many times can this be allowed to happen?? 

If he is that poor a referee, and I believe he is, then he should be nowhere near the top flight never mind one of our games. We should be requesting he never officiated one of our games again, but knowing our sporting body the Morelos yellow will stand, Gerrard's ban will be extended and Beaton will be the referee for the old firm game.

the other thing to highlight it was never a dirty game with no real bad tackles but he booked 6 livingston players at one point he was flashing yellow cards everywhere

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think Beaton tries to over compensate. Ever since the accusations of him being a Rangers fan and his visit to a Rangers bar after the old firm, it's as if he is actively trying to prove he is fair and unbiased towards Rangers by, ironically, being unfair and biased AGAINST Rangers. 

He is also very shite.

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

the other thing to highlight it was never a dirty game with no real bad tackles but he booked 6 livingston players at one point he was flashing yellow cards everywhere

Tbf, Livingston deserved every yellow card they got. The fucking hammer throwers were desperately trying to stop the game with shirt pulling and professional fouls.

13 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Class :lol: 

I know exactly when this was and he had every right to be raging. I was going nuts.

Their keeper has been wasting time for fun the full game, he finally gets booked after about 80 odd minutes.

McGregor time wastes once and he's booked instantly. 

How the fuck does that make sense? Just because it's the last minute of the game.

I hate inconsistencies like that.

Archived