Will Gerrard only realise the magnitude of 55 when it happens?

Of course he'll be fully aware of just what a great achievement he and his players are about to accomplish, but I think that even Gerrard will be taken aback when the time comes in the very near future, possibly this weekend. 

I hope he will relish every moment of it, and I'm sure he will. This guy has came in and done a job you'd expect a highly proven and highly paid manager to do. He deserves every bit of praise coming his way as do the players. 

We are finally back to where we belong - the Champions of Scotland.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me he’s had a look in his eyes that this was going to be the year we ended them and nothing was going to stop him... Steven Gerrard knows what Rangers are all about I’ve no doubts about that!! Can’t wait for him, the staff and players to experience what’s coming... #55🇬🇧

You know. It’s not just that he has done it but it is also the manner in which he has done it.

The guy has come in and rebuilt the pride of our club. Rebuilt the dignity and honour. He is respectful in the face of disrespect. Magnanimous in victory. Not sure how he is in defeat because it rarely happens 😂

The point I am making is that he has brought our identity back which we had lost for some time. 

Wim Jansen came in and was the manager for that lot when we fell at the hurdle of 10 all those years ago. But do you think he is lauded anywhere near the adoration that Gerrard will get? No. Not because of what he has done but how he did it and what else he has brought back. 

Am not ashamed to admit I've had some really dark times over the past decade following our club. I was completely broken. 

Failed manager after manager we were  in the worlderness just one of the pack 

Then Mr Gerrard walked into the blue room.. Let's go where his words and its taken us longer than we all wished but he's got the job done domestically and delivered 55

The man is a hero 

Said it a million times but he and that team have immortalised themselves forever in the history books with Rangers. 

Mental that there’s players in that team have no idea what a full Ibrox even sounds like and they’re going into the history books as legends :lol:

Very few people get to be a legend at a football club. Even fewer get to be a legend at TWO the size of Rangers and Liverpool. I don’t think he’ll fully appreciate the magnitude of it until the fans are back. Don’t think they players will either. 55 was always going to be special given where we’ve been, but the manner we’ve done it this season is astonishing. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Said it a million times but he and that team have immortalised themselves forever in the history books with Rangers. 

Mental that there’s players in that team have no idea what a full Ibrox even sounds like and they’re going into the history books as legends :lol:

And you were one of many on here who wanted rid of him last season.

Hate to say I told you so...but I did 😂

13 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

And you were one of many on here who wanted rid of him last season.

Hate to say I told you so...but I did 😂

I genuinely can’t remember you saying that to me but I am aware I wanted him gone at the time and I make no apologies for that. 

We had a monumental collapse in form after the winter break last season. Knocked out of the Scottish cup by bottom of the league Hearts and our title push was over. 

I am delighted he has managed to turn that all around this season and win us the league. 

Were you not the guy that followed me around the forum for a bit annoyed that I didn’t rate Jordan Jones? :lol:

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

You know. It’s not just that he has done it but it is also the manner in which he has done it.

The guy has come in and rebuilt the pride of our club. Rebuilt the dignity and honour. He is respectful in the face of disrespect. Magnanimous in victory. Not sure how he is in defeat because it rarely happens 😂

The point I am making is that he has brought our identity back which we had lost for some time. 

Wim Jansen came in and was the manager for that lot when we fell at the hurdle of 10 all those years ago. But do you think he is lauded anywhere near the adoration that Gerrard will get? No. Not because of what he has done but how he did it and what else he has brought back. 

Nice post mate.

The guy has come in and rebuilt the pride of our club. Rebuilt the dignity and honour. He is respectful in the face of disrespect. Magnanimous in victory. Not sure how he is in defeat because it rarely happens 😂

there's no doubt he has passion for the club and he knows it'll mean a lot to us when we get 55. but let's face it we aren't his club. that's liverpool. and until 2018 he was just an outsider looking in. we had already been in hell for 6 years before he came here. we went through so much shit in those years. there's a lot of stuff i won't forget or forgive but i'll be glad to put the last 9 years behind us on sunday or whenever we win it. all that stuff he wasn't here for so i don't think he gets the full picture and what it means exactly. 

i don't think he's gonna be fully prepared for what happens when it's officially confirmed. there will be fireworks going off all over the city. people have got planes booked to fly stuff. there will be crowds at george square, ibrox, and maybe other places. glasgow won't know what hit it. and of course he will become a Rangers legend. sorry liverpool but you'll need to share him now. wherever he goes from now on he will have the full support of the Rangers fans. he'll be remembered at this club for a long long time. he's not just coming in doing a job then going. he's part of the family now and will always be welcomed at Ibrox. 

7 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Say we won it at Parkhead I’d love to see the fans line the streets back to Govan and for the bus to follow the route back to Ibrox

That would be a fine sight. I'd rather get it done and dusted on Sunday however. I've wrestled with this one a lot, and don't know if I can cope being on tenterhooks for another 2 weeks. We could maybe line the route from Ibrox to Parkhead, applauding the champions.

6 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

there's no doubt he has passion for the club and he knows it'll mean a lot to us when we get 55. but let's face it we aren't his club. that's liverpool. and until 2018 he was just an outsider looking in. we had already been in hell for 6 years before he came here. we went through so much shit in those years. there's a lot of stuff i won't forget or forgive but i'll be glad to put the last 9 years behind us on sunday or whenever we win it.

i don't think he's gonna be fully prepared for what happens when it's officially confirmed. there will be fireworks going off all over the city. people have got planes booked to fly stuff. there will be crowds at george square, ibrox, and maybe other places. glasgow won't know what hit it. and of course he will become a Rangers legend. sorry liverpool but you'll need to share him now. wherever he goes from now on he will have the full support of the Rangers fans. he'll be remembered at this club for a long long time. he's not just coming in doing a job then going. he's part of the family now and will always be welcomed at Ibrox. 

Hear hear ! 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely can’t remember you saying that to me but I am aware I wanted him gone at the time and I make no apologies for that. 

We had a monumental collapse in form after the winter break last season. Knocked out of the Scottish cup by bottom of the league Hearts and our title push was over. 

I am delighted he has managed to turn that all around this season and win us the league. 

Were you not the guy that followed me around the forum for a bit annoyed that I didn’t rate Jordan Jones? :lol:

😂 yeah I will give you that but in my defence all I said he would do a job for us..he did score a goal away at Motherwell earlier in season 😂

He knows what 55 will mean all right , saying that i sometimes i have to pinch maself when i realise we are so far in front of the Bheasts , and that we could win 55 this weekend , a dream come true.

Archived