Steven Gerrard

Raligt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Great achievement when you consider there were no players in Feb team of the month.

Just goes to show how pish these things really are (whoever chose the team for he month)

Two different things. The team of the month uses a purely statistical model to pick players while MotM is picked by people. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Two different things. The team of the month uses a purely statistical model to pick players while MotM is picked by people. 

I know it’s two different things, my point was about the mockery of TOTM, not MOTM.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

I know it’s two different things, my point was about the mockery of TOTM, not MOTM.

Thats why the ToTM was so ridiculous. A defender can have one good game in a month and get into it because the way the stats are weighted. Couple of goals and a clean sheet in one game could get a defender into the team of the month, even if he then has a couple of howlers after it. 

He is fucking great, probably something some won't agree with but I actually think given resources and expectations on arrival his work has now passed what Advocaat did and Smith did first time around.

Smith 3IAR era is probably the only period of management I have seen as a body of work that surpasses Gerrards. 

52 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Im actually starting to flap a little now with Liverpool’s form. Will be gutted if he goes this soon. Hope to fuck he’s still here next season.

No chance he leaves before he can actually lift the trophy and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t want a crack at the champions league with us.

When he goes he goes, next manager won’t have a rebuild and we are champions again so Gerrard goes with my blessing 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No chance he leaves before he can actually lift the trophy and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t want a crack at the champions league with us.

When he goes he goes, next manager won’t have a rebuild and we are champions again so Gerrard goes with my blessing 

Yeh I agree I don’t think it would be before the end of the season, I don’t think Klopp would get the boot mid season either but it’s heading south very quickly there. First time they’ve ever lost five consecutive games at home, pretty much fucked top 4. If he does get the bullet Gerrard gets it all day for me. As you say though he’s leaves a hero, when the day comes. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Yeh I agree I don’t think it would be before the end of the season, I don’t think Klopp would get the boot mid season either but it’s heading south very quickly there. First time they’ve ever lost five consecutive games at home, pretty much fucked top 4. If he does get the bullet Gerrard gets it all day for me. As you say though he’s leaves a hero, when the day comes. 

It’s heading in a bad direction for Klopp atm but I would be astonished if Gerrard has put 3 years of his life into winning us the league and doesn’t want to stay to actually lift it :lol:

When Liverpool come calling Gerrard will be away, they’re his club and he’s never turning them down. I think it’s a bit early for him to go there but aye, he’s not turning them down when it happens 

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The thing is I think we are looking at a bit of a rebuild, if not this summer then definitely the Summer after.

McGrgeor, Davis, Defoe all in their mid to late 30’s, with Balogun and Arfield getting to the veteran stage too.

After a crack at the champions league players like Kamara, Morelos, Kent & possibly Barisic are probably going to be looking for a move to a bigger league.

Tav & Goldson going into the last year of their contracts (I would give both players new deals, but this is probably the last chance we have to make money on them if they don’t sign new deals).

Thankfully we would still have the likes of Roofe, Patterson, Hagi, Aribo, Jack, Helander, Simpson & Wright to build around, but yeah I think it’s going to be an interesting 18 months for us and any recruitment we do this Summer needs to be spot on.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The thing is I think we are looking at a bit of a rebuild, if not this summer then definitely the Summer after.

McGrgeor, Davis, Defoe all in their mid to late 30’s, with Balogun and Arfield getting to the veteran stage too.

After a crack at the champions league players like Kamara, Morelos, Kent & possibly Barisic are probably going to be looking for a move to a bigger league.

Tav & Goldson going into the last year of their contracts (I would give both players new deals, but this is probably the last chance we have to make money on them if they don’t sign new deals).

Thankfully we would still have the likes of Roofe, Patterson, Hagi, Aribo, Jack, Helander, Simpson & Wright to build around, but yeah I think it’s going to be an interesting 18 months for us and any recruitment we do this Summer needs to be spot on.

Mate that’s not a rebuild, that’s you making up a fictional scenario and selling our main players and pretending we won’t be buying anyone at the same time :lol:

The older guys you mentioned at the start aren’t a major issue either. McGregor is the only one we should be actively looking to find a replacement for in the next year or so, depending on when he decides to retire. 

This is the side that Murty seen get battered in a cup semi final against Celtic in 2018. This was a rebuild

4BEE29DA-DFB1-4B19-A550-E9805D629423.jpeg

Archived