Steven Gerrard does not have to leave Rangers to prove he can one day manage Liverpool - Jamie Carragher

EMRFC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, .Williamson. said:

Can you rewrite that post in understandable English mate 

:lol: I'll try.

Carragher supported Everton and preferred Celtic to us, he now supports Liverpool and prefers us to Celtic, it must annoy him that he had to change another team to support his pal.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Carragher supported Everton and preferred Celtic to us, he now supports Liverpool and prefers us to Celtic, it must annoy him that he had to change another team to support his pal.

Thank you mate. 

I don’t accept the changing of football teams. You aren’t a fan of the new side you are claiming to support and you have now lost the ability to be a fan of the previous team.

Carragher supports nobody in my book 

There are times during games, in particular in Europe you could watch us and think "fuck I wish Rangers played like that and were managed by him". We play football in Europe that mirrors that of sides we have watched for years thinking just fucking be like that a bit more. 

Stylistically Gerrard and his coaching team have a way of wanting to play football that would transpose well to most teams. 

If for instance he managed Newcastle as they are now with the exact same squad I genuinely think they would be about 12/15 points better off. 

Good article. Think it probably ends the speculation that Gerrard may go to Liverpool this season. Carragher will be well connected within Liverpool and I imagine talks to Gerrard regularly. He wouldn’t write that, instead probably pushing the idea that Gerrard going just now might be good for Liverpool if it was the case

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

There are times during games, in particular in Europe you could watch us and think "fuck I wish Rangers played like that and were managed by him". We play football in Europe that mirrors that of sides we have watched for years thinking just fucking be like that a bit more. 

Stylistically Gerrard and his coaching team have a way of wanting to play football that would transpose well to most teams. 

If for instance he managed Newcastle as they are now with the exact same squad I genuinely think they would be about 12/15 points better off. 

I went on the Liverpool forum earlier to see what they were saying and some of them mentioned Newcastle as a possible next step for him. 

That club would be a complete backwards step and I’ve yet to see it do favours for any managers career. Their support wants everything now and they don’t have an owner willing to fund it. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good article. Think it probably ends the speculation that Gerrard may go to Liverpool this season. Carragher will be well connected within Liverpool and I imagine talks to Gerrard regularly. He wouldn’t write that, instead probably pushing the idea that Gerrard going just now might be good for Liverpool if it was the case

Yep and no chance Gerrard would leave before managing us in the UCL, also can’t see Klopp going anyway, not til at least end of next season.

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Carragher supported Everton and preferred celtic to us, he now supports Liverpool and prefers us to celtic, it must annoy him that he had to change another team to support his pal.

He said he’ll go back to supporting the scum when Gerrard leaves. They can have him tbh - can’t stand the cunt!

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I went on the Liverpool forum earlier to see what they were saying and some of them mentioned Newcastle as a possible next step for him. 

That club would be a complete backwards step and I’ve yet to see it do favours for any managers career. Their support wants everything now and they don’t have an owner willing to fund it. 

I don't think he would go there, or even consider it, was just an example to show what I think he could achieve.

Can only see the departure of both Klopp and Gerrard aligning in the summer of 24. 

30 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Superb article.

Steven is now being recognised globally as one of the finest up and coming young managers in world football. We are lucky to have him.

Topcat

I think Stevie is also lucky to have us as

WATP!

I think Gerrard's savvy enough to realise he needs to get games under his belt and serve his managerial apprenticeship before he tackles the Liverpool job. Being the boss at our club puts high level demands on him and his team constantly, on and off the field. This is great schooling. European experience will be a "must" in the Liverpool CV, again he gets that here. Any club outwith the top six in England simply wouldn't offer these options to a developing manager, and Gerrard wouldn't touch any of the other top six. Personally I think we'll get another couple of years out of him, hopefully more. He'll want to ensure that when he does take the plunge and manages his boyhood heroes, he has no niggles in the back of his mind in relation to his capabilities.    

Hes spot on. The big worry for me is That Gerrard has admitted he doesn't see him being a manager for a long time which means there's, very limited opportunities for him to get the one job he wants. Doesn't help that Klopps making a cunt of it either. 

44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thank you mate. 

I don’t accept the changing of football teams. You aren’t a fan of the new side you are claiming to support and you have now lost the ability to be a fan of the previous team.

Carragher supports nobody in my book 

He used to go home and away with Everton until he was in his late teens and started playing for Liverpool's first team :lol:

Archived