Handball law changes again

esquire8

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Thank fuck. Embarrassing from FIFA again. Hopefully the pile of shite refs up here actually don't make a mess of it.

Penalty to Liverpool from yesterday’s game then. The fucking offside VAR pish needs to be sorted. An arm is offside. Last I heard was an arm doesn’t score a goal. The feet should be used for the offside. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Penalty to Liverpool from yesterday’s game then. The fucking offside VAR pish needs to be sorted. An arm is offside. Last I heard was an arm doesn’t score a goal. The feet should be used for the offside. 

Common fucking sense should be used. If a linesman doesn't put his flag up immediately but thinks it needs looked at then VAR look at it and have it be blatantly obvious he is offside. Lines and millimetres is a fucking joke. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Looks like they are going to change offside too...

Cant wait to see what they have in store for this one.

"The ball shall be allowed be passed to a player in a previously offside position, as long as the ball is in the 14th stage of play. The forward pass should not be played with any forward angle greater than 16.5 degrees. If the referee is in doubt, he should allow play to continue until the moment that the ball is about to cross the goal line, and then blow for a pause in play to allow for a VAR check. If the angle exceeded 16.5 degrees, then Fifa shall be awarded a fine of £10k from the offending club, if the angle of pass was less than 16 degrees, or the forward pass was made by Barcelona, then the game should be restarted on the goal line with a contestable drop ball."

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

No mate. For me it’s the feet. So what if the players head is forward. Might as well be the arm. Some cunts have huge heads though. 😉

Playing against Harry Maguire would be a laugh :lol: hard to be offside with the size of his coupon.

42 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Top of arm no longer counts as handball so if it's in front of a defender it's offside.

56 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

English and Scottish FA starting it from next season though might look at bringing it in earlier if referee bodies agree.

Think they bring it one season, tell the refs the following season and then tell the clubs/players the season after that just in time to change it again.

:pipe:

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Top of arm no longer counts as handball so if it's in front of a defender it's offside.

Which is in itself absurd. Unless the arm is in front of the defender AND it plays the ball, what advantage accrues to the attacker by having his arm in front, unless he is running on his arms or doing the fucking long jump?

Why not just encourage entertaining and attacking football by having a simple rule that if the attacker's foot is ahead of the last defender, giving him advantage of movement, he's offside, and if it isn't, he isn't?

13 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Which is in itself absurd. Unless the arm is in front of the defender AND it plays the ball, what advantage accrues to the attacker by having his arm in front, unless he is running on his arms or doing the fucking long jump?

Why not just encourage entertaining and attacking football by having a simple rule that if the attacker's foot is ahead of the last defender, giving him advantage of movement, he's offside, and if it isn't, he isn't?

I've been saying the same for ages. It should only be about the feet. 

14 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Thought I posted that earlier. It’s the feet that should be used. 

10 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I've been saying the same for ages. It should only be about the feet. 

It's daft that it has ever been anything else. The purpose of the rule is to prevent goal-hanging, but when what it does quite often is penalise mistimed but earnest attempts by an attacker to break the defence, and rewards calculated attempts by the defence to thwart a goal not by defending the ball but by running away from it, it is directly encouraging low-scoring football, which is as we all know a thoroughly Italian idea, and like all Italian ideas except pizza, pasta and Sophia Loren, it's basically just fascism at the end of the day.

Archived