Club Statement, Morelos, and the Red card

Siam69

• Siam69 changed the title to Club Statement, Morelos, and the Red card

only right Morelos card rescinded...and SG will take a 1 match ban

imagine though that the decision was made during a Killie v Accies game.....that could mean demotion to a club. Jobs lost, contracts reduced etc etc.

That's what irks me the most...these f**kwits don't appreciate the real cost of their mistakes...and are never accountable.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good statement.

Puts our points across. The refereeing standards in our game are amateurish because the refs are part time. Sort that out and we might just get some parity. 

The standards definitely have to improve, but also the attitude of referees and approachability towards them has to change. Not willing to discuss or explain decisions isn’t helpful for anyone. How can performances improve if questionable decisions can’t be questioned and the ref is free to carry on to the next calamity. Show a bit of respect to earn it back, don’t just blank people and act that because you’re in charge that you’re above reproach.

10 minutes ago, murzo said:

The standards definitely have to improve, but also the attitude of referees and approachability towards them has to change. Not willing to discuss or explain decisions isn’t helpful for anyone. How can performances improve if questionable decisions can’t be questioned and the ref is free to carry on to the next calamity. Show a bit of respect to earn it back, don’t just blank people and act that because you’re in charge that you’re above reproach.

Totally agree.  Part-time refereeing is inadequate  in a professional  leauge mate. 

Refs can't  keep up with the professional athletes, hesitate to make decisions, get them wrong and panic when questioned about their calls. As you say, i's  a fucking calamity.

19 minutes ago, murzo said:

It's as simple as beaton saying to Gerrard, "look from my PoV it looked like a dive, I consulted the linesman and he couldnt say any clear contact and neither did the 4th official. I'll review it and if ive got it wrong, youve got my deepest apologies and ill take it on the chin". 

Instead he hides behind his power and becomes immature by not engaging in a conversation that was Completely warranted considering now the incident has been rescinded however the fall out is still being felt by Gerrard simply because he wanted a explanation to a ludicrous decision. 

If anything this proves that a VAR system is needed. As an above poster said, a bad call like that could result in drop points which is a whole different issue in of itself. 

29 minutes ago, murzo said:

Bang on. 

You can’t even approach officials in this country anymore and you can't say anything about bad decisions made, in an interview without someone cracking down. 

How hard would it have been for Beaton to say what he seen. 

Instead he wanted to go inside which our manager pointed out he couldn't talk to him inside having to be in separate rooms and he didn't even have the class to call with an apology either. 

The annoying part for me is Beaton has screwed up with the card rescinded. All that will happen is he might ref a championship game this weekend before coming right back up like nothing happened. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's as simple as beaton saying to Gerrard, "look from my PoV it looked like a dive, I consulted the linesman and he couldnt say any clear contact and neither did the 4th official. I'll review it and if ive got it wrong, youve got my deepest apologies and ill take it on the chin". 

Instead he hides behind his power and becomes immature by not engaging in a conversation that was Completely warranted considering now the incident has been rescinded however the fall out is still being felt by Gerrard simply because he wanted a explanation to a ludicrous decision. 

If anything this proves that a VAR system is needed. As an above poster said, a bad call like that could result in drop points which is a whole different issue in of itself. 

VAR will not help referees up here, look at the horrific decisions that still get made down in England with it, no way anyone up here will be competent enough to sit behind a screen and make the right call 

55 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good statement.

Puts our points across. The refereeing standards in our game are amateurish because the refs are part time. Sort that out and we might just get some parity. 

dont think going full time would make a difference when you are a bad ref like beaton or a crooked ref like clancy going full time will not change that

36 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

only right Morelos card rescinded...and SG will take a 1 match ban

imagine though that the decision was made during a Killie v Accies game.....that could mean demotion to a club. Jobs lost, contracts reduced etc etc.

That's what irks me the most...these f**kwits don't appreciate the real cost of their mistakes...and are never accountable.

you had that last week in the st mirren v ross county game it was never a pen cost county 3pts and at the end of the day could cost jobs etc if they are relegated

Just now, billscott said:

dont think going full time would make a difference when you are a bad ref like beaton or a crooked ref like clancy going full time will not change that

I wouldn't  give the part time refs automatic  promotion to professional status. No chance!

Adverise the posts and pick refs who have a proven track record.

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

you had that last week in the st mirren v ross county game it was never a pen cost county 3pts and at the end of the day could cost jobs etc if they are relegated

I’m sure there was a game a month or two ago involving Motherwell playing against st Mirren not long ago and Motherwell got fucked by the ref. At least it’s consistent and it’s not just us that get shafted, consistently shite 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I wouldn't  give the part time refs automatic  promotion to professional status. No chance!

Adverise the posts and pick refs who have a proven track record.

how many refs in scotland have a proven track record  and no one from england would come up here  as a country we cannot afford full time refs  if you have a decent job and get a grand every premier league game you ref there is no way you are giving that up to go full time

19 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Card rescinded so SG was obviously right, but he still gets a one match ban. There’s SFA logic for you.

As much as I think it’s a lot of shite ,as soon as SG was caught swearing at him on TV he was always getting banned 

42 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Great statement. Walking away from this looking the bigger person also and vindicated that we are being scrutinized.

Wish people would give this board more credit sometimes.

This board is leading us to 55.

If they achieve nothing else they have done us proud on that alone imo.

It's  what we all wanted.

Archived