Borna Barisic

I remember watching the left back from Osijek bossing both the ties in the summer of 2018. Albeit his team lost, but like many times I've seen us playing an unknown mob, this guy stood out by a country mile. Bandaged head, dying for the jersey. Early August we signed him.

"I think the most important thing is that every game I give 100%. I see that the Rangers fans recognise that and I'm very happy because of that. I will give my heart on Ibrox and every other stadium for Rangers, I think this is the most important thing."

borimage.thumb.png.c712045706456a5f0afce235aa45ba34.png

Borna, we salute you! :bow:

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sure, but the troops have seen it and are ready to hoist not only Borna if  they get the chance, which is a shame with this COVID shite.  

Aye, would be nice to enjoy, and show our appreciation as we wished. They've certainly kept my spirits up over the past few challenging months. This weekend is going to be a good weekend, I'm well into it since I clocked off at 5.        

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

One of my favourite players at the club and reiterated when he gave the ball to Itten for the last penalty.

He's quality. Obvious worry for us is that Croatia have a good run in the Euros. If so don't be surprised with an incoming, northwards of £15M easily.  I'd rather keep him, I'm not overly interested in the balance sheet, just the team on the park.

3 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

He's quality. Obvious worry for us is that Croatia have a good run in the Euros. If so don't be surprised with an incoming, northwards of £15M easily.  I'd rather keep him, I'm not overly interested in the balance sheet, just the team on the park.

Many of our players will be sought after this summer. The sign of a successful club. Now that we are in the CL (especially if we make the group stages), it's not essential to sell. Still, I expect one or two to leave and Borna will be high on the wanted list.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Many of our players will be sought after this summer. The sign of a successful club. Now that we are in the CL (especially if we make the group stages), it's not essential to sell. Still, I expect one or two to leave and Borna will be high on the wanted list.

I see no reason to sell, unless the player is pushing for it. We've managed fine this year, especially in Europe, that's the yardstick. There's a team on the other side of the city who have regularly rejoiced about their balance sheet, taking their eye of the prize completely.  

29 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Looked like he was going to flop.....

one fantastic free kick v St Mirren and he’s never looked back. 

I always thought he had it in in him to be a Ranger. He had the pedigree. That  goal  game him the confidence he so desperately  needed.

I was in Belfast for the first time ever on a surprise weekend break with my Bearrerte  wife for her birthday watching the game. She fucking  loved it! 

Great city and a great goal. Well worh the hangover and worrying wether I got her pregnant again.:lol:

11 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Personally I think we got rid of the wrong player from Osijek. Gredza should have stayed.

Now my car is mhanky as fuck 😔

Forgot about that, he was a recommendation from memory from Barisic. Stick to playing Borna. Wonder what he's up to now, might find him at the car wash.  

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

One of my favourite players at the club and reiterated when he gave the ball to Itten for the last penalty.

Fucking love the bastard.

His turn around has been tremendous. That free kick against St Mirren worked wonders.

1 hour ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

I see no reason to sell, unless the player is pushing for it. We've managed fine this year, especially in Europe, that's the yardstick. There's a team on the other side of the city who have regularly rejoiced about their balance sheet, taking their eye of the prize completely.  

The model we’re working towards is selling an asset once per summer. We’re overdue that sale at this point. Someone will go this summer. Borna and Kamara are the top two I think. If they have a good Euros after winning 55, hopefully a Scottish Cup, and maybe a EL quarter final appearance then they can make us a fortune. 

Archived