Raise a glass

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Brilliant.

Really could not disagree with a word of that.

I share his belief about the significance of this title. I’m older than David Edgar and I have no doubt that this is the most important league title in my lifetime.

His comments about loved ones who weren’t able to make it all the way was spot on too. We must reflect on that and enjoy on their behalf.

Outstanding podcast, well done DE.

I'll be 65 this year m8. I've seen us winning Titles before and celebrated accordingly but this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never before has so many tears been shed by so many.

In my lifetime this one is head and shoulders above all the rest.

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

I'll be 65 this year m8. I've seen us winning Titles before and celebrated accordingly but this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never before has so many tears been shed by so many.

In my lifetime this one is head and shoulders above all the rest.

So many tears on this forum tonight. For so many people and for so many reasons. 

Same here...heading towards 6 decades old aand remember most of the great and the shite times.

Went large on allsorts yesterday, didn'y sleep much as buzzin all night and up early then back on the beers late morning after a fry up.

Eyes burnin at watching that shite - no way did I think theyd (DU) hold out...then popped the champagne etc went as mad as you can when your not allowed... but afterwards have got the fact that this is such a big moment for our history that the realisation of this is going to be a slow burn...that never ever dies!

Indeed this is the best moment for me - and I saw us lift many trebles and the CWC (on old B&W tv).

But having watched million of videos today O realise I greet a lot - usually its when Steven Gerrard enters the frame.

At my age it says a lot for the man...

What a Fucking Day/What A Fucking TEAM!

The Famous RFC! 

(BTW it took me about half an hour to try to type this as I have have had champagne, gin, brandy, many beers, and a bottkle and a half of two good m,alts)

Sorry of this is a lot of pish... 

Love you all...love my team! (greetiun again now)

Much older pal of mine that I used to work with lost his brother yesterday - grew up and lived his whole life in Ibrox and of course loved Rangers.  Didn't know him personally nor had I ever met him so perhaps not my business to talk about but I had been following updates of his health - a few of the players actually sent a video message to him in recent weeks. Reached out to today and passed my condolences and was advised that shortly before he passed, family played Rangers songs for him in the hospice and tears streamed down his face.

I've been lucky personally but it hit hard and makes you think how many could not be here for this moment.

Will raise a glass for him and all others we've lost along the way.

Archived