If you were to pick one game..

G.E.C.

When did you start truly believing we could win the league? 

For me it was winning 1-0 against Kilmarnock away in November. We won at a venue where we really struggled at the previous two seasons and dug in that day. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

When did you start truly believing we could win the league? 

For me it was winning 1-0 against Kilmarnock away in November. We won at a venue where we really struggled at the previous two seasons and dug in that day. 

Honestly when we beat them first game of the season. It takes a really really good team to go to that dump and not only win but keep a clean sheet 

Kilmarnock was a big one. Before then had been more of the usual in terms of looking far superior to celtic in head to head games but dropping stupid points in games we should win like Livi & Hibs. We ground out a result the day of the Kilmarnock game and I think that’s when the mentality shifted.

Started believing after the way we swatted them aside in their own midden in October, the game where Kamara had the cigar out, but obviously nothing was guaranteed then.

Possibly when we won 1-0 at the junkies, but maybe when we beat Livi the other night :lol:

It's coming home. 

When we beat them at the piggery, then went on a run, playing excellent football and hammering teams. They didn't have that in them. 

We took a wee dip in form but still pulled out results, including the January 2nd game v Them. We're hitting some good form again, so hopefully it continues. 

There was something about the way we won at pork heid made me think this season was the one - there was desire and confidence and a will to win that was great to see and bode well for the season. 

Just now, B1872 said:

Today 

Totally agree, been following for 40+ years and brick myself every game whoever we’re playing against.  

Would normally say after it’s mathematically impossible but I reckon we can get 1 point from renaming fixtures (would never count on the other lot losing as they’ve got the luck of the devil)

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There was something about the way we won at pork heid made me think this season was the one - there was desire and confidence and a will to win that was great to see and bode well for the season. 

I genuinely believe that was the day that not only us, but that the team believed they could win the league.

The respect for them vanished and our guy knew we were better.

Possibly Motherwell at home just before Christmas. Came just after our worst result of the season and went behind early, I think that game showed the improved strength in mentality from the players this season and which has ultimately made them champions.

Probably later to the party as I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but my hopes have probably had 3 main points from our games and 1 from theirs.

Beating Motherwell 3-1 after being down 1-0 showed we had that fighting and winning spirit that we hadn't had in seasons before.

Obviously beating them at the start of the year, which put us in a great position, coupled with sending them on a downward spiral.

Beating Hibs at the end of January to confirm the start of the year dip was NOT going to happen, especially as it ended a difficult run of fixtures.

The "there's no chance this isn't happening" moment was them losing at home to St Mirren.

55 has been incoming for months and it's about to fucking land

Kilmarnock away was a big hurdle I'd earmarked, but 3-1 vs Motherwell at home springs to mind as well. Just off the back of the St Mirren defeat and 1-0 down in a scenario we'd struggled with before, had we dropped points there it would have lead to a tricky run. 

I was working during that game and couldn't get a look at my phone for the last 20 minutes. Fuckin torture.

Archived