If you were to pick one game..

G.E.C.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Goldson scoring a brace against the filth for me.

They couldn't even manage a shot on target.

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

When did you start truly believing we could win the league? 

For me it was winning 1-0 against Kilmarnock away in November. We won at a venue where we really struggled at the previous two seasons and dug in that day. 

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

When did you start truly believing we could win the league? 

After the 1st old firm - how could any bluenose NOT think we could do it after that?

The important word is "could" mind you, as although i'm fucking pished and cheesered the now it's only very recently i have believed we HAVE won the league.

3 hours ago, The Monk said:

Possibly Motherwell at home just before Christmas. Came just after our worst result of the season and went behind early, I think that game showed the improved strength in mentality from the players this season and which has ultimately made them champions.

That was a huge test especially given that Motherwell effectively played a 5-5-0 formation in the most negative display I’ve ever seen.

Would have been understandable dropping points that day but the grit we showed convinced me that this year was different.

Watershed moment for me.

St Mirren away just before turn of the year I’d say actually

When they’d beat us in the cup it felt set up for us to maybe have another collapse similar to what happened before yet after that we’d responded with four league wins in a row including some of the more difficult fixtures. I really felt at that point it was different this time 

Archived