'UEFA are watching' - Yet it seems only Rangers fans are being watched (Updated with UEFA response)

The Dude

Rangers fans have been told 'UEFA are watching' by Scottish Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf as well as interim Chief Medical Officer Jason Leitch as the Scottish Government make a ham-fisted attempt at threatening the Gers over fans' title celebrations - however it would appear that if UEFA are watching, it is only Rangers fans who are being watched.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/uefa-are-watching-yet-it-seems-only-rangers-fans-are-being-watched/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During this governments tenure 

The Nike cover up

Scotland Rugby v France at Murrayfield and in Italy, fans going back and forward between Covid rife nations

BLM protests - high profile high number public gatherings. 

celtic being allowed to travel to Dubai - celtic fans at their stadium 

German fans allowed to travel to Ibrox when Covid was rife there 

but aye Rangers, fanny 

If the Scottish government happen to loose games when England don’t - see Liverpool and Leeds (exact same situations) fucking shame on them they would have a lot of people to answer to for allowing that to happen... 

This looks like some groundwork laying from Scot Gov in the event that they fail to meet the UEFA deadline for submitting plans to hold the Euros in the summer. Attempting to establish an excuse that deflects from their incompetence. Shameless. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been told 'UEFA are watching' by Scottish Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf as well as interim Chief Medical Officer Jason Leitch as the Scottish Government make a ham-fisted attempt at threatening the Gers over fans' title celebrations - however it would appear that if UEFA are watching, it is only Rangers fans who are being watched.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/uefa-are-watching-yet-it-seems-only-rangers-fans-are-being-watched/

Yet again, Big Bad Rangers!  Fuck them all. 

Most folk have watched BLM protests, most have watched Scotland fans celebrating, Celtic fans remonstrating and St Johnstone fans celebrating, yet it seems it’s only a crime when it’s Rangers. I didn’t go to Ibrox yesterday because my dad is on the shielding list and it would be selfish to do so. Today or in 2 weeks I will share a drink with my brother who is in our bubble and when I think it’s safe I will join my mates for one helluva party. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🍺🍺🍺

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Looks like Humza and his club are hurting 🥳😂😂

Vote winner - Euro matches at Hampden because fans allowed in.

Vote loser - Euro matches not at Hampden because Sturgeon wont allow fans in.

How do they get around it - say that Uefa pulled games from Hampden because of Rangers fans.

Can read they cunts like a book now.

As a lifelong Rangers fan that has never lived in Scotland and therefore am not quite so used to the Scottish media culture, I can say that the only credible potential media story about us winning the league is one of an incredible 10 year comeback story against almost all odds and with enough drama to create a blockbuster film. It should be celebrated broadly by the country (I realise that makes me a fantasist).

Any news outlet that runs with anything other than that regarding 55 and it’s celebrations are just showing themselves up for either being bitter or just succumbing to the modern clickbait “look at the bad thing” phenomenon.

It’s sad really.

We know that according to the letter of the law we shouldn’t have been there but the reasons were highlighted amazingly by the manager. We’ve been to hell and back as a support. We were good natured, there were no arrests and no damage. It isn’t the Club’s fault or responsibility. 

All I see is a thinly veiled excuse from the SNP or the usual suspects to deflect from their own bitterness or incompetence. It will boil their blood seeing such a proud display of Scottish and British behaviour on our streets.  Our actions have nothing to do with the Scottish government dragging its feet about Euro matches, and to copy UEFA into tweets is a petty own goal on their part. If it winds them up good. Personally, anything that winds that mob up is probably the right thing to do, and is good for Scotland because it means we are back to challenge the anti-Rangers inward looking nonsense that got its foot in the door. 

copied and pasted from another source

Nicola Sturgeon has just been on TV venting her anguish at the sight of Thousands of Rangers Fans breaking the Lockdown Rules at Ibrox today, demanding an explanation from Rangers ...

A Rangers Spokesman has commented by replying....

*They can’t recall the incident..

*Nothing happened to the best of their knowledge

*They have no knowledge of the incident

*We can’t answer that question

* We don’t know

* We were not aware

* We don’t recall

* we’d need to check the detail

* We’re not 100% sure

* We can’t recall any incident

If it’s good enough for her then it’s good enough for us ....

7 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

As a lifelong Rangers fan that has never lived in Scotland and therefore am not quite so used to the Scottish media culture, I can say that the only credible potential media story about us winning the league is one of an incredible 10 year comeback story against almost all odds and with enough drama to create a blockbuster film. It should be celebrated broadly by the country (I realise that makes me a fantasist).

Any news outlet that runs with anything other than that regarding 55 and it’s celebrations are just showing themselves up for either being bitter or just succumbing to the modern clickbait “look at the bad thing” phenomenon.

It’s sad really.

I'd massively disagree with that. Just because a good thing has happened doesn't mean you ignore the bad. We'll put out somewhere around 20-30 stories today. I'd not be doing my job if I didn't cover the whole range of stuff that is going on today.

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Vote winner - Euro matches at Hampden because fans allowed in.

Vote loser - Euro matches not at Hampden because Sturgeon wont allow fans in.

How do they get around it - say that Uefa pulled games from Hampden because of Rangers fans.

Can read they cunts like a book now.

We see it coming so the evidence will be ready if they try it.  

Archived