'UEFA are watching' - Yet it seems only Rangers fans are being watched (Updated with UEFA response)

The Dude

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been told 'UEFA are watching' by Scottish Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf as well as interim Chief Medical Officer Jason Leitch as the Scottish Government make a ham-fisted attempt at threatening the Gers over fans' title celebrations - however it would appear that if UEFA are watching, it is only Rangers fans who are being watched.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/uefa-are-watching-yet-it-seems-only-Rangers-fans-are-being-watched/

Great article mate. Exactly the kind of thing we need in the media highlighting the clear double standards.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd massively disagree with that. Just because a good thing has happened doesn't mean you ignore the bad. We'll put out somewhere around 20-30 stories today. I'd not be doing my job if I didn't cover the whole range of stuff that is going on today.

I understand that, and to be clear where I wasn’t previously, I’ve put my thoughts on the media angle on 55 in this thread but I’m talking about a more general point that I’ve observed and also see coming e.g. as the government start to paint Rangers fans as the bad guys etc. 

The negatives are valid but should be little blips lying at the side of what is otherwise the main story of 10 years of comeback. We will have to see if I’m right or not but i doubt the balance will be as it should.

It seems not many people outside of the Rangers circle want to talk about that huge story to the level it deserves.

Maybe once it’s officially declared then there will be an outpouring. But maybe not...

Just now, Master_Betty said:

I understand that, and to be clear where I wasn’t previously, I’ve put my thoughts on the media angle on 55 in this thread but I’m talking about a more general point that I’ve observed and also see coming e.g. as the government start to paint Rangers fans as the bad guys etc. 

The negatives are valid but should be little blips lying at the side of what is otherwise the main story of 10 years of comeback. We will have to see if I’m right or not but i doubt the balance will be as it should.

It seems not many people outside of the Rangers circle want to talk about that huge story to the level it deserves.

Maybe once it’s officially declared then there will be an outpouring. But maybe not...

Tbh the overwhelming majority of stuff this morning is along those lines.

52 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

During this governments tenure 

The Nike cover up

Scotland Rugby v France at Murrayfield and in Italy, fans going back and forward between Covid rife nations

BLM protests - high profile high number public gatherings. 

celtic being allowed to travel to Dubai - celtic fans at their stadium 

German fans allowed to travel to Ibrox when Covid was rife there 

but aye Rangers, fanny 

If the Scottish government happen to loose games when England don’t - see Liverpool and Leeds (exact same situations) fucking shame on them they would have a lot of people to answer to for allowing that to happen... 

Exactly. 

This is taigs at work. 

No more shall we be silenced or sullied. 

For me the simple reply is:

If the police do not have the nubers or ability to disperse the crowd yesterday, how can the club be held accountable?

Yes anyone on camera yesterday could find a fine coming to them (i would expect 99% of police to be trawling the internet looking for as many videos as possible), which as annoying as it is they should be be prepared for that. (and i don't think it would have made much differnce)

Time to ignore this insufferable narrative. For to long we have listened and let ourselves be sullied by it. 

It's been damned if we do or don't. 

From here on in its our way or no way. The taigs can all wet their pampers on their victimhood Republican narrative all they want, but we will be fools no more and ignore it. We will from here on in celebrate our culture, our heritage, our values, our victories as we desire and will not be dictated to by those poisonous cunts peddling the taig agenda. 

Too fucking many have been too ready to appease as we have been suffocated at every turn by their narrative. 

We have nothing to be ashamed of, unlike others we know, so It ends now and they can all now go fuck themselves. 

She won’t give UEFA guarantees over fans because if she did she’d need to allow the clubs to have fans back in and she won’t do it so Hampden won’t get the games 

What she was always going to do was blame it on us when her the real problem is her unwillingness to even discuss when we might be out of this lockdown 

She’d do well to remember that lockdowns are an extreme measure, not a default position 

Archived