'UEFA are watching' - Yet it seems only Rangers fans are being watched (Updated with UEFA response)

The Dude

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bbc news main page at the moment on their running latest news story ticker.  this was literally grabbed 2 minutes ago.

8 minutes ago Stay home or risk losing the Euros, Rangers fans warned8mStay home or risk losing the Euros, Rangers fans warned

24 minutes ago French region begins month of weekend lockdowns24mFrench region begins month of weekend lockdowns

44 minutes ago NHS 1% pay offer 'reprehensible' - Labour44mNHS 1% pay offer 'reprehensible' - Labour

Fuck the bbc (this is not on the ticker, but in my view it should be).

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

She won’t give UEFA guarantees over fans because if she did she’d need to allow the clubs to have fans back in and she won’t do it so Hampden won’t get the games 

What she was always going to do was blame it on us when her the real problem is her unwillingness to even discuss when we might be out of this lockdown 

She’d do well to remember that lockdowns are an extreme measure, not a default position 

They can’t maintain lockdowns either if fans  from whatever teams are playing at hampden come. 

They would also need hotels bars restaurants to be open. 

Set the alarm for presser questions to FM tomorrow at the covid briefing. Will be interesting indeed. Whether you agree or disagree with the bears turning up yesterday, no blame whatsoever should be put at the door of the club. If so, then it will be the club's fault if I get an on the spot fine for not waring a mask in Asda tomorrow, and I'm wearing my bears top. It's outwith the clubs control what any bear does outside the premises of Ibrox Stadium. Police Scotland and Scotgov were well aware of what was going to happen yesterday. As for Eufa, fuck them.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been told 'UEFA are watching' by Scottish Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf as well as interim Chief Medical Officer Jason Leitch as the Scottish Government make a ham-fisted attempt at threatening the Gers over fans' title celebrations - however it would appear that if UEFA are watching, it is only Rangers fans who are being watched.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/uefa-are-watching-yet-it-seems-only-rangers-fans-are-being-watched/

Heard that yesterday. Reeks of shite.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Club should ask that prick to back up his claims UEFA are watching, surely for him to make such a statement he must have heard directly from UEFA?

Its a lie and no coincidence that its just after the story coming out about Glasgow and Dublin probably getting the games taken off them because of lack of commitment from the governments. 

If anything the SG and the Scottish footballing authorities should be using the remaining spl games to start piloting the return of fans.  

I don’t agree with vaccine passports but if that’s the standard for entry then so be it.

Testing before and after also needs done which is all going to cost cash but that’s going to be the costs if they want the euros to go ahead.

Plus it gets us in for trophy day and hopefully the so called computer will give us Ibrox for the last game of the season and against them.

I don't see the issue with UEFA and EURO2020 being linked directly to us. Even if Hampden was shut to fans, or not selected. Are you trying to tell me that if Scotland beat England at Wembley/qualified for the next phase, then George Sq wouldn't be mobbed out with Tartan Army??? The cat is out of the bag with football crowds now.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Its a lie and no coincidence that its just after the story coming out about Glasgow and Dublin probably getting the games taken off them because of lack of commitment from the governments. 

They have already accepted that the EUROS are over for Glasgow, now along comes the perfect scapegoats.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I don't see the issue with UEFA and EURO2020 being linked directly to us. Even if Hampden was shut to fans, or not selected. Are you trying to tell me that if Scotland beat England at Wembley/qualified for the next phase, then George Sq wouldn't be mobbed out with Tartan Army??? The cat is out of the bag with football crowds now.

People have been told to stay at home for best part of a year now aside from brief spells of restrictions being eased a bit. Mentally the population is fed up, football fans of any club celebrating like this is just part of it 

Were uefa watching when celtic fans committed crimes throwing fences and attack police etc 

were they watching when Scotland players were jumping about after a UEFA tournament 

no 

so fuck them and fuck fare 

can you see us now ya bunch of hating bastards 

Uefa are watching are they are. So they will have seen protests, riots and other celebrations before us yesterday. 

Typical attempt to point finger at us when it's the SNP that can't guarantee crowds that will see hampden lose euro games. 

UPDATE:

UEFA have distanced themselves from claims they could remove Glasgow as a host city for Euro 2020 as a result of Rangers fans celebrating the club’s title win – reiterating their commitment to hosting games in all 12 cities originally selected.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/exclusive-uefa-respond-to-claims-rangers-fans-hurting-euro-2020-hopes/

Archived