***** The Official Slavia Praha v Rangers Match Thread *****

This mob are undefeated domestically and have had some great results against big European outfits like Sevilla, Dortmund, Chelsea etc...

...which means they're exactly the kind of team to be put right in their place by the Famous 🇬🇧 0-1, Morelos easy ok

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looking forward to the game tonight , a score draw or better would put us in prime position to qualify.

Been said they might target young Patterson, anyone think it might be an idea to take the defensive shackles off the lad and tell him to go for it.

Might pin them back a bit on that side.

Defence and forward-line picks itself apart from that right position, since I’m assuming it’s too soon for Roofe to start..

Do you have Kamara, Jack and Davis tonight then have to pick one out of Arfield, Aribo and Hagi or take out a CDM for one more attacking option? 

love Aribo on the ball and European nights bring the best out of Hagi but think we might need Arfield’s engine for at least 70 minutes.

Prague away in Europe

Lost 4-0 leverkusen 

Lost 3-1 beer sheva 

In champions league qualifying lost 4-1 to midtjylland

Fair enough have beaten lecister and Nice away but them apart that clearly a team that struggle on the road. 

Any positive result gives us a fantastic chance next week 

Just now, chris182 said:

Close game tonight, wonder if Gerrard will look to keep it tight rather than go gung ho.

Think we could see plenty of goals tbf. Clearly this mob are a step up from antwerp but we shouldn't fear them 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Close game tonight, wonder if Gerrard will look to keep it tight rather than go gung ho.

We’ll see with the team selection but I reckon we’ll sit in and hit them on the counter as I think they are vulnerable to that as they hold a high line.

I think that this type of tie could suit us, can imagine we'd have been a more favourable tie for Slavia. Much like Braga last year, could mean they're a bit more attacking and play a higher line which has suited us in Europe in the last few years with the likes of Morelos and Kent ripping high lines apart.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Defence and forward-line picks itself apart from that right position, since I’m assuming it’s too soon for Roofe to start..

Do you have Kamara, Jack and Davis tonight then have to pick one out of Arfield, Aribo and Hagi or take out a CDM for one more attacking option? 

love Aribo on the ball and European nights bring the best out of Hagi but think we might need Arfield’s engine for at least 70 minutes.

Theres no Jack. Same team that played on Satuday I would think.

Shagger

Patterson   Goldson   Helander  Barisic

Davis

Aribo              Kamara

Arfield

Morelos             Kent 

Hagi for Arfield after 70 minutes / Roofe to feature at somepoint.

Archived