Club Statement - "be safe"

Assegai

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I’d like to see us quit with the public parties until title presentation day. If we continue with them I can see twisted nippy and the police setting up barricades to prevent people from congregating outside Ibrox or George Sq

Read it there 

The club have been outstanding btw would've been so easy to buckle under the intense pressure applied by our haters yesterday and realese a statement that killed the mood.

FFS the first minister was tweeting the club directly telling them to tell us to go home. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

She’s gonna go nuts the day 

4 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

That happens im in Glasgow in under 5 hours. See you at Ibrox mate. :thumbup:

Teftong

Fire up the Quattro

I reckon on my ZZR I could be there in around that time 2 :lol:

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Read it there 

The club have been outstanding btw would've been so easy to buckle under the intense pressure applied by our haters yesterday and realese a statement that killed the mood.

FFS the first minister was tweeting the club directly telling them to tell us to go home. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's what you're dealing with these days, the first minister of Scotland tagging Rangers twitter page looking for a response...as if Park/Robertson are the ones sitting on the other end of the Twitter feed sharing videos and not some wee admin worker. 

Swinney's in on it as well now - The deputy first minister says the government's "extreme disappointment" will be made clear to the team management.

Rather than Police it properly if they think it's that big a deal they decide it should be up to a FOOTBALL club to issue a message which the people who want to go and celebrate would ignore anyway...

We are as bad as the taigs and papish media for blowing this out of proportion. They done fuck all about the filth rioting , Uefa dont give a fuck its the taigs contacting them trying to get them to react.

Stop making new threads on it every hour.

Move along , we have a big game on Thursday......

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

That's what you're dealing with these days, the first minister of Scotland tagging Rangers twitter page looking for a response...as if Park/Robertson are the ones sitting on the other end of the Twitter feed sharing videos and not some wee admin worker. 

Swinney's in on it as well now - The deputy first minister says the government's "extreme disappointment" will be made clear to the team management.

Rather than Police it properly if they think it's that big a deal they decide it should be up to a FOOTBALL club to issue a message which the people who want to go and celebrate would ignore anyway...

The police marched 2000 from Ibrox to George Square yesterday they've been fantastic all weekend 

I'm not sure Gerrard will be happy he's been put on the statement like that. In the video he does state the people above him at the club will be looking after the message as well. They haven't been visible.

I do think on reflection the club could have released something over the weekend whether that be Saturday when the gathering started. I wouldn't change the celebrations for anything and dont want to spoil the party but SG has been hung out here on the statement. Our board should have been ready as should the Police. They knew it was coming.

There could have been a bit more from above the Manager.

28 minutes ago, Madina said:

Personally I’d like to see us quit with the public parties until title presentation day. If we continue with them I can see twisted nippy and the police setting up barricades to prevent people from congregating outside Ibrox or George Sq

Shut up 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Can someone post the statement because I can't see these twitter posts !! 

DURING the last number of weeks, Rangers can confirm that we initiated open dialogue with key stakeholders in relation to the possibility of us achieving a historic 55th league title.

We have proactively engaged with our local MP, the Justice Minister, the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and the SPFL in relation to maintaining a cohesive message regarding public safety during the Covid-19 pandemic.

We understand the jubilance of our support across the world who recognise this has been a historic year for the club.

Nevertheless, it has been of great frustration for all football fans across the world that they have not been able to watch their team within stadiums, especially for the loyal Rangers season-ticket holders who have stood by this football club through thick and thin in the last decade.

We reiterate the message from our manager, Steven Gerrard, who highlighted that fans should adhere to government guidelines – stay safe, socially distance and look after each other in this difficult time.

We are aware there is the possibility of more, significant milestones within this season, and we will continue to proactively engage with key stakeholders to maintain a cohesive message in relation to government guidance at this present time.

We look forward to further open dialogue with the government, police, SPFL and other key stakeholders.

Basically telling Swinney and the rest of go fuck themselves.

27 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Read it there 

Club missed a trick yesterday by not doing it in advance to cover their arses before the politicians. It wouldn't have killed the mood.

Lead balloon here, but I would say there shouldn't be any further big gatherings until its been demonstrated it doesn't cause a spike in covid infections. We got a freebie yesterday, I don't think it will be as friendly the next time. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

DURING the last number of weeks, Rangers can confirm that we initiated open dialogue with key stakeholders in relation to the possibility of us achieving a historic 55th league title.

We have proactively engaged with our local MP, the Justice Minister, the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and the SPFL in relation to maintaining a cohesive message regarding public safety during the Covid-19 pandemic.

We understand the jubilance of our support across the world who recognise this has been a historic year for the club.

Nevertheless, it has been of great frustration for all football fans across the world that they have not been able to watch their team within stadiums, especially for the loyal Rangers season-ticket holders who have stood by this football club through thick and thin in the last decade.

We reiterate the message from our manager, Steven Gerrard, who highlighted that fans should adhere to government guidelines – stay safe, socially distance and look after each other in this difficult time.

We are aware there is the possibility of more, significant milestones within this season, and we will continue to proactively engage with key stakeholders to maintain a cohesive message in relation to government guidance at this present time.

We look forward to further open dialogue with the government, police, SPFL and other key stakeholders.

Thanks mate 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Good statement.

No criticism of the support but making it difficult for anyone to hold the club responsible, though we know they’ll do it anyway.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Club missed a trick yesterday by not doing it in advance to cover their arses before the politicians. It wouldn't have killed the mood.

That club statement with the managers comments from before and after the match clearly shows we thought of it in advance and done everything we could. 

What more do they want? Fences up surrounding Ibrox like the tarriers done with the tattie dome? 

The club done their part. Individuals can do what they want.

Fuck the haters.

Archived