Club Statement - "be safe"

Assegai

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m looking forward to the next mass gatherings which will be party at the piggery.

make no doubt about the fenian and nat are greetin into their cornflakes and it’s wonderful πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ Ώ

18 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We are as bad as the taigs and papish media for blowing this out of proportion. They done fuck all about the filth rioting , Uefa dont give a fuck its the taigs contacting them trying to get them to react.

Stop making new threads on it every hour.

Move along , we have a big game on Thursday......

A club statement is worth a thread.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

That club statement with the managers comments from before and after the match clearly shows we thought of it in advance and done everything we could.Β 

What more do they want? Fences up surrounding Ibrox like the tarriers done with the tattie dome?Β 

The club done their part. Individuals can do what they want.

Fuck the haters.

All I mean is the club should have tacked on a generic 'we ask fans to celebrate appropriately andΒ respect social distancing guidelines' on to the end of a tweet yesterday. I'm not particularly bothered about the fallout, was going to happen regardless.

Β 

Β 

The government need to come out with some stern words so everyone and their dug don't decide to start gathering. So I don't think there's any problem with them coming out and complaining about it.

At the same time I'm sure they know it was a momentous occasion for a huge chunk of the city, and so some mass gatherings were always on the cards. Would've been the same if the scum did 10iar, possibly worse even.Β 

But I wouldn't agree this is some kind of carte blanche for fuck the SNP and their lockdown. End of the day were baw deep in a pandemic and it would be a PR disaster if our support were responsible for a spike in cases, hospitalisations and deaths. And we'll need to wait a couple of weeks to see what transpires on that.Β 

2 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Surely there won't be many more public gatherings until trophy day anyway?

It was always going to happen yesterday, the mix of delight and alcohol always has its downsides.

Of course it was and everyone knew it, all that was up for opinion was how much spin and liability would be directed towards the club by people we expected to point the β€˜righteous’ finger of hypocrisy...

Over and above this monumental achievement, so many ordinaryΒ people have been literally cut off from friends, family and society for so long something was going to give at some point. It would have been exactly the same if they had achieved their holy grail of 10 (9.5), or if a black person had died at the hands of perceived racism (not even in our country), the only difference is how the politicians and MSM portray it...

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

End of the day were baw deep in a pandemic and it would be a PR disaster if our support were responsible for a spike in cases, hospitalisations and deaths. And we'll need to wait a couple of weeks to see what transpires on that.Β 

We'll just add that spike to the spikes that never happened after the BLM protests, when people went to the beaches, when pubs reopened and when schools first reopened. Not being deliberately churlish but historical data suggests the risk is very low.

Just now, Assegai said:

We'll just add that spike to the spikes that never happened after the BLM protests, when people went to the beaches, when pubs reopened and when schools first reopened. Not being deliberately churlish but historical data suggests the risk is very low.

Anecdotally that seems to be the case. The support is a bit different in probably more pished, hugging, shouting and singing. But aye it'll certainly be interesting to see and my guess would be there will be no spike.Β 

The club should have put out a statement like

"Glasgow Rangers and the supporters were caught unaware by the events of the other team of Glasgow laying down and surrendering to Dundee United which was completely unseen by us.

The over exuberance shown yesterday was a buildup of ten years being kicked from everyone in Scotland but it should not happen again, well until we win the cup.

The police officer who fell on his arse trying to hold the crowd back for Stevie G is not our fault.

The club would like to urge all fans to get over their hangover and get back to work tomorrow."

If any bear considers voting for that showers of Rangers hating scum then they can get themselves so far to fuck.

Fuck Swinney, Sturgeon,Terry Munro and the lot of them there was fuck all Rangers as a club could have done to prevent what happened over the weekend except for not running away with the league and then giving the taigs there tainted 10.

Fuck the SNP and their followers.

12 minutes ago, Assegai said:

It's a new variant which is more contagious than the original, guess we will see if that is the case.

Just now, AGM_72 said:

That piece of shit should shut his cunt mouth.

β€œAtrocious” was the word he used.

I must be getting Sturgeonitis because I can’t remember all this bed wetting when hordes of unwashed needed barriers to stop them attacking their own players and management.

4 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

That piece of shit should shut his cunt mouth.

Think he may have more pressing matters on his plate,Β Β however it was an ideal opportunity for him to deflect from them.Β 
Β 

It was a few thousand in a nation of more than 5 million. Worst case a few hundred fit young football fans get infected.

The mainstream media are vomiting their hate, because that's what they do,and politicians are trying to blame everyone but themselves for the shambles they themselves have created. Tens of thousands are dead on their watch,and they are desperately seeking someone to blame.

What a shithole of a country.

Club arent be and won’t be held responsible, but wouldn’t be surprised if there were big consequences for the crowds (ending season early etc). Nobody to blame but ourselvesΒ 

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Personally I’d like to see us quit with the public parties until title presentation day. If we continue with them I can see twisted nippy andΒ the police setting up barricades to prevent people from congregating outside Ibrox or George Sq

10 years. What the fuck did anyone expect? The world doesn’t stop turning.Β 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

All that needs said is the black lives matter demos nothing said so the government can fuck off

Glasgow Rangers champions 55

Quite the opposite if I recall, certain MSP praise and commendation for these gatherings, ignoring the issues the police faced in dealing with elements of these idiots...

Archived