Club Statement - "be safe"

Assegai

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Personally I’d like to see us quit with the public parties until title presentation day. If we continue with them I can see twisted nippy and the police setting up barricades to prevent people from congregating outside Ibrox or George Sq

Fuck off!  We’re blamed all the time. Doesn’t matter what we do, we get shit on. This was a day for the fans. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's a new variant which is more contagious than the original, guess we will see if that is the case.

I understand - I'm definitely desensitised to the constant media fearmongering though.

21 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Club arent be and won’t be held responsible, but wouldn’t be surprised if there were big consequences for the crowds (ending season early etc). Nobody to blame but ourselves 

Fuck off.

24 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Club arent be and won’t be held responsible, but wouldn’t be surprised if there were big consequences for the crowds (ending season early etc). Nobody to blame but ourselves 

There won't be any consequences like that at all. Stop believing the scaremongering.

They will use it as a tool to play politics with and so that sturgeon can give everyone a row and remind us all that there's a pandemic on and that she is in charge.

It is a predicable reaction from a government that hates everything we stand for as an institution. Backed by the usual media suspects. 

I said before that while large gatherings shoudn't happen, it was always going to happen and our fans were in glorious celebratory mood, not intent on harm or riot, only revelling in our success after years of pain. It is totally understandable but frankly glorious to see. There have been minor instances of idiots letting the side down. They will be appropriately dealt with. Also there have been accidents involving benches. If you ignore the overreaction again in the media you only need to look at the response of decent bears everywhere to that and the almost immediate way we are making it right. Lets see if that is reported. I didn't see the same outcry against Liverpool fans, St Johnstone fans or celtic fans. Why? Because we are in the grip of a government that hates to see our flags and our success. Seeing us yesterday is like Kryptonite to Superman. It weakens their message and their agenda and they hate us for it.  

I see some politicians criticising the police. On the contrary, they should be praised for their response of largely restraint, on the back of what I said above with a large peaceful group. What would these politicians have the police do? Go steaming into peaceful fans with horses and batons etc. It was clearly a difficult situation for the police on the back of the current COVID guidance but I think the police commanders used their experience and handled it very well. To do otherwise would have been far worse.  

Also we have Swinney and Yusuf saying the club were silent. These are embarrassing statements for elected people to make. The club have been clever in the statement splicing together Gerrard's interviews over the last week where he has mentioned COVID and the Club's position in every single one.  This is hardly a deafening silence. Also they have highlighted the engagement with the government for weeks. The job of Rangers, while to be responsible and comply with the law is not to act as a mouthpiece for the Scottish Government's agenda at the time of one of our most important triumphs. The club have handled it correctly in my opinion and should not entertain these attacks. We need to rise above their agenda and focus on the game on Thursday.  

Everything about that mob is anti-Rangers, inward looking and frankly unpleasant. In my view they are incompatible with supporting our club, terrible for Scotland and the sooner there is a chance to replace them the better.  

Never going to criticise fans for celebrating. That was 10 years of hurt being let off and joy at finally being back on top.

Really pissed me off but the SNP shite especially Yousaf. Uefa are watching my arse. That's a deliberate attempt to throw blame at us because the SNP can't guarantee fans in hampden for the euros. 

30 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

That's complete, scaremongering bullshit mate. 

5 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Go on social media and see hundreds of youths gathering in clarkston on Friday night(seemingly going on for months) not a mention by snp.

You don't even need to do that, just head outdoors and walk anywhere built up. It's honestly like half the country is on holiday and there are groups of people gathered about. 

They say nothing about any of that at all because it suits their narrative to ignore it

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Never going to criticise fans for celebrating. That was 10 years of hurt being let off and joy at finally being back on top.

Really pissed me off but the SNP shite especially Yousaf. Uefa are watching my arse. That's a deliberate attempt to throw blame at us because the SNP can't guarantee fans in hampden for the euros. 

Fuck the euros. If it impacts the national side the club should release a statement saying “hahahahahahaha”

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Easy opportunity to put the boot in and they were no doubt thankful for it. Was always gonna happen regardless how big or small a gathering it was. A real handy smokescreen for what has been a horrendous couple of weeks for the incompetent nats.

Not much we can do about it apart from call out their hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Ruling with fear and disinformation. Throw a wee threatening there and their supporters usually lap it up. 

They treat us like five year olds.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

DURING the last number of weeks, Rangers can confirm that we initiated open dialogue with key stakeholders in relation to the possibility of us achieving a historic 55th league title.

We have proactively engaged with our local MP, the Justice Minister, the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and the SPFL in relation to maintaining a cohesive message regarding public safety during the Covid-19 pandemic.

We understand the jubilance of our support across the world who recognise this has been a historic year for the club.

Nevertheless, it has been of great frustration for all football fans across the world that they have not been able to watch their team within stadiums, especially for the loyal Rangers season-ticket holders who have stood by this football club through thick and thin in the last decade.

We reiterate the message from our manager, Steven Gerrard, who highlighted that fans should adhere to government guidelines – stay safe, socially distance and look after each other in this difficult time.

We are aware there is the possibility of more, significant milestones within this season, and we will continue to proactively engage with key stakeholders to maintain a cohesive message in relation to government guidance at this present time.

We look forward to further open dialogue with the government, police, SPFL and other key stakeholders.

Basically telling Swinney and the rest of go fuck themselves.

Yup, and calling them out as liars.  

Plenty hyprocy from all the usual sources. 

Yes the pandemic is real and too many succumbed, but we have stood back and witnessed so much hypocrisy from governments as their own break the rules, the "peaceful" BLM protests and the like, but we are the bad guys?! 

Nothing new and they can all fuck off. 

Covid is government's new project fear to sully the population. Scanned the media this morning and again all gloom and doom and the articles nothing to do with Rangers. Now it's the new fucking flu next winter they're on about already and a bunch of new Covid vaccines along with it. More tens of billions if not trillions to be made. I get the need, but not the fear the cunts are peddling with it. Just get fucking on with it and let us get on with our lives. 

We have tens of millions mixing every day at governments behest, all to do with the economy and fuck all to do with public health. The usual making billions out of this shit. Lockdown my fucking arse. 

Not buying into their bullshit any longer. By all means stick with the basic precautions, but as for all the rest they can fuck off. 

Time we woke up and smell the coffee. 

SNP doing what they do shocker.

That bastion of Britishism in Scotland must be shown to be irresponsible and an enemy and danger to the good and ordinary Scottish citizen. An opportunity to denigrate "anti-nationalist Brits" that was never going to be missed.

In all the things that's happened in the last few months....from nationalist gatherings and demonstrations, republican marches, BLM marches, protests bordering on riots at glitterdome, hundreds of cellic fans congregating at Hampden, hundreds of St.Johnstone fans gathering and celebrating in Perth, pictures of Scotland fans partying all over the country after qualification, literally hundreds of house parties being broken up every week, and the "winter parties" taking place in parks all across the country 2/3 weeks ago.....

....and what is the first thing that gets the FM, her useless deputy, her criminal Justice (sic) Miinister and the rest of them get into such a froth over COVID "breeches"....yup, you guessed it, the big bad British minded Rangers support. The problem is, it's useful and clever propaganda right when they need it, and the only people that see through it is us. Reinforces the narrative of "Britain Bad...vote for indy".

40 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Fuck off with that shite , you are on the wrong forum.......

If Scotland manage to fuck up hosting a Euros game while England potentially host one in a close to full stadium, fucking shame on them.

It would clearly mean England had better explained away incidents with both Leeds and Liverpool in a far better way, Leeds had a fucking team bus outside their stadium. 

No matter what we say or do we are always the bad guys. Governments need an enemy to deflect from their ills and we are it. 

Then there are the all comer haters. The self loathing, waiting in the shadows for us to put a foot wrong. 

Time we learned from it and fucking ignored it. We do our own thing, our way and they can do likewise, for one does not give one fuck what they do. 

Time we freed ourselves of these fucking shackles of guilt or whatever the fuck it is than goes on in some peoples minds, to cow tow to these bastards, as we are only playing into their hands. 

We are what we are. Nothing to be ashamed of unlike some others we know and everything be so very proud of. 

We shall be sullied no more and from here on in, its loud and proud and fuck the lot of them. 

Did anyone expect anything less from the snp an organisation that hates the sight of us.

Don't get me wrong its funny as fuck cause it's a living nightmare for them seeing scotland full of Union flags everywhere  😁😁😁😁

Archived