Club Statement - "be safe"

Assegai

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Madina said:

Personally I’d like to see us quit with the public parties until title presentation day. If we continue with them I can see twisted nippy and the police setting up barricades to prevent people from congregating outside Ibrox or George Sq

She can fucking try. Her deflection failed after another reported sex scandal got out this morning. 

Fuck you Nippy, ya wee boot. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm amazed at how many people believe the covid rules have been about saving their lives - it's been about saving the  NHS which is also showing how inadequate the NHS is. 

Ooft! Bang on the money there! 

We now have 6 MILLION non Covid wait listed in the NHS. Must be saving some amount of cash! 

A national scandal. The various Doctor associations have been saying it for years and all ignored. 

Problem now is, who the fuck is volunteering to go into hospital where you have the highest chance of catching the fucking thing. 

I saw the Ortho surgeon a few weeks ago for my fucked shoulder and he said best remedy was surgery, but not recommended due to high chance Covid infection. Not that I would have volunteered anyway, so it was a cortisone injection instead. 

Tens of millions mixing every day, but families not allowed to mix. Cant go here, can't go there. Don't do this, don't do that or the bogey man will get you! 

The daily round of government bullshit is exactly that. Can't fucking stomach any more of it. 

As I've said, let science and the medicos get on with their job and let us get on with our lives. 

35 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Just my thoughts not trying to upset anyone, they’ve been making threats all year 

Her threats are in reality because she is an ego driven maniac, worse happened in England last year and they have never ever considered booting their season because they know the economical fallout from it, same would apply here. 

Surely the blame should be laid at the door of celtic - no one was celebrating a Rangers result on Sunday!!

If they had put out a clear statement on their spinelessness prior to the match on Sunday and asked fans not to rip the pish out of their inept defence of the league title , then I think everyone would have behaved impeccably. As it was, their hapless capitulation had people flood out into the streets in a manner which could clearly exacerbate the on-going pandemic putting many fine Rangers fans at risk.

I expect a full apology 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Her threats are in reality because she is an ego driven maniac, worse happened in England last year and they have never ever considered booting their season because they know the economical fallout from it, same would apply here. 

You could be right mate

Club has done well, said enough that we can turn round to the government and police and say that they discouraged fans from gathering but didn’t condemn the fans that did 

Perfectly handled IMO, just shows how connected everyone involved is at the moment

The team gets it and the people at the top get it 

1 hour ago, Heshootshescores said:

I won't be taking lectures from Sturgeon, and her corrupt shower about anything..least of all COVID rules.

Thought I’d get a take on the BBC’s coverage (BBC news not the Scottish nonsense) of last night.
As expected laying it on heavy, showing Swinney’s havering statement ‘lack of leadership from the club’ ‘silence I’d deafening’ etc etc, they then go to Clare Adamson MSP (Convener Scottish Parliament Education Committee) who quotes ‘violent vandalism in George Square’, repercussions for the club etc.

You could see the bitterness staring out of her. Having anything to to with the facilitation of Scottish education atm, or even anything concerning the SNP and moral responsibility.... people in glass houses should not really be throwing stones, clowns...

21 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Thought I’d get a take on the BBC’s coverage (BBC news not the Scottish nonsense) of last night.
As expected laying it on heavy, showing Swinney’s havering statement ‘lack of leadership from the club’ ‘silence I’d deafening’ etc etc, they then go to Clare Adamson MSP (Convener Scottish Parliament Education Committee) who quotes ‘violent vandalism in George Square’, repercussions for the club etc.

You could see the bitterness staring out of her. Having anything to to with the facilitation of Scottish education atm, or even anything concerning the SNP and moral responsibility.... people in glass houses should not really be throwing stones, clowns...

Interesting also to compare with the much more jovial, less covid centric coverage of Liverpools celebrations...https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-53187158

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

They were out of lockdown at the time.

BULL.FUCKING.SHIT.

At the time Liverpool won the league people were being told to stay within the bubble of their household 

Liverpool fans slammed for breaking lockdown rules as Merseyside Police make statement 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1301309/Liverpool-Fans-Breaking-Lockdown-Rules-Merseyside-Police-Statement

5 hours ago, CumbernauldBear said:

Swinney, Sturgeon, Anwar, etc etc etc can all gtf.

a simple Rangers statement that we forgot to tell fans not to party should be ok, I’m sure forgetting things is an appropriate defence in Scotland nowadays

There was no urging the scum club ,telling their scummy fans to stay away, when they were rioting every week near Christmas time, due to covid . I certaintly can't recall the government ministers getting involved until the bheasts went to Dubai 

The centrality of the SNP Scottish Govt spokespersons criticism is to assert lack of effective leadership by Rangers.   I think the Club Statement is a measured rebuttal of that charge, as are the video clips of the statements made by the Manager,    I'm sure the Club could say more if it wanted to.  Go on the front foot even by calling out the catastrophic (and life ending) leadership failures of the SNP Govt during the pandemic.   But that would enter the Club into deeper political matters so I guess the sort of measured ....'we're ahead of the game on this so belt up'......response is all we can expect.

Off topic so apologies in advance, but many will have seen - and continue to see - the social media clips of various protest responses by the public in countries like Denmark, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands in relation to lockdown measures.   And compare also to the Swedish response to the CCP virus.   None of which, or very little of which, is reported by British mainstream media.     The point being that a balance needs to be struck between sensible public health measures and life carrying on as near normal as possible, especially given the continuing success of the vaccines.   The SNP Govt has taken autocracy to new levels.  If that continues then Scotland moves closer and closer to becoming a country where state capitalism and authoritarian rule go hand in glove to suppress and cancel those who are not in the political or business or media elites.   

Coming back to the Scot Gov criticism of 'lack of leadership' maybe the Rangers Board might yet find itself being prepared to share the responses received from Scot Gov agencies to the Club reaching out on a pro-active basis to try to ensure cohesive messages.   Put differently, share the emails, tweets, notes of meetings and the like and shame the Govt.  Why do that?  Well if there are future events where the Club enjoys further success, and especially when it comes to the title celebrations when the trophy is handed over then the Club will want to be wary of Supporter reaction being classed as civil disobedience and policed and prosecuted accordingly under autocratic Covid powers.   The Scot Govt blame game messaging, and the Rangers Board response may only be opening salvos for the way the next few months go.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The centrality of the SNP Scottish Govt spokespersons criticism is to assert lack of effective leadership by Rangers.   I think the Club Statement is a measured rebuttal of that charge, as are the video clips of the statements made by the Manager,    I'm sure the Club could say more if it wanted to.  Go on the front foot even by calling out the catastrophic (and life ending) leadership failures of the SNP Govt during the pandemic.   But that would enter the Club into deeper political matters so I guess the sort of measured ....'we're ahead of the game on this so belt up'......response is all we can expect.

Off topic so apologies in advance, but many will have seen - and continue to see - the social media clips of various protest responses by the public in countries like Denmark, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands in relation to lockdown measures.   And compare also to the Swedish response to the CCP virus.   None of which, or very little of which, is reported by British mainstream media.     The point being that a balance needs to be struck between sensible public health measures and life carrying on as near normal as possible, especially given the continuing success of the vaccines.   The SNP Govt has taken autocracy to new levels.  If that continues then Scotland moves closer and closer to becoming a country where state capitalism and authoritarian rule go hand in glove to suppress and cancel those who are not in the political or business or media elites.   

Coming back to the Scot Gov criticism of 'lack of leadership' maybe the Rangers Board might yet find itself being prepared to share the responses received from Scot Gov agencies to the Club reaching out on a pro-active basis to try to ensure cohesive messages.   Put differently, share the emails, tweets, notes of meetings and the like and shame the Govt.  Why do that?  Well if there are future events where the Club enjoys further success, and especially when it comes to the title celebrations when the trophy is handed over then the Club will want to be wary of Supporter reaction being classed as civil disobedience and policed and prosecuted accordingly under autocratic Covid powers.   The Scot Govt blame game messaging, and the Rangers Board response may only be opening salvos for the way the next few months go.

Superb post mate :tu:

Archived