Jump to content

Club Statement - "be safe"


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The SNP has the mainstream media on its side.  It has a daily TV slot to spout its propaganda.   They have the apparatus of Govt and Govt websites as tools to influence their messaging.  They have personalities who are in the public eye daily to pitch the messaging.   They have Covid emergency powers to draw on, and further powers they can create as there is no effective opposition in Holyrood or even in the mainstream media.

Rangers does not have access to national TV or radio and (it seems) not much access to mainstream newspapers either.  There are no well known personalities who are regularly n front of TV cameras on a national basis to counter the points and to put the Rangers view and case.  

We can all complain in social media as much as we want to, and we probably will.  But it cuts very little ice in this cancel culture age we live in.    Politicians have discovered the taste for autocracy and they like it.  They have discovered how far the public can be pushed, and persuaded, and made to fear.  And they like the power and influence this gives them. Put that in the hands of a SNP leadership and Govt that has no effective opposition and no effective media challenge and the situation is simple.......they set the narrative without fear of any effective opposition.   

They are well aware of how effective 'cancel culture' has been recently and still is.  The only question for the SNP is how far they are prepared to push this.   Is it fire for political effect and the sky is bright for a while with flares of accusation and threat and counter-accusation and the thing settles down as another traditional Govt vs Rangers squabble.  Or does the SNP sense a chance to cancel Rangers?   

No conspiracies. But no co-incidences either.  Watching this space as the saying goes.  We've not seen the end game on this yet,

Welcome back RB. Hope you've been well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winning the Europa League is the next obvious milestone 

What a joke of a country, imagine blaming the club as if they're responsible for what fans do outside the stadium on match day, the bitterness is oozing out of these cunts And you've got to laugh

Parks letter to FM. Now let's get a public apology from the nationalist wankers.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I doubt that our board will take this attack on the club rather they will confront them head on.

Lies and more lies that are already disproven.

I think the Board has no alternative but to tackle head on.  A cancel culture needs to be met by cancelling the cancel culture.  

But lies are not the heart of the matter.   They should be but they are not. These days politicians can get away with blatant and persistent lying - so much so that its actually 'in the grill' lying which is not trying to be hid.   Its about who controls the narrative, the message.  If they have that control, and they have the mainstream media working with them, and big tech like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook Twitter then truth and a balanced alternative views are simply bulldoed aside.   The truth is only one way of looking at things.  If the SNP feels it has power to drive through a form of cancel Rangers culture then maybe they might have a go at it using Covid powers / fears as the bullwark.   Watching this space as the saying goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Almacger said:

This is way out of hand now, they are clearly trying to provoke, threaten and intimidate our club and supporters.  This is a fucking disgrace

Sadly nothing new there mate. It's in their DNA. Horrible fucking mutant bastards who think the world owes them. 

There only wish is to lord it over us and preferably be dead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Thank you.   Was not too well for a long while but recovered a bit now.  A recovery well helped by watching Rangers progress from the remote distance of news on the internet when I could get some help.  I'm so pleased to be in a good spell at present and was able to follow the very recent title winning run of games.   We'll see how things go but for now many thanks for your welcome.  I appreciate it.  Hope you enjoy the rest of what has been a glorious season. 

It is good to see you back RB. Definitely a blessing in these Covid times to watch the team do so well and in the manner they have achieved is something else. Still taking it in.  

As you can see from the tone of my posts that I remain somewhat unwell, but a cross I shall just have to bear. 

:lol:

 

Reformation Bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Talking about us “ this institution should be closed immediately “ little bastard

Do you honestly think he came out with that of his own accord?  He’s been used as a stooge so it can’t be laid at the snp door.  Watch out for the tweak to the green deal next month 

Bluekev likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The SNP has the mainstream media on its side.  It has a daily TV slot to spout its propaganda.   They have the apparatus of Govt and Govt websites as tools to influence their messaging.  They have personalities who are in the public eye daily to pitch the messaging.   They have Covid emergency powers to draw on, and further powers they can create as there is no effective opposition in Holyrood or even in the mainstream media.

Rangers does not have access to national TV or radio and (it seems) not much access to mainstream newspapers either.  There are no well known personalities who are regularly n front of TV cameras on a national basis to counter the points and to put the Rangers view and case.  

We can all complain in social media as much as we want to, and we probably will.  But it cuts very little ice in this cancel culture age we live in.    Politicians have discovered the taste for autocracy and they like it.  They have discovered how far the public can be pushed, and persuaded, and made to fear.  And they like the power and influence this gives them. Put that in the hands of a SNP leadership and Govt that has no effective opposition and no effective media challenge and the situation is simple.......they set the narrative without fear of any effective opposition.   

They are well aware of how effective 'cancel culture' has been recently and still is.  The only question for the SNP is how far they are prepared to push this.   Is it fire for political effect and the sky is bright for a while with flares of accusation and threat and counter-accusation and the thing settles down as another traditional Govt vs Rangers squabble.  Or does the SNP sense a chance to cancel Rangers?   

No conspiracies. But no co-incidences either.  Watching this space as the saying goes.  We've not seen the end game on this yet,

Thing is RB we can have access to national TV and Radio.  We have a global icon in Steven Gerrard.  We have politicians down south.  We need to be more political and have greater political savvy.    Social media should also be used much more as an avenue for us.  Charlie Nicholas spoke out earlier today against Sturgeon, there has to be a way, or ways, that Football as a collective can bring pressure to bear on these fuckers. Also, SNP has mainstream media in Scotland in its pocket, not so all of the UK mainstream media.

Blue Avenger and Teamgers like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Thing is RB we can have access to national TV and Radio.  We have a global icon in Steven Gerrard.  We have politicians down south.  We need to be more political and have greater political savvy.    Social media should also be used much more as an avenue for us.  Charlie Nicholas spoke out earlier today against Sturgeon, there has to be a way, or ways, that Football as a collective can bring pressure to bear on these fuckers. Also, SNP has mainstream media in Scotland in its pocket, not so all of the UK mainstream media.

What did he say mate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Thing is RB we can have access to national TV and Radio.  We have a global icon in Steven Gerrard.  We have politicians down south.  We need to be more political and have greater political savvy.    Social media should also be used much more as an avenue for us.  Charlie Nicholas spoke out earlier today against Sturgeon, there has to be a way, or ways, that Football as a collective can bring pressure to bear on these fuckers. Also, SNP has mainstream media in Scotland in its pocket, not so all of the UK mainstream media.

We have the added problem that football up here is run by the cabal. 

It's always about who gets in first and the damage is done. To the outsider we must look like aliens ready to eat weans when the haters go into overdrive mode up here, readily aided and abetted by the compliant media. 

Us taking the title could be the watershed moment to increase our influence and drain that swamp. It will be down to the club to take that opportunity and lead from the front. Whether we will is another matter, but the haters are doing their utmost to see that we don't. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

What did he say mate?

But the former celtic star wants Nicola Sturgeon and her Government to leave the politics to one side and give anxious supporters some guarantees.

Speaking to the Express, he said: "It would be an absolute embarrassment if Scotland aren't playing their European Championship finals games at Hampden in front of fans.

"But the embarrassment would be with the Scottish Government.

"We have all waited such a long time to qualify for a major tournament and it feels like they are trying to take it away from us.

"But I think it is all part of a game because we are close to an election.

"The politicians will be thinking, 'They might vote for us if we give them this good news'.

"They should be coming out and telling us that they are wholeheartedly supporting Hampden to get the go-ahead as a host venue this summer.

"The Government just wants to call the shots by saying that if you behave you might have a chance but if you don't then you won't. They are playing a dangerous game."

And Nicholas warned it's not only those in power who are allowed to share their views as he delivered a pointed message to one of the most prominent faces who has emerged since the pandemic started.

He added:"It's cringeworthy that these people can take so much away from football fans, from a game that gives so much. People can pick holes in the behaviour of players and fans, but I can also do the same with politicians.

"Nobody is perfect despite Jason Leitch trying to portray himself as the modern voice of Scottish football."

 

richles1872 and Teamgers like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We have the added problem that football up here is run by the cabal. 

It's always about who gets in first and the damage is done. To the outsider we must look like aliens ready to eat weans when the haters go into overdrive mode up here, readily aided and abetted by the compliant media. 

Us taking the title could be the watershed moment to increase our influence and drain that swamp. It will be down to the club to take that opportunity and lead from the front. Whether we will is another matter, but the haters are doing their utmost to see that we don't. 

 

Agreed BA on the cabal.  With Lawell stepping down we need to grasp the nettle now we've won the league.

Blue Avenger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

But the former celtic star wants Nicola Sturgeon and her Government to leave the politics to one side and give anxious supporters some guarantees.

Speaking to the Express, he said: "It would be an absolute embarrassment if Scotland aren't playing their European Championship finals games at Hampden in front of fans.

"But the embarrassment would be with the Scottish Government.

"We have all waited such a long time to qualify for a major tournament and it feels like they are trying to take it away from us.

"But I think it is all part of a game because we are close to an election.

"The politicians will be thinking, 'They might vote for us if we give them this good news'.

"They should be coming out and telling us that they are wholeheartedly supporting Hampden to get the go-ahead as a host venue this summer.

"The Government just wants to call the shots by saying that if you behave you might have a chance but if you don't then you won't. They are playing a dangerous game."

And Nicholas warned it's not only those in power who are allowed to share their views as he delivered a pointed message to one of the most prominent faces who has emerged since the pandemic started.

He added:"It's cringeworthy that these people can take so much away from football fans, from a game that gives so much. People can pick holes in the behaviour of players and fans, but I can also do the same with politicians.

"Nobody is perfect despite Jason Leitch trying to portray himself as the modern voice of Scottish football."

 

 No bad from that wanker for a change.

Amokachi likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 18 April 2021 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v celtic
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Cup

×
×
  • Create New...