Dave King Podcast

This is an unbelievable listen. Recorded today because he talks about calling Tav to congratulate him etc. 

Very insightful talks about the process of luring Gerrard and even the nuts and bolts of what happened when then took over and the amount of work that went on behind the scenes.

A Rangers legend. 

Superb Podcast, such a great listen.

Really genuine, and really insightful, gives you an idea of what was going on, touched on loads of stuff.

Man's a legend. Sure he's made mistakes, who hasn't. And when you listen to that and he says he knew the club was in a bad place with Ashley, Easdales etc, but didn't fully understand the total dereliction until they got in at the EGM, you really dread to think where we would have been without him.

Really nice when he was asked about unfurling the Champions flag, saying no, it's tradition to be the Chairman, and Douglas deserves it, but if asked, he would like to do it with him. 

Give that a listen Bears, really good :tu:

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Superb Podcast, such a great listen.

Really genuine, and really insightful, gives you an idea of what was going on, touched on loads of stuff.

Man's a legend. Sure he's made mistakes, who hasn't. And when you listen to that and he says he knew the club was in a bad place with Ashley, Easdales etc, but didn't fully understand the total dereliction until they got in at the EGM, you really dread to think where we would have been without him.

Really nice when he was asked about unfurling the Champions flag, saying no, it's tradition to be the Chairman, and Douglas deserves it, but if asked, he would like to do it with him. 

Give that a listen Bears, really good :tu:

I tell what really came across to me mate, the guy is sharp as tack. Couldn’t believe how astute he came across. Very modest when he said about Douglas Park being the one to unfurl the flag. I think we’d all love to see King be involved somehow when the day comes. 

39 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I tell what really came across to me mate, the guy is sharp as tack. Couldn’t believe how astute he came across. Very modest when he said about Douglas Park being the one to unfurl the flag. I think we’d all love to see King be involved somehow when the day comes. 

Very assured, confident, but genuine.

His only concern was being able to get back to Glasgow for when we can get back in the Stadium

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Douglas Park absolutely deserves to unfurl the flag.

Top class, from a man who should be very proud of what a remarkable turnaround has been achieved on the back of his efforts. 

Helped bring us back from the dead... 

Just listened to this. Fantastic listen which I’d encourage anyone who hasn’t heard it yet to get round to.

The guy’s an absolute legend. Yes, he’s had his detractors but he has balls of fucking steel and was there to be shot at/take on those trying to engineer the demise of the club when we needed it most.

And, he not only won but, on so many fronts, has been proved to be correct in his viewpoint.

Archived