55th Title Victory Celebrations - The Fallout

KingKirk

What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours.................

YESTERDAYS REPORTING

Police officers were assaulted while members of the public were arrested for using pyrotechnics and sectarian-related breaches of the peace.

TODAYS REPORTING

Police said no officers were injured and confirmed those arrested were aged 18 to 44.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Guessing no one has brought up the letter sent by Rangers to all the different stakeholders/agencies yet then?

There is no Letter

There never was a letter

What letter

Stories about a letter are not true

I can't remember a letter

There is still no letter

9 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yes seriously. Do you want football stopped because it will be seriously close now and will happen if there are crowds for the old firm.

I must say that I agree, our players wouldn't want football stopped, lets wait till the last game of the season where, hopefully, it's the Scottish cup final and then let our hair down, it's clear as day that they want us punished and they will, imo, stop the football if we have anymore large gatherings before the season finishes.

Listen any fair minded people would understand emotions took over at the weekend. It clearly wasn't great in this situation but there have been other examples similar. If straight after that our fans gather at parkhead or whatever then football will be stopped I fear and the scum will be allowed to let the teams wonderful season be talked about less than the fans breaking the rules. Its shite but surely we can wait until at least trophy day but maybe even mid summer the club could do something at ibrox.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

If thousands of people can protest in the city centre when the pandemic was at its worst then we can do whatever and wherever the fuck we want. 

Case closed, up yees. 

Not want to see us go further in Europe nah?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

UEFA aren't interested. 

I know that but the first minister is looking for assurances for our next league match to go ahead. That green party nonce is talking about us getting stopped willie rennie scare mongering etc.

It is not the responsibility of the Club to stop fans taking to the street and celebrating. 

We can issue all the good stay safe words, but it is down to the individual to decide to comply with the Covid rules or not. Thereafter its down to plod to deal with any breaches. 

For our part, we just need to be seen not to be encouraging any of it. 

Any shutdown of football would only be put of sheer spite and hatred, laying the blame firmly at our door, so as to turn the rest of the country against us,not that they aren't already, and that is what we need to be careful of. 

However, by that I am not looking for us to be sullied, but to the contrary, in that the club do what they want within the bounds of the rules  and very transparently to protect ourselves, whilst the fans can do whatever they want and if that means celebrating on the street, then so be it. 

We can see exactly what is going on here and we would be fools to fall for it, as they would have us exactly where they want us, sullied and silenced. 

Well, no fucking more! Fuck them. We just have to be a little smarter and see it coming. 

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Listen any fair minded people would understand emotions took over at the weekend. It clearly wasn't great in this situation but there have been other examples similar. If straight after that our fans gather at parkhead or whatever then football will be stopped I fear and the scum will be allowed to let the teams wonderful season be talked about less than the fans breaking the rules. Its shite but surely we can wait until at least trophy day but maybe even mid summer the club could do something at ibrox.

Show me any stuff from Rangers fans groups saying we are going to paedodome,there are numerous ones from taigs though.

Just now, Dickie said:

Show me any stuff from Rangers fans groups saying we are going to paedodome,there are numerous ones from taigs though.

Well let them, let us play smart and turn the tables on them, no point going there basically looking for a fight.

It's amazing how many still believe the rhetoric coming from Sturgeon. 

She has her tick list of actions. 

• Be the 'mammy' of the nation - dishing out tellings off to people 
  • Remind people she is in charge
  • Blame the Tories
  • Blame England
  • Act like made of Teflon and deny
  • Double down and attack rather than answer
  • Mention independence every chance

She will not scrap the football season. The very worst that will happen is that the sfa decide to delay the Scottish Cup or scrap it because of logistical reasons. 

She huffs and puffs, but there is no reason whatsoever for stopping the league season or pausing football. In fact if she does that then she is on a hiding to nothing in the polls.

I'm surprised people still believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

29 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours.................

YESTERDAYS REPORTING

Police officers were assaulted while members of the public were arrested for using pyrotechnics and sectarian-related breaches of the peace.

TODAYS REPORTING

Police said no officers were injured and confirmed those arrested were aged 18 to 44.

Fuck sake. Narrative already set

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

I've seen nothing and I really hope it stays that way thats all I'm saying. I've seen the tarrier thing yeah.

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I know that but the first minister is looking for assurances for our next league match to go ahead. That green party nonce is talking about us getting stopped willie rennie scare mongering etc.

And that's all it is, scaremongering. If they shut the league down they would have many more fans gathering in protest than were there Sunday and they don't want that. 

Archived