BBC Scotland keen to find a resolution

Ace

I understand the "fuck them " standpoint but at the end of the day every licence payer is funding this public body whether we like it or not. That will include a  lot of older generation Rangers supporters who would like to get coverage about the club the way they always did through the radio. Its a scandal they as forced paying customers are denied this. For this  reason it would be good if the issue was resolved, although it should be on the clubs terms.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a two-sided dispute and needs to stop being portrayed as such.

They are free to send any of their umpteen “journalists” to cover Rangers with one exception - a man with a track record of biased reporting.

There is no disagreement, no dispute. Rangers will not roll out the red carpet for a man who cannot be objective or neutral.

34 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Solution is simple. Remove Mclaughlin from their team of reporters that cover Rangers stories, give assurances that going forward their articles on our club will be fair and balanced.

We don't need them, they need us.

McLaughlin is no the only problem at that fenian cesspit.

It's bizarre that the situation has rumbled along so long considering they are welcome at Ibrox with the exception of McLaughlan. 

It is also bizarre that they would rather stick 3/4 guys in a room watching a livestream of our games than send them to the stadium. It's always stunk to me of bitter, bitter tarriers sticking up for their mate as it makes absolutely no sense commercially for them, and it makes them look wholly unprofessional considering all they need to do is send anyone bar him. And as others have said, he just needs to stick his hand in his pocket.

28 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I understand the "fuck them " standpoint but at the end of the day every licence payer is funding this public body whether we like it or not. That will include a  lot of older generation Rangers supporters who would like to get coverage about the club the way they always did through the radio. Its a scandal they as forced paying customers are denied this. For this  reason it would be good if the issue was resolved, although it should be on the clubs terms.

I would question this in all honesty, in this day and age I wold say it would be very very few who use the radio as their sole source of resource for news. It's not reason enough for Rangers to stand down on this. 

It’s very clear as it has been for months that the BBC can attend and report on our matches. It is their choice not to do so. If by resolution they mean sending McLaughlin we can tell them where to go. I wasn’t aware clubs had personal reporters that only reported on one club. I’m sure the BBC have other sports journalists they can use. The choice is theirs.  

Simple resolution. 

The BBC can cover Rangers but with the exception of Chris McLaughlan who is not welcome. 

If they wish for this him to be allowed to return, a full written admission that his coverage was not balanced and an apology published on the BBC Scotland website, and covered on Reporting Scotland would be a start. 

End of the day this boils down to a bias reporter throwing a huff in Chris McLaughlin because we took away his press privileges. BBC were more than able to send others but decided to stand with this clown.  It's ridiculous when you think about it. 

I'll bet with our manager appearing on ITV news and even sky having a go for more access. They'll be under more pressure to sort this out. 

If BBC want access again they can send reporters. But it seems they want McLaughlin back in. Our club should easily have a list of demands for that to happen. If not they can whistle. 

They were ok to have an impasse when we weren't box office. Now we are champions and Scotland's best performer in Europe for the second year running they are hurting. It is not in our interest to come to an agreement with them now. Leave them to suffer. 

47 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Well stop paying the license 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

End of the day this boils down to a bias reporter throwing a huff in Chris McLaughlin because we took away his press privileges. BBC were more than able to send others but decided to stand with this clown.  It's ridiculous when you think about it. 

I'll bet with our manager appearing on ITV news and even sky having a go for more access. They'll be under more pressure to sort this out. 

Tbf, its's not that ridiculous. Most outlets would do the exact same and we've done similar after having someone's revoked at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tbf, its's not that ridiculous. Most outlets would do the exact same and we've done similar after having someone's revoked at Tynecastle.

It just feels to me of cutting your nose to spite your face. 

End of the day he's one reporter is that really worth years of boycotting. 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Why'd we ban McLaughlin again?

He never fails to have a go at us, last instance was after a 6 goal rout the cunt sought out the police match commander and led his story with 2 Rangers fans arrested for sectarian singing. He’s never felt the need to ask match commander for their report in any match apart from ours.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think it's as much the length of time it's gone on for. That's a good few years. Usually you would reach some sort of resolution rather than this impasse.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It just feels to me of cutting your nose to spite your face. 

End of the day he's one reporter is that really worth years of boycotting. 

He is just one reporter but he's their reporter. Nobody is going to chuck their guy under the bus just to get access to Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think it's as much the length of time it's gone on for. That's a good few years. Usually you would reach some sort of resolution rather than this impasse.

Aye, that's a far bigger issue for me. Rather than trying to find a resolution, everyone has refused to budge and let to a several-years-long impasse.

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The resolution is pretty fucking simple.

They can send a reporter to cover the stories, as long as it isnt Chris McLaughlin.

As far as I am aware, we have never banned the BBC, they just choose not to attend.

The resolution for them is pretty simple, they choose to attend.

Yes Chris McLaughlin is a massive problem and a scum bag and if he’s ever at Ibrox I want him booted up and down the length and breadth of Edminston Drive. However I honestly believe there’s more than just him in that rancid organisation. Remember the reporting of the club from 2011 - 2014. They were the ones pushing the new club narrative, portraying a video of McCoist committing suicide by jumping off of Ibrox, Jim Spence, Tom English, Dick Gordon, Stuart Cosgrove and Michael Stewart all being able to spout hatred and lies about my club. One of the most momentous days in our history in the three bears taking over the club was followed by a 2 hour special why Dave King WASN’T fit and proper and the authorities shouldn’t have allowed him to take over.

Yes Chris McLaughlin is an absolute scum bag but it goes far deeper for me and personally I don’t want anyone from the BBC near my club.

The BBC are not really that interested in reporting anything that shows us in a good light. After all they've had a good few years of practice and it wouls appear they've got quite fond of their stance.

This is all just lip service, trying to look diplomatic, appearing to be the offended rather than the offender

really don't see any need for things to change, it won't alter their perception of us as a club and the benefits we get from their inclusion are neglible

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Why'd we ban McLaughlin again?

When we beat Hibs 6-2 at Easter Road his match report was centred around Rangers fans being jailed for sectarian singing and his source was someone at police Scotland. Rangers contacted police Scotland for the fans information (assuming to ban them) and police Scotland said there were ZERO arrests. The wee speccy mess just made up a full negative story on us we won 6-2.

The guy is scum!

I remember reading an article by Archie McPherson as well saying he couldn’t believe the celebrations at the BBC when Rangers lost in the UEFA cup final as well. It was if Zenit were the Scottish team and we were the Russians.

I never want the BBC anywhere near my club, they are fucking poison.

Archived