BBC Scotland keen to find a resolution

Ace

They ignored us when they were chasing after title winning celtic, but now we are too big to ignore.

How are they going to cover one of the biggest Scottish European ties in years next Thursday? Just put BT Sport on mute and pretend they are there commentating?

I complained more than once to their bosses in London that they were not fulfilling their license conditions by ignoring the most successful club in Scottish history. Time to put the sackcloth and ashes on BBC Scotland.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again this mob trying to portray us as the bad guys, players losing their discipline to biomechanics spouting his shite about having no evidence Kamara was racially abused. They can't help themselves their agenda springs from their mouths without engaging their brain, deny what is in front of them as their pre set condition is to have a dig, no thought given to Glen Kamara and the pain and hurt this boy is going through all because he plays for Rangers. 

I hope our manager calls this fraud out and the club tell bbc Scotland they will never get back inside Ibrox and whilst their at it they can add the rest of the scottish media to the list.

How lucky are we that we have Steven Gerrard  a man of substance, compassion and a true Gentleman at the helm. The clip of him and Glen is heartbreaking and at the same time gives us a little insight into how he has taken Rangers to where we are just now.

A good honest human being who we should all be proud of.

Legend.

3 hours ago, Lets go 55 said:

Once again this mob trying to portray us as the bad guys, players losing their discipline to biomechanics spouting his shite about having no evidence Kamara was racially abused. They can't help themselves their agenda springs from their mouths without engaging their brain, deny what is in front of them as their pre set condition is to have a dig, no thought given to Glen Kamara and the pain and hurt this boy is going through all because he plays for Rangers. 

I hope our manager calls this fraud out and the club tell bbc Scotland they will never get back inside Ibrox and whilst their at it they can add the rest of the scottish media to the list.

How lucky are we that we have Steven Gerrard  a man of substance, compassion and a true Gentleman at the helm. The clip of him and Glen is heartbreaking and at the same time gives us a little insight into how he has taken Rangers to where we are just now.

A good honest human being who we should all be proud of.

Legend.

This is a line in the sand moment for Stewart .He’s going to have to apologise this time .If he doesn’t and BBC keep him on they have no chance of weaselling their way back into Ibrox .

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This is a line in the sand moment for Stewart .He’s going to have to apologise this time .If he doesn’t and BBC keep him on they have no chance of weaselling their way back into Ibrox .

Couldn’t agree more, he likes to be on the edge with his assertions for no other reason except notoriety, however I think he’s now bitten off more than he can chew on such an emotive subject at this particular time. He got away with the Morelos comments as it was effectively polarised to Scotland and the media here play fast and loose with their editorial agenda, this incident has a far wider audience and he is needing to be confronted on it. 
I actually read a tweet be Jean Johansson effectively slating his comments without naming him, I think all should be calling him (and the BBC) out personally...

Just a small thing on the 10:30 news from them last night. When they went to the sport section they brought up Thursday night of course. However, what I found quite curious was that they started the story with the Slavia accusation against our players attacking Kudela rather than an alleged racist incident which they did move on to.

Now I didn't watch the news the night before or at all until last night but it seemed a very weird way to edit that story. Surely you would lead with the original accusation then the second?

Don't want to sound like a mad conspiracy theorist but that along with allowing weird cunts like Stewart a voice fucking reeks.

Been a member here for a while now but don’t normally post.

I listened to sportsound yesterday in the hope of hearing the unequivocal condemnation of vile racist abuse suffered by Glen.

While this was done by guest Marvin Bartley, Stewart could just not help himself,  to say that he was “uncomfortable” in discussing it as it was just an allegation when to all normal human beings it was blatantly obvious what happened was just shocking.

There should be no reconciliation attempt with the BBC while he is still employed!!!!

If you look at both Herald and Scotsman websites you actually have to look for Kamara’s statement while the “Slavia player assaulted” is on the front page.

Sadly, Stewart’s contemptible “prove it” stance is mirrored by others in the SMSM whose hatred of our club is greater than their hatred of racism.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

If you look at both Herald and Scotsman websites you actually have to look for Kamara’s statement while the “Slavia player assaulted” is on the front page.

Sadly, Stewart’s contemptible “prove it” stance is mirrored by others in the SMSM whose hatred of our club is greater than their hatred of racism.

Just shows the unacceptable way this country has declined in the last 10 to 15 years .Lazy reporters latch onto anything regarding us and turn the narrative to suit themselves .

Going by what Iv seen on social media most taigs are actually onside with us .There are as normal a good few arseholes but not nearly as many as normal .

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Thing is he’s a Rangers hating scum bag working for a Rangers hating organisation. Cunt will probably get a promotion.

40 minutes ago, BlazingSandals said:

Been a member here for a while now but don’t normally post.

I listened to sportsound yesterday in the hope of hearing the unequivocal condemnation of vile racist abuse suffered by Glen.

While this was done by guest Marvin Bartley, Stewart could just not help himself,  to say that he was “uncomfortable” in discussing it as it was just an allegation when to all normal human beings it was blatantly obvious what happened was just shocking.

There should be no reconciliation attempt with the BBC while he is still employed!!!!

Him and Chris McLaughlin would need to go before we even entertained the idea of dealing with these cunts again. Personally I want nothing to do with that rancid organisation ever again!

52 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Just a small thing on the 10:30 news from them last night. When they went to the sport section they brought up Thursday night of course. However, what I found quite curious was that they started the story with the Slavia accusation against our players attacking Kudela rather than an alleged racist incident which they did move on to.

Now I didn't watch the news the night before or at all until last night but it seemed a very weird way to edit that story. Surely you would lead with the original accusation then the second?

Don't want to sound like a mad conspiracy theorist but that along with allowing weird cunts like Stewart a voice fucking reeks.

I will never understand why any Rangers Supporter would pay a license to these cunts to abuse us. How many times do they have to treat us like the scrapings off their shoes till some wake up and stop funding their shite. 

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

As others have said, swap Kamara for Sterling, Rashford etc and how different the reaction would have been.

Or if it was fucking Julien or one of the scum players!!! 

Just sent complaint to BBC, will let you know if any cunt listens.

”On Thursday night, a black Rangers player was racially abused during a match and was visibly distressed by it. Despite the offender taking the highly unusual step of cupping his hand to avoid being heard by others, another player heard the offensive comment (“f#####g monkey”). 

The matter was discussed on BBC Radio Scotland afterwards during which Michael Stewart was noticeably less supportive than others. He rambled incoherently for some time (I think he realised that he had gone down a verbal cul-de-sac) before effectively saying that it was up to the abused player to prove it. I was shocked to hear this and wondered if Marcus Rashford, for example, would have been asked to “prove it” had he been abused.

The attitude of BBC Scotland towards Rangers FC is generally accepted as being difficult/hostile (depending on your viewpoint) and Rangers supporters have been short changed for years with a Pacific Quay self imposed ban resulting in greatly reduced coverage for the same licence fee.

However biased reporting is one thing, but asking a racially abused player to “prove it” is quite another.

In the current Black Lives Matter climate, I really think you should review Mr Stewart’s future contributions to BBC Scotland football coverage.

I would appreciate a response that explains why you would continue to offer support (and employment) to a man whose contempt for one particular club blinds him to a far more important issue.”

20 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just sent complaint to BBC, will let you know if any cunt listens.

”On Thursday night, a black Rangers player was racially abused during a match and was visibly distressed by it. Despite the offender taking the highly unusual step of cupping his hand to avoid being heard by others, another player heard the offensive comment (“f#####g monkey”). 

The matter was discussed on BBC Radio Scotland afterwards during which Michael Stewart was noticeably less supportive than others. He rambled incoherently for some time (I think he realised that he had gone down a verbal cul-de-sac) before effectively saying that it was up to the abused player to prove it. I was shocked to hear this and wondered if Marcus Rashford, for example, would have been asked to “prove it” had he been abused.

The attitude of BBC Scotland towards Rangers FC is generally accepted as being difficult/hostile (depending on your viewpoint) and Rangers supporters have been short changed for years with a Pacific Quay self imposed ban resulting in greatly reduced coverage for the same licence fee.

However biased reporting is one thing, but asking a racially abused player to “prove it” is quite another.

In the current Black Lives Matter climate, I really think you should review Mr Stewart’s future contributions to BBC Scotland football coverage.

I would appreciate a response that explains why you would continue to offer support (and employment) to a man whose contempt for one particular club blinds him to a far more important issue.”

👏👏👏

Excellent well done ,all points covered .BCC to Head of BBC Sport would have been nice .

3 minutes ago, frenv said:
I wondered why on earth Michael Stewart was in the top trending twitter list...

Wow ,he ain’t going to be able to hide from this now .His go to Stick it into Rangers tactic looks to have backfired big time .

5 minutes ago, frenv said:
I wondered why on earth Michael Stewart was in the top trending twitter list...

Hopefully they get their weight behind it and we finally get rid of that scum bag. However remember it’s BBC Scotland and it wouldn’t surprise me if they came out and backed Stewart purely because it goes against Rangers and their players.

Just now, magic8ball said:

Wow ,he ain’t going to be able to hide from this now .His go to Stick it into Rangers tactic looks to have backfired big time .

The twitter posts just became a story on the DR too.

Just watched football focus on the BBC about tomorrows match-according to them its all down to celtic falling apart is the reason we won the league this season. You would think celtic had fallen apart and lost 10 games the way they talk. Its so biased

Rangers have made it quite clear that the BBC has never been banned from Ibrox, they just choose not to attend.

Every effort should be made to reconcile the issues with the BBC.

I would even say that we should be the bigger party and tell them that McLaughlin is allowed back.

Then when the BBC turn up at Ibrox for the first press conference or event, it should now be made clear that the whole organisation of BBC Scotland is now banned.

Archived