The McGregor Save

19 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Sutton on BT Highlights. "It's a good save, it's not a great save."

:sadface:

I do no understand why that miserable twat is on TV - none of the other commentators or studio people like him, and he talks a lot of negative crap all the time.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Big V said:

Exactly this. Everyone in the stadium or watching the game "saw" it go in but then a second later all those same people were like... What? How is it possible that's not a goal? Then the replays come on and nothing is explained at all, it's still like... What? How is it possible that is not a goal? INSANE.

I just couldn't fathom out how I couldn't see the ball in the net. I thought my screen had frozen :lol: I think I was going by Patterson's body language....he was sure it was in! Also saw Davis on the line not doing anything but casually walking away. I think he just accepted 'No bog deal, it's Greegsy doing what he does! :lol: 

7 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Having watched it numerous times I have come to the conclusion his arm physically gets longer so he can reach the ball, big cheating swine. :mutley:

Yes and he gains Bruce Lee's little finger coated in gorilla clue.

9 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I just couldn't fathom out how I couldn't see the ball in the net. I thought my screen had frozen :lol: I think I was going by Patterson's body language....he was sure it was in! Also saw Davis on the line not doing anything but casually walking away. I think he just accepted 'No bog deal, it's Greegsy doing what he does! :lol: 

:lol::lol: 

Every angle, every close up, each frozen still photo of the moment make it better, the more precisely it is is seen the more impressive it is. No other save I've seen is like that, they look good from the odd angle, this looks insane from the worst angle and properly insane from the best.

Like let's not forget it was an absolutely brilliant cross, like the perfect ball with swerve and power, it came in really fast and the guy had a free header from about what 7-8 yards? His header was also brilliant, using the pace of the ball and directing it like a bullet to the bottom right corner. Perfect cross, near-perfect header.  THE BEST.

7 minutes ago, Big V said:

:lol::lol: 

Every angle, every close up, each frozen still photo of the moment make it better, the more precisely it is is seen the more impressive it is. No other save I've seen is like that, they look good from the odd angle, this looks insane from the worst angle and properly insane from the best.

Like let's not forget it was an absolutely brilliant cross, like the perfect ball with swerve and power, it came in really fast and the guy had a free header from about what 7-8 yards? His header was also brilliant, using the pace of the ball and directing it like a bullet to the bottom right corner. Perfect cross, near-perfect header.  THE BEST.

I noticed this morning that it actually bounces slightly before McGregor gets to it, which helps him v slightly. I think if it hadn't it would have gone straight in. That's taking nothing away from him though, whether it did/didn't bounce, it is a world class save that will live long in the memory! 

29 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Aye I was having a game of spot the ball to, could not figure out where it had went, not a part of me though it was in his hand.

21 hours ago, badjon said:

Did he really say that? I think somone is bitter and must realise somone like McGregor has more talent in his discarded bogeys than him. What a prick hope he gets called up for that.

Keown said the same. They were reacting to Coisty’s earlier comment about it being as good as Banks save from Pele. I had to look at the Banks save again and not only did I think McGregor’s save was better, I think that McGregor has had a few saves that were better. No debate for me, on the save last night though, that save defied belief, defied physics and defied logic. Best I’ve seen, period. 

On 11/03/2021 at 19:48, Brackley Bluenose said:

Deserves it’s own thread because I’m not exaggerating when I say that’s one of the best saves I’ve ever seen. Up there with the one he did away at Bremen. It’s kicked off the surface and there’s venom in it. Unbelievable keeper, saves like that win you leagues and hopefully on this occasion, European ties. 

Because of the occasional this save was ranked as the best ever.

Take a bow, son.

Screenshot_20210312-211133_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, Big V said:

Holy shit man, it's the best save ever. There is no doubt in my mind. 

He must have hit down on it imparting backspin on the ball. There's such a thing as a natural ball player.

On 12/03/2021 at 21:09, James Rolle said:

Keown said the same. They were reacting to Coisty’s earlier comment about it being as good as Banks save from Pele. I had to look at the Banks save again and not only did I think McGregor’s save was better, I think that McGregor has had a few saves that were better. No debate for me, on the save last night though, that save defied belief, defied physics and defied logic. Best I’ve seen, period. 

I watched him and sutton spouting pish that it was nowhere near as good as banks v Pele. 

Keown said banks had to move 8 yards to save it. Utter bollocks. 

Granted banks save was in a world cup game but as far as I know the laws of physics remain the same in every game of football that has ever been played at any level. The competition makes no difference to a keepers agility or reaction time.

Shaggers save is probably the best I have ever seen, arguably even better than the goalie v them.

Archived