Nathan Patterson

Stunels

51 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I thought he was absolutely out his depth for the first 65 minutes. Had clearly been identified as the weak link and offers nothing compared to Tav going forward. If he was not Scottish, not a product of the youth academy then absolutely nobody would be commenting on him. Total desperation amongst Rangers fans to have someone come through the ranks. Seen it for years and absolutely nobody has ever fulfilled the expectations placed upon them. 

He put in a great challenge and came on to a game later but he was all over the place earlier. Leave him to get on with it without continual over analysis and exaggeration.

Be as well changing your name to John Snow

You know nothing 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG clearly told Goldson to father him and shield any of his potential errors due to his lack of experience.

Whole team had a dodgy first half defensively, but young Patterson was very impressive in the second half. 

He has the potential to become a fantastic player for us in time.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Not sure about the heading but the kid is going to be a player. Shaky at times, but just think of the experience learned from that.

Reminds me more and more of Alan Hutton.

Been thinking similar ,he isn’t as strong yet though ,has more technical ability though .

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I thought tonight was probably his worst game for us.

Up against a bigger, faster, stronger opponent and for the first hour he didn’t get near him. Not slating the boy by any means, but I think tonight was a big learning opportunity for him, and a big reminder of why the sooner Tav is back the better.

Yes, tonight was a marker for him. Needs to take his game up a level. But he's 19 ffs. And that tackle at the death alone justifies his inclusion.

Wee boy needs to work on conditioning and that will come with age a bit.  Seen McAlister telling Gerrard tonight he was being out muscled by their winger and was evident they were targeting him. Stood up to it and faced it but. 

To be fair their winger was a big bit of a boy.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Wee boy needs to work on conditioning and that will come with age a bit.  Seen McAlister telling Gerrard tonight he was being out muscled by their winger and was evident they were targeting him. Stood up to it and faced it but. 

To be fair their winger was a big bit of a boy.

He had a hard shift  and as you say was targeted as he isn’t  a seasoned Euro player.

There were times in the first half where I was concerned for him. Came through it though and had a good second half.

Patterson did us proud.

A young Bear living the dream with absolutely no fear of any team or player.

Give me more of that!!!!!!!

Clearly I’m in the minority but I thought tonight exposed him. I thought he was consistently outmuscled and outpaced, went in for tackles at the wrong time and his touch was loose on a few occasions. 

It’s not his fault. He’s very young, has barely played any first team football and is being thrown in against good opposition. He’s clearly got a lot of potential, and will learn from nights like tonight and improve as he gets older, stronger and more experienced. 

1 minute ago, SonicWill said:

Clearly I’m in the minority but I thought tonight exposed him. I thought he was consistently outmuscled and outpaced, went in for tackles at the wrong time and his touch was loose on a few occasions. 

It’s not his fault. He’s very young, has barely played any first team football and is being thrown in against good opposition. He’s clearly got a lot of potential, and will learn from nights like tonight and improve as he gets older, stronger and more experienced. 

They played to his side.

But kamara left him.wildly exposed

Kamara had another game.like the hearts away game tonight.

He was awful 

18 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

They played to his side.

But kamara left him.wildly exposed

Kamara had another game.like the hearts away game tonight.

He was awful 

As did aribo until moved into the front 3, Aribo should not play in europe unless its part of a front 3, too much of a luxury imo. Roll on jacko back in next week hopefully

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Also, that daft rule breach he done could be the best thing that’s ever happened to him. 

Why?? SFA could serve a ban that will finish his domestic season on 25th March - so losing first team action. Tavernier will be back fit by the time the season starts up again.

Could be one of the worst things he has done.

Thought Patterson did really well tonight. He was eager which far outweighed some other more experienced players. Gaffer sees him as a massive potential so I'm definitely more in tune with his thoughts on the young man than anyone on here with their negativity towards him. 

There are some right bangers on this thread.  

It was clear that Slavia saw him as the weak link and targeted him. Got the run around for most of the 1st half but the longer the game went on the more he grew into it. Overall a decent performance against what were probably the best players he has faced in his life.

Not yet as good as Tav but if keeps progressing in a year or two he could well be. Setting a good example for the rest of our youth players in showing that making the 1st team is possible.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It was clear that Slavia saw him as the weak link and targeted him. Got the run around for most of the 1st half but the longer the game went on the more he grew into it. Overall a decent performance against what were probably the best players he has faced in his life.

Not yet as good as Tav but if keeps progressing in a year or two he could well be. Setting a good example for the rest of our youth players in showing that making the 1st team is possible.

I thought they brought the guy on at HT to go at him but instead it was their wonder boy Sima swapped wings. Thought he handed him really well. 

14 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Given the run around in the first half but didn't let if get to him, knew the boy had the beating of him but didn't give up and grew into the game the second half.

Fantastic attitude from the boy, has the mentality required to do well.

22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I agree, but needs game time over the next couple of years to develop. If Tav's back, playing well, and is our captain, I wonder how much game time Patterson will actually get. The norm would be to get him out on loan elsewhere, and get a good 40-50 games under his belt. Gerrard however would surely be against this, he has made it clear that he wants two good players for each position throughout the team. This could be a potential headache, and will need to be managed well. Scotland RB slot is up for grabs, will be interesting to watch this one develop. 

6 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Gaffer sees him as a massive potential so I'm definitely more in tune with his thoughts on the young man than anyone on here with their negativity towards him. 

Everybody still sees him as massive potential though. That doesn’t change just because people can admit that he had an indifferent game against a far stronger player and he got overwhelmed a little bit.

Kept working all game, made a massive block in the second half. Points where he looked like a kid who's started only a few senior games, but huge potential. Imagine the player he'll be with a bit more experience and when he fills out physically, he's not slow and he's got an engine - both will get better and he'll be pounding the weights ready for next season too. 

He's a very good player and it's brilliant to see us produce a player that is contributing.

Thought he was a bit nervous getting forward last night, made some silly decisions it an attacking sense. Also remember him getting caught out against one of their lot down the wing when he naively came steaming in and then couldn't catch him once he was turned.

However, you expect little moments like this early on in his career, it's all about the learning curve. For the most part he was very good defensively and that tackle at the end was quality.

He's got a couple of years now to really learn from Tav and try and push for his spot long-term.

Archived