Nathan Patterson

Stunels

I said in the match thread that I was proud that he's ours. We've waited a long time for someone as promising as him to break into the first team squad, and this boy could go all the way. Got a lot of Tav's attributes and has a calm head. Good crosser of the ball too! That tackle was immense!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To step in with your first European start, deputising for our captain against easily the best side we’ve faced this season takes some nerves. I thought he did well, even though Slavia clearly targeted him as a weak link. It will be a steep learning curve for him but he’s got the attributes to be a big player in the future. He needs a good attitude (which by all accounts he has) to learn from others around him and also bulk up a bit, work on his conditioning and he could be massive for us in the next few years. 

52 minutes ago, Jimbo82 said:

Kept working all game, made a massive block in the second half. Points where he looked like a kid who's started only a few senior games, but huge potential. Imagine the player he'll be with a bit more experience and when he fills out physically, he's not slow and he's got an engine - both will get better and he'll be pounding the weights ready for next season too. 

Think he’ll be similarly built & shaped to Barasic in a cpl of years.  
When coupled with his natural footballing ability he’s gonna be a massive asset to us in many ways moving forward.  

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

To step in with your first European start, deputising for our captain against easily the best side we’ve faced this season takes some nerves. I thought he did well, even though Slavia clearly targeted him as a weak link. It will be a steep learning curve for him but he’s got the attributes to be a big player in the future. He needs a good attitude (which by all accounts he has) to learn from others around him and also bulk up a bit, work on his conditioning and he could be massive for us in the next few years. 

Wasn't his first European start. Everything else is correct.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m sorry to report that fans on twitter are already calling for Tav to me moved into midfield or right side of attack after Pattersons performance last night.

this is why we can’t have nice things.

I posted on linkedin we should play Patterson RWFA and bring Tav back into his normal position upon return

If Nathan progresses as he looks capable of doing then he will be a very good player. 

As a few have said the problem is if getting him game time when Tav is back, he really needs to play games now and I wonder if a season lone would be best. I am sure Stevie and his backroom guys will already have the best plan for him next season. 

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Everybody still sees him as massive potential though. That doesn’t change just because people can admit that he had an indifferent game against a far stronger player and he got overwhelmed a little bit.

Disagree with him being overwhelmed. He barely had the back up on many occasions, so if you mean in that sense then fair enough. 

He isn't going to step into Tav's shoes as Tav. He's finding his own. Definitely did well imo given his age etc etc. 

Each to their own views though...not sure why you're even wading in tbh. 

A very talented youngster that has been thrown in. By no means has he made a fool of himself - for the most part he hasnt looked out of place in the latter stages of the Europa League. We need to keep playing this lad at this point..let Tav sit the league out. Patterson is under the guidance of Beale who was instrumental in the developement of Alexander-Arnold, supposedly. I think we have a Management team who can really spot talent. I will trust their judgement.

He has done very well since coming into the team. Remember he would feel so much pressure because of recent events, and the fact he's filling in for the Captain.

First half he was nervous but the whole team were. He got better as the game went on and you saw that in the 2nd half with that brilliant block, then he went on a few positive runs.

He is only going to get better. 

I don't think we can expect any replacement for Tav to play like Tav. 

12 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Disagree with him being overwhelmed. He barely had the back up on many occasions, so if you mean in that sense then fair enough. 

He isn't going to step into Tav's shoes as Tav. He's finding his own. Definitely did well imo given his age etc etc. 

Each to their own views though...not sure why you're even wading in tbh. 

Exchanging opinions and having debates with people is sort of the whole point of a forum :lol:

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

The reason all they youngsters from the last few years never got in the squad was because they were shite. This boy has proved no matter what age you are , if you are good enough you will get there.

Most sensible thing you've ever posted

Archived