Our European Coefficient

Bill8972

1 minute ago, Bill8972 said:

Not only top of this table but we've pulled out a 0.275 gap to Ukraine!

Imagine how much  farther the country would have moved up the coefficient if they hadn't been receiving regular pumpings in Europe. 

14 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

Not only top of this table but we've pulled out a 0.275 gap to Ukraine!

Salzburg out now, how many points do we get for progressing to the next round?

1 point awarded if club reach the Quarter-final

1 point awarded if club reach the Semi-final

1 point awarded if club reach the Final

I was hoping that this was bonus points and you still get 2 points per win and 1 point for draw but I think that was only for the group stage

2 minutes ago, GSBear said:

I was hoping that this was bonus points and you still get 2 points per win and 1 point for draw but I think that was only for the group stage

Nah you still get 2 pts win, 1 pts draw at this stage.

Those above are bonus points.

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Winning next week is absolutely massive .Even more so ,if the Ukrainian sides get turfed out .

Winning next seasons league becomes a massive pot of Gold for us if we stay focused ?while the scum are still in turmoil 🤔😉

We could be out of site for a number of years if we win the league next year and get automatic qualification into CL, huge season.

15 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Next season is looking huge for us, win the league and get to the group stages and we'll be in a great position off the field

If we really get our shit together and support Gerrard we can be qualifying for the CL group stage automatically for 3 or more seasons in a row by winning the league. Due to Scotland's poor coefficient before we came back up we're going to climb the country rankings as 5 year old rankings fall off season on season.

What a great time to win the league.

52 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Imagine how much  farther the country would have moved up the coefficient if they hadn't been receiving regular pumpings in Europe. 

Or we hadn’t been demoted ,pretty sure the points are over 5 years .

35 minutes ago, GSBear said:

Is the bonus point a full point or is it divided by the amount of numpties that Scotland entered .

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Remember when they said they didn't need us lol. 

Even now they'll not give us the credit we deserve for turning the coefficient around..

Good reason for that .It’s more than likely we will benefit from CL Group stage entry next year .😁

If we qualify for quarter finals does that mean we are now seeded in the Champions League qualifiers? Seen we were unseeded last month but don’t know if that’ll change if we get through.

Getting into the Champions League next season and giving us funds to improve our squad and win 56 could be massive as we can then budget on going straight into the Champions League the following year.

This is a massive chance for us to get a bit of dominance and go and get 3/4 in a row. 🙏🏻

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If we qualify for quarter finals does that mean we are now seeded in the Champions League qualifiers? Seen we were unseeded last month but don’t know if that’ll change if we get through.

Getting into the Champions League next season and giving us funds to improve our squad and win 56 could be massive as we can then budget on going straight into the Champions League the following year.

This is a massive chance for us to get a bit of dominance and go and get 3/4 in a row. 🙏🏻

Nah, very unlikely we're going to be seeded for both qualifiers. Round three probably, but not the Playoff round should we get there.

All our opponents in these qualifiers appear to have increased their coefficient this year.

1 hour ago, StewGer said:

Get through this round and a place in the top ten is possible. Amazing stuff. Be easier if they hadn't fucked it most of the last decade.

10th is too much of a stretch this season. Each win only contributes 0.500 points to Scotland. As we are 2.450 points behind Austria so we need 5 wins or say 3 wins and 4 draws. We would need to reach final with straight wins all the way. 

It’s such a big thing for Scottish football but I feel any praise from the press is given through gritted teeth. We’ve been flying the flag single handed for the last few seasons with some strong and consistent performances on the European stage. The powers that be in this country should be singing our praises but they can’t bring themselves to do it. 

15 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Nah, very unlikely we're going to be seeded for both qualifiers. Round three probably, but not the Playoff round should we get there.

All our opponents in these qualifiers appear to have increased their coefficient this year.

Not sure i agree Chris. Scotland are 14th for next seasons competition and last season that meant entering in the final qualifying stage. Remember the CL has a champions route and non champions route and at the final stage there are only 8 teams, four seeded obviously in the champions route. The lowest seeded team at that stage this season had 27.500 points and we currently have 30.250 so very good chance we only have 1 qualifier and will be seeded for it. The terriers have always been seeded even though they have failed regularly. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Is it possible for us to catch Austria this season at all?

As already said, unlikely, however as long as we stay 11th, champions of SPFL will get a Champions league place in 22/23  automatically.  If we win next week there is virtually no chance of Ukraine catching us. I should add that both the Champions League winners and Europa League winners need have already qualified in their home countries or they would get that place and worst case would be that 9th would be last automatic qualifying place.

Archived