Where will the gaffer look to strengthen the squad this summer.

I don't think we'll be looking for wingers unless we change our system. The wing backs provide the majority of the width with the front three rotating or Morelos up top with two narrow in behind. To play with two of the front three wide puts more responsibiliity on the number 9 to score although he can be assisted by an Arfield type in midfield.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

I don't think we'll be looking for wingers unless we change our system. The wing backs provide the majority of the width with the front three rotating or Morelos up top with two narrow in behind. To play with two of the front three wide puts more responsibiliity on the number 9 to score although he can be assisted by an Arfield type in midfield.

I think we are pretty solid in the 2 10s positions. Kent, Hagi, Roofe and Wright along with Arfield and Aribo who can play there if needed.

We will only buy to replace the sold. Zero need to make the squad any bigger.

10 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

We dont according to Ross Wilson's latest interview but unless Mr Bisgrove has some cracking deal up his sleeve we are going to have to curb our spending.

Unless something changes.

Player sales is what's changing ya fucking madman

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A few clubs linked with the boy Doig at Hibs today and a fee of 1.5 million banded about.

We should be all over that tbh.

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A few clubs linked with the boy Doig at Hibs today and a fee of 1.5 million banded about.

Too expensive, that's 30 Kamara's :lol:

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hopefully he doesn’t go to the taigs be an upgrade for them, he’s not coming here unless Borna goes, we’ve got Bassey as back up and also young Maxwell coming through. 

New signings will probably have to be funded by player sales. The board are not a well that we can continually turn to.

However I think the market we will be looking at is cross border deals. We got Aribo in that market for 300k.

Without player sales we wont have the money to make significant purchases.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Unless we got him on a free wouldn't be worth it according to our business model. He'd cost a Ryan Kent sized fee and he's 27. 

I thought he was 19 ? 🧐

edit. Quick google search confirms he’s 27 😂

5 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

I thought he was 19 ? 🧐

edit. Quick google search confirms he’s 27 😂

You may be thinking of Adam Hlozek at Sparta Prague.

Don't think Slavia own Stanciu outright either. I looked him up last week and I read they own 60% of him due to the club they originally sold him to not being able to afford the full fee.

Edit: 65% it is, with some club in Saudi Arabia still owning the rest.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We should 100% be looking at this market, there are good potential frees available in countries like Belgium.

Sakala is the most known one but someone like Daan Heymans is only 21 and scored 9 goals from midfield for the team bottom of the league. Those two on frees could be smart business. 

I remember when Beveren used to field nearly a full team of players from the Ivory Coast!

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Yaya Toure played for them I'm sure?

Yeah, they had a guy who coached them who was an ex French international who had previously been coach of the Ivory Coast national side and he signed a whole squad of players. Anderlecht had Aruna Dindane around that time as well. I'm sure he was Ivorian.

That era was great, the league was quite good to watch. When I was a kid we used to get the highlights of Belgian football a lot on TV where we were living at the time. Have a lot of weird things that have stuck in my mind like watching Lorenzo Staelens last game before he went to Japan :lol: 

Alin Stoica is still one of my favourite players of all time, pity there is barely anything of him on YouTube. 

Archived